Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Southpaw32
  1.    #1  
    Where is the vibrator located? Does it affect battery life?

Is there a way to reduce its power and/or keep in running continuosly?
    (my old Samsung had this function, so the phone can be used as a
    mini massager for the neck, for example)
    I thought all webOS devices were messaging devices by design? What's that? MA-ssaging? Oh, well that's different....never mind!

I will tread lightly...

You mention an old phone, but are you wanting to use your TouchPad as a vibrating massaging device? I'm guessing so since this is the TouchPad section of the forums.

I really think you should consider an actual massaging device for this purpose...I mean, sure it COULD be used in this way, but I don't think it was designed for continued vibration. In my Pre+ the vibration is in the battery I think. So overusing it might cause the battery to malfunction due to excessive vibration wearing out the vibrating mechanism. There are much better devices for continued use in this manner. I don't know if the vibrate mechanism is in the TP battery or not.

However, there is at least one app in the app catalog (might only be for phones?) called Vibrate Massage by Rosoa for $0.99 that does what you want I think. I don't know if it has been updated to operate on the TouchPad.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    That's what she said........
    I'm just imagining someone clutching their touchpad and rubbing it on their sore neck as they run the constant vibrate function.... People would think you -REALLY- love your touchpad.

It really doesn't seem well suited for the job, even if you could get it working .
    New to webOS? Here's my definitive Get Started guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Want to dual boot Android on your Touchpad? Here's my guide: http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    LOL
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    haha remember Pocket Party? I think that what it was *intended* for on the Pre
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    I know for most people the vibrator is located in a drawers in the nightstand next to the bed.

Happy to help! ;-)
    Tikerz and Soorma like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    haha remember Pocket Party? I think that what it was *intended* for on the Pre
    That was the other one I was thinking of, couldn't remember
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    The title of this thread cracks me up every time I see it...
    This brings back memories of the old days standing at a payphone with a stack of quarters and my pager. 8-D
    The title of this thread cracks me up every time I see it...
    I was biting my tongue yes