Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    Mainly I lost the browser patches my daughter needs to work on her on-line homework. Without this the browser just won't download / open the files she needs. As I'm kinda busy right now it would have been better / smoother for me to wait just a bit.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyFizzoli View Post
    People on here crack me up...What issues? There's literally TWO issues I've heard about. Neither of them seem significant at all unless you use your touchpad solely to play video games. It's a system update. It updated the system. Everything is better, faster etc. Why wouldn't you upgrade.

This is similar to people making threads worried about their touchpad cracking at the speaker. You have to understand how the internet, especially message boards, work. People are only gonna make posts about problems. No one is going to make a post talking about how everything went as expected.

Cliffs:
    -The update is awesome...
    2 issues? you must not have read the bug post stickied at the top of the page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotatoslacker View Post
    2 issues? you must not have read the bug post stickied at the top of the page.
    A lot of the issues reported fall into a couple/few categories when further trouble shooting is done.

Also some issues, like the Promo Code bug have already been fixed by HP.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    A lot of the issues reported fall into a couple/few categories when further trouble shooting is done.

Also some issues, like the Promo Code bug have already been fixed by HP.
    True but wasn't working for a lot of folks when the last round of promo codes came out, bad timing.
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    True but wasn't working for a lot of folks when the last round of promo codes came out, bad timing.
    I was just stating one of the biggest issues in the bug thread has already been resolved.

Either way at least it wasn't a crazy awesome batch of high dollar apps.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    what about sound problem (distortion) that tons of people reported? So far reboot is the only option.
    I was just stating one of the biggest issues in the bug thread has already been resolved.

Either way at least it wasn't a crazy awesome batch of high dollar apps.
    Can't really argue...
    I disabled the OS update in xterm yesterday so I don't have to deal with all the potential issues:
    - broken accelerometer with some games
    - distorted audio that comes and goes
    - brick on reboot
    - auto correct going nuts
    - broken tab key
    - inductive charging not working with third-party case
    - battery decrease
    - stuck in auto-dim
    - multiple broken apps

There are just too many issues with 3.0.4. Just based on the first two problems, I would not upgrade. I'm happy with my patched 3.0.2 which has good performance and everything is working.
    DeadVim likes this.
  9.    #29  
    Well it seems my touchpad decided for me. It updated at some point when I was charging it. I knew it would try to do that, so when I plugged in the TP I waited for the prompt, and told it to do it later like I had been doing for the last few days, I even stood there and waited a few minutes to make sure it did not do it again but it must have done so when the charge completed.
    Updated today and everything is okay except for the auto spell correct. Had to turn that off, as it was trying to change every word that I typed! Oh, and the camera pics are more grainy than before - but that isn't a real issue for me as I'm not using this for the camera.

It definitely feels "quicker". The Lithium benchmark appears to support that feeling. Pre update it scored a 107 running the 1.5 uberkernel. Post update, also running 1.5, I am now at a 97 score.

Overall, happy with the update.
    overall the 3.0.4 update is more good than bad. The biggest on-going problem for me so far is when auto-correct goes nuts. Normally it works as well or better than before (like right now), but then it will suddenly start trying to correct every word while I'm still typing resulting in gibberish.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12