1.    #1  
    I was trying to install 3.04 using the Doctor .Everything was going great until I had a power
    failure , Now my TPis stuck in a screen with a white arrow sitting on a computer chip. And the touchpad will not turn off of that I can restart the install. How can I get the tp to turn off?
    Probably just let it die
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Just run webOS doctor again. I had a similar problem when it bombed out will updating and I just restarted webOS doctor and it restarted the install.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by timh33 View Post
    I was trying to install 3.04 using the Doctor .Everything was going great until I had a power
    failure , Now my TPis stuck in a screen with a white arrow sitting on a computer chip. And the touchpad will not turn off of that I can restart the install. How can I get the tp to turn off?
    Ugg..bad spot to get stuck..while it's being flashed. Not sure if this might help..but it helped someone else albeit at a seemingly less stuck place.

Quote Originally Posted by Heist View Post
    Hi all. Sorry that my second post on here is a request for help, but technology is oh so lovely. (Can't wait for the age of intelligent "self healing" machines).
    I chatted w/palm support recently. Here is one shutdown method I learned (probably only to be used when standard shutdown methods don't work) that you might try.

While holding power button, click or tap the center home button 15 times.

That shut down my touchpad when it was in usb mode (big usb symbol on screen).

Good luck.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the reply's the last one worked great .

Tim