Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By UncleVanya
  1.    #1  
    I updated to 3.04 when it came out. After installing it showed "www.palm.com/ROM"

I tried to doctor it, but I couldn't as the doctor said I haven't enough power. Further it never showed me the USB sign, but doctor seem to have recognized the device. After now 24hours of charging it power still didn't went up.

Then I tried to reset which worked, but then went just to the "www.palm.com/ROM" error again. Then it showed me the plug. Then it went dark. No reaction to anything. Who can help?

Update: Got the error message back to life. But still unable to charge battery or doctor it
    Last edited by Blackmonday73; 10/21/2011 at 01:02 PM.
    How are you trying to charge the battery
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    How are you trying to charge the battery
    I tried with the original power adapter which worked until then. I also tried my Palm Pre charger. Now I try via USB

I now put it back to the power adapter and it shows me 16%. This was already the case yesterday...
    Last edited by Blackmonday73; 10/21/2011 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmonday73 View Post
    I tried with the original power adapter which worked until then. I also tried my Palm Pre charger. Now I try via USB
    Try the phone USB cable with the TouchPad charger. Use a phone with the charger to verify that the charger is putting out current.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    How do you know the battery isn't charging?

You should be using TP plug and cable. To check if the plug is dead, try and charge the Pre with it for a second.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmonday73 View Post
    ncinerate's startup guide mentions a physical quirk with the charger. If you haven't tried that, it may be worth a shot.
  7.    #7  
    After hours I managed to go back to 3.02 and then upgraded to 3.04

The charger works now as before and I wonder why such issues arise. Further, I lost all my data/bookmarks which is not nice.

Thanks to all who helped me
    Couple of questions, when you originally updated to 3.0.4, did you find that you were disconnecting from the servers and had to keep reconnecting?

When you finally doctored back to 3.0.2, then went back to 3.0.4, did you go OTA, or did you download the doctor? If you went OTA, did you have disconnect/reconnect issues?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel