Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    I have a Mac running OS X Lion 10.7.2 and iTunes 10.5 and the latest version of HP Play. I want to sync a certain number of my iTunes playlist with my TouchPad. After HP Play imports my iTunes library the individual playlists show no songs in HP Play, so of course when I sync my TouchPad it syncs empty playlists. Now I know I can copy over songs, but I would like a simple way to just keep my playlists without having to make them again. Any ideas on how I can get HP Play to work, or some other program? Thanks.
    Sprint Prē & Pixi, and HP TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by iharley View Post
    I have a Mac running OS X Lion 10.7.2 and iTunes 10.5 and the latest version of HP Play. I want to sync a certain number of my iTunes playlist with my TouchPad. After HP Play imports my iTunes library the individual playlists show no songs in HP Play, so of course when I sync my TouchPad it syncs empty playlists. Now I know I can copy over songs, but I would like a simple way to just keep my playlists without having to make them again. Any ideas on how I can get HP Play to work, or some other program? Thanks.
    I couldn't even get HP Play to install on my PC at all...finally gave up and drag-n-dropped my iTunes in USB mode. I also deleted all album thumbs etc as they seem to shop up on the photo/video app.

It's kinda sad...the stock music player on the HP Touchpad is now better than the stock music player for iPad in iOS 5.
    AZTouchpad
    - 32Gb HP Touchpad, Palm Tungsten E, 32Gb iPhone 4, 16Gb iPod touch (1st Gen)
    *...and I think webOS is awesome
    A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. - Gerald R. Ford
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    HP Play is rubbish. I couldn't get the thing to work properly and gave up on it.

Try Doubletwist which has preliminary support for the Touchpad (and a pile of other devices to boot). The version I've linked is a beta from their support pages, and Touchpad support hasn't been merged into the main release yet, but it works pretty well. You may have to fiddle with it the first time you use it to get it to see your library, but once you've got it sorted, it works pretty well.

It can read your iTunes library files and will sync your playlists as desired, automatically if you wish, just like iTunes.
    HP Play kinda sucks ***, much like the stock music player, but I did like that it was able to completely sync with my iTunes installation and copy over even the Genius playlists. Unfortunately, it's so damn difficult to work with, after doing that initial sync, I haven't actually been able to get any more media over to my touchpad, since CM7 erased what I had put on it.

Also, the music app is seeing all the files from CM7's software, which is annoying as hell.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Doubletwist is okay but it is too large a program if you just want to sync to your Touchpad. It also can't read iTunes smart Playlists. I found itunemywalkman to be the best solution. It's very small and compact and I have it set to automatically run and update my touchpad whenever I plug it in to my computer.
    I didn't even know HP Play existed until this thread. I loaded it on my PC and wow... Not only did it take forever, but it really pooched the Music Player app on my Pre 3. Starting the app would start a perpetual spinning circle. Deleting whatever it copied/moving things out of the HPMusic directory didn't help. I honestly had to redoctor my phone to fix it (which was ok because I got a chance to test my completely ATT bloatware free metadoctor image w/ Skype & Preware preinstalled). P.O.S.

I'll have to give DoubeTwist and itunemywalkman a look.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I just use Windows Media Player and sync from there. It does it really efficiently and doesnt require the drag and drop hassle. I know that it is for PC and not mac but I just wanted to share with you guys.