Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    would it be possible to connect my touchpad to my amp (onkyo 608) to use it to play music etc ? .. thanks
    Sure get a headphone 1/8th inch to stereo RCA/phono connector cable, and make sure you keep the volume on the touchpad down you don't want to fry the inputs on that receiver

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    20tabs likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Sure get a headphone 1/8th inch to stereo RCA/phono connector cable, and make sure you keep the volume on the touchpad down you don't want to fry the inputs on that receiver

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    nice one thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 20tabs View Post
    nice one thanks
    I do this too. Get a good quality cord with thicker insulation to help minimize radio interference (remember there are WiFi and Bluetooth antennas in the TP). You may have to fiddle with where it sits if you get a hum even with the volume down. But I've gotten it to work fine.
    I plug my touchpad into my car and it sounds great.. good cables make the difference.
    e-gadget-guy likes this.
    Other options would include a bluetooth link from TP to the stereo.

For example:
    Amazon.com: Bluetooth Stereo Gateway DC800 Bluetooth Adapter for Home Stereo: Electronics

I have no idea if this will require volume keys be carefully controlled and I'm not 100% sure it works the the TP but it's the kind of device that would simplify this setup.
    I'm not entirely positive that the Touchpad supports doing it via Bluetooth - I can pair my Touchpad to my PC, and the PC claims that it has the ability to have the Touchpad play through the PC, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

If people have the Touchpads working in cars that use a similar setup, then it probably does work.

And I definitely would recommend good cables for this too. I know there's a ton of people out there who will tell you that monster cables and other high-end cables are just overpriced crap, but there are certain situations where that is -absolutely- not true, and when you're dealing with a device that has lots of built in radio transmitters, and a high frequency processor, every bit of those differences may help. Yes, you can get a $4 cheapie, but if you get crappy performance, then it's perfectly ok to spend $20 on a good one. Onkyo doesn't make cheap crap receivers, either, so i'm sure you already know some of that.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    I read SO many post on this site where those reponding to an inquiry simply DON'T know what they are talking about! Example. Has any one on this site really ever tried to use the touchpad to play music over a home stereo reciever? If they did, they would LEARN that it will work but sound quality is too low to hear without increasing the volume of the reciever to where it could overheat! ipods do this well out of the box. For some reason, the touchpad will not produce enough volume to make it a suitable music player/server on home systems..... However, if someone really does know how to make it work without jailbraking it with touchvol which does not work well w/the touchpad, would you wish to comment......
    Connect it to something other than the Phono input on your receiver, you should be fine. Phono inputs look the same as all the others, but are designed for an entirely different signal level than regular Line Inputs.

The line output on my iPod and iPad are terrible quality and volume wise compared to the TouchPad, or for that matter, most other modern devices. Even some high quality devices from time long gone.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Bluetooth Music Receiver - $19.47 Monoprice - works awesome. Read the 87 reviews. It puts out "line out" levels and not headphone levels...It can be powered via USB or wall plug. Quality is really good apparently. Only problem, it's white and kinda ugly.

For only $19.47 - BlueTooth Music Receiver

Thank me later
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 02/17/2012 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Put the right price in the URL
    Quote Originally Posted by richzpcr View Post
    I read SO many post on this site where those reponding to an inquiry simply DON'T know what they are talking about! Example. Has any one on this site really ever tried to use the touchpad to play music over a home stereo reciever? If they did, they would LEARN that it will work but sound quality is too low to hear without increasing the volume of the reciever to where it could overheat! ipods do this well out of the box. For some reason, the touchpad will not produce enough volume to make it a suitable music player/server on home systems..... However, if someone really does know how to make it work without jailbraking it with touchvol which does not work well w/the touchpad, would you wish to comment......
    Read my post - Then read the reviews on Monoprice. It's a bluetooth receiver and it works well for less that $20. Can't beat that...
    Bluetooth outputs strong "Line Level" output. The downside is its fidelity is compromised. And time delayed.

The headphone out is so quiet that... yes, you have to use alot of additional gain. Thus, raising the noise floor (hiss in background).

Perhaps it's possible to have the reciever read the MP3s from the TP in USB Drive Mode ?

I've been using the Foxl Bluetooth speaker. Volume is excellent using Bluetooth, but, out of sync with the video. The Foxl out of the TP's headphone jack is barely louder then the TP's speakers.

I've also used my brothers Jambox with the TP. (Both the Foxl and Jambox work with TP)(Foxl sounds tiny bit better, but, has blinking light on front)
    Quote Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
    Read my post - Then read the reviews on Monoprice. It's a bluetooth receiver and it works well for less that $20. Can't beat that...
    Just a FYI, one issue with these type of devices is the quality on the DAC's. If it doesn't have a digital out, then you have to trust that whatever chip they chose (probably sourced for 50 cents per unit) isn't going to diminish the output quality.
    I read SO many post on this site where those reponding to an inquiry simply DON'T know what they are talking about! Example. [...] jailbraking it
    n/t
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the Logitech wireless speaker adapter for Bluetooth audio devices? $40 from Amazon. It gets pretty solid to good reviews on Amazon. I'm thinking of this as an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    Just a FYI, one issue with these type of devices is the quality on the DAC's. If it doesn't have a digital out, then you have to trust that whatever chip they chose (probably sourced for 50 cents per unit) isn't going to diminish the output quality.
    Yup, we're definitely not using KLEER wireless technology here at a $20 price point. But hey, I trust the 87 reviews and believe what they say that this thing doesn't suck. Some say it doesn't have HiFi sound, some say it does. If it DOES suck, return it. Monoprice is good about that kind of thing. You have 30 days to judge for yourself...
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 02/17/2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Everyone,....

I own/use the Bluetooth device from monoprice mentioned here, and I must say after using this through my home hi-end system and with a little tweaking with the EQ, And turn the volume all the way up on the TP for good s/n. I was very happy with the sound quality for a device that streams from 20-30 ft. distance. Definitely worth the price indeed.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JJCook View Post
    Has anyone tried the Logitech wireless speaker adapter for Bluetooth audio devices? $40 from Amazon. It gets pretty solid to good reviews on Amazon. I'm thinking of this as an option.
    I bought 3 of the Logitech BT adapters and have them connected to stereos all around my house--they work great with my TouchPad, Pre3, and my dad's iPod Touch. Sound quality is indistinguishable from a wired connection.

I would add that, if you're playing your music from compressed files (MP3, AAC, etc), you've already thrown audio quality to the winds relative to just popping a CD in your player, and quibbling over some additional loss from the connection type doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Any use of compressed files is inherently putting convenience ahead of quality. If quality is the top concern, play the CD.
    Sorry pal, but it's you who apparently doesn't know what you're talking about ...

1. A receiver with the volume (gain) turned up on a low level input signal doesn't produce any more wasted energy (heat) than a lower gain and a higher level input. It's the amount of watts driving the speakers (sound level) that determines the watts wasted as heat.

2. If your receiver did overheat or fail for turning up the gain sufficiently, it was defective or poorly designed.

3. What's the problem with Touchvol? Works great for me on the first boost setting.

The worst that can be said about higher gain is that background white noise is more apparent during quiet parts, but that too is related to amplifier quality, the hiss isn't coming from the Touchpad.

I'm playing music from Touchpad through HT receiver as I'm writing this. If anyone else was here I'd have to turn it down.
    I have been doing Audio professionally since 1976, I have run sound at concerts and other venues. I was a mobile DJ for a while too. So I do know what I'm talking about and I can say that there should be no problem using the Touchpad for playback into a stereo. IF you are having problems, you may be doing something wrong.

In fact, I just re tested it, because I'm that guy, on my pioneer VSX 517 and it is astoundingly good. At 100% it not only is not overdriving [DVR/DVD input] it has a full sound spectrum that I would expect from digital audio into a system of that caliber. It is at least CD quality.

FYI, it's not jailbreaking to install touchvol. It's a patch.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast