Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Squatting Hen
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Is it just me or has the ability to "Empty Trash" disappeared in Email with the update?
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    Same here!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I never noticed it from before the update, but I see many complaining it is gone, sure wish I could have noticed it and experienced it before it was removed.

Maybe a patch can bring it back?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    It was one of the first things I noticed. I posted a Patch Request. If enough people Like it, maybe a developer will get us a fix.
    I just noticed this too! Good grief, what's up with this!????
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    We need a patch to bring back "empty the trash".
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I never noticed it from before the update, but I see many complaining it is gone, sure wish I could have noticed it and experienced it before it was removed.

Maybe a patch can bring it back?
    I didn't either - but maybe this was for POP mail?

I'm on imap with my main accounts and typically just purge when I'm on my main machine.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    is there a patch to bring that option back or has it been moved? Thanks for any help!
    <threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Same here, I normally conduct email clean-up over the weekend to take out the trash from all of my email accounts. I am a bit taken back that HP would have nixed this function from their latest 3.0.4 webOS release.

Looks like a patch is needed to either restore this function or emulate it in some manner...maybe add scheduling on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, etc. with an announcement (yes/no confirmation) to either proceed or delay til a future time. Some folks keep their trash folder full for added email restoral I am not one of them, once I delete a message, it goes to the trash, then I take it to the curb for weekly pickup to the dump yard.
    What will happen as email builds up due to the no trash delete issue. I have over 1000 emails in one account so far. Will the memory just fill up and overflow?
    you can always slide across the email it will delete the email.
    I noticed the other day if, in the center column, you hit the folder icon, it opens up a multi-select so you can move things to a new folder, flag them, or delete them all. Not really an "empty trash", but it's faster than swiping individual emails.
    Please bring this back. It sure makes managing accounts faster and easier.
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    Has there been any fix for this? Why would 3.0.4 take a basic webOS functionality out of its email app? Very annoying.
    Tim Boche

Palm IIIe, IIIx, IIIxe, IIIc, ClieT615, ClieTJ25, ClieTJ37(2), Treo600, Treo650, Centro(AT&T & Verizon),
    Pre Plus(6 replacements), TouchPads(1-16gb,2-32gb), Pre2 (and a spare)
    I just noticed this too. ***?