Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I dont know. Maybe its just me but the front facing camera has definitely taken a dip in quality. Its really "noisy" or "grainy". Before it lagged if enough light wasnt around but looked good in sufficient light. Now it doesnt lag but looks horrible due to all the grainy-ness....any thoughts? Am I the only one with the issue?

EDIT: PROOF BELOW
    Last edited by badsubby; 10/21/2011 at 11:25 PM.
    Mine was not very good before the update and now Its just rubbish.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andytvcams View Post
    Mine was not very good before the update and now Its just rubbish.
    Mine was very fine besides the lag and now its pretty bad due to all the grain. Every time I launch the camera app...for a split of a second I can see the better quality and then it gets worse.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    No one else has the same problem.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    haven't tried it yet as I just saw it a min ago and it is too dark to use it now. Did you take a pic yet and look at the actual pic? It is possible they lower the quality to prevent lag byte the actual pic is better
    I'm not seeing the issue. But then again, I already know what I look like so I only care what the other person sees. So far the only complaint is that I need to hold the touchpad still or set it on the touchstone so I can talk with my hands...

update, I just stoped my dad and he complained about the video. I guess my last call was before the update. He said it was blurry and had an airbrushed look and cut out quite often.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 10/21/2011 at 09:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    i'm seeing the same thing. cam quality was bad with 3.0.2 but now it's absolutely horrible with 3.0.4.
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Same problem. Graininess is horrid.

Worse, in low light it simply refuses to open up the aparature/exposure level. When you start the camera it'll flick open for about a 3/10ths of second and let enough light in, then go dark.

It wasn't like HP had a fantastic camera to begin with - this just futzed it up even more.

Note: When making a device that is theoretically supposed to compete with Ipad, make sure you include components, drivers, and software that either meets or excess the competition.
    mine will not even load after the update.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I had a camera pic from 3.0.2 backed up:

This is from 3.0.4:

3.0.2 was as good as my mom's ipad2 but a little laggy but at least looked good in good lighting. now it doesnt lag but looks pretty grainy.

Sorry about the sketchy black bars lol but it deemed fit due to how ugly I look.
    I had never used the camera before updating to 3.04. After testing, I am in awe of how bad it is. I have a Pre2 (think it has same camera) and it is not good, but it is stunning compared to the TP.
    Lee
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I think it is just looking so bad because it takes a typical front-camera image (1.3MP) and blows it up to tablet-sized instead of phone sized.

probably any 1.3MP video or cam image will look the same if taken inside. Go outside in good light, and it will look a little better.

but yeah, it really bites to look at! Nails on chalkboard as pictures go. But Skype isn't meant to be captured.
    try taking a picture of something random outside on a clear normal/sunny day, a lot of pics taken indoors using roomlight look brown/fugly/horrid, even my proper expensive camera has the same results.

taking a picture outside seems fine, cramped indoors with the light on and mine looks fugly still, but yeah the quality could still be improved, my ancient samsung clamshell phone only has a 1.3mp camera as well and it manages better.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badsubby View Post
    Mine was very fine besides the lag and now its pretty bad due to all the grain. Every time I launch the camera app...for a split of a second I can see the better quality and then it gets worse.
    yes. seems the potential is there but the drivers and or app is *****
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    There's been no change for me but...wow badsubby post 3.0.4 your cam is 2x better looking than mine ever was.
    Probably sent from HP Touchpad
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jshat View Post
    There's been no change for me but...wow badsubby post 3.0.4 your cam is 2x better looking than mine ever was.
    I really hate the fact that different people have different results lol. I think this degrading of quality is software related. I will go outside and take a picture later
    Quote Originally Posted by badsubby View Post
    I had a camera pic from 3.0.2 backed up:

Click to view quoted image

This is from 3.0.4:

Click to view quoted image

3.0.2 was as good as my mom's ipad2 but a little laggy but at least looked good in good lighting. now it doesnt lag but looks pretty grainy.

Sorry about the sketchy black bars lol but it deemed fit due to how ugly I look.
    Dude... If you own a Touchpad you are beautiful! WEBSOSOS!!!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    HAHAHAHA....thanks lol