1.    #1  
    Hello Precentral,

I recently got my touchpad (I am typing on it now) and want to know what patches i should install from preware. I am running the newest version of webos. Also i wanted to know if it is safe to overclock my touchpad to 1.5ghz. If so could you help me in doing so. I tried to search for some patches that i read help make the touchpad better but could not find them.

I really like webos but i think it needs a better app selection, i am coming from android and really miss some of the apps like wordfeud. Also in the future will it be possible to run Ice Cream Sandwich on the touchpad?

Thank you!
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drbaconator View Post
    Hello Precentral,

I recently got my touchpad (I am typing on it now) and want to know what patches i should install from preware. I am running the newest version of webos. Also i wanted to know if it is safe to overclock my touchpad to 1.5ghz. If so could you help me in doing so. I tried to search for some patches that i read help make the touchpad better but could not find them.

I really like webos but i think it needs a better app selection, i am coming from android and really miss some of the apps like wordfeud. Also in the future will it be possible to run Ice Cream Sandwich on the touchpad?

Thank you!
    You have to wait for the preware to be updated to clock the processor to 1.5. App selection blows on WebOS compared to what you're used to but the OS is better than Android for a tablet. On the question of ICS, it's best not to bring up the "A" word on this site. You'll get asked to go to Android central to get that information because adding functionality to the Touchpad by adding a dual boot Android is blasphemous to the mods. Serious though, it'll come but not for quite some time. You have to expect it take at least 3 months after the release of the Nexus Prime, which is the same time they release the source code for the Cyanogenmod guys and others and then it'll take them that long to release an OS for the first phones. The Touchpad will be lower on the list of priority devices.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    You have to wait for the preware to be updated to clock the processor to 1.5. App selection blows on WebOS compared to what you're used to but the OS is better than Android for a tablet. On the question of ICS, it's best not to bring up the "A" word on this site. You'll get asked to go to Android central to get that information because adding functionality to the Touchpad by adding a dual boot Android is blasphemous to the mods. Serious though, it'll come but not for quite some time. You have to expect it take at least 3 months after the release of the Nexus Prime, which is the same time they release the source code for the Cyanogenmod guys and others and then it'll take them that long to release an OS for the first phones. The Touchpad will be lower on the list of priority devices.
    Thank you for the information. I will not say the “A” word again haha I am an advisor on Android Central, so I guess ill ask there.
    Most of the OC kernels have been updated already. Also, the TP will be one of the first devices they'll be working on for the ICS port... even before the phones.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robj144 View Post
    Most of the OC kernels have been updated already. Also, the TP will be one of the first devices they'll be working on for the ICS port... even before the phones.
    Yeah, I did the OC kernals shortly after that post but why would you think Cyanogenmod would work on the Touchpad before the phones? There are many more Galaxy S phones out there than there are Touchpads and Cyanogenmod wouldn't anger the phone users by releasing ICS for a dead tablet before their phone. It's an assumption on my part but history shows they work on the newest phones first and then work on older devices because that's what's popular at the time. I'd lay money down that I get ICS on my Mytouch before the Touchpad gets it.
    Yeah, I did the OC kernals shortly after that post but why would you think Cyanogenmod would work on the Touchpad before the phones? There are many more Galaxy S phones out there than there are Touchpads and Cyanogenmod wouldn't anger the phone users by releasing ICS for a dead tablet before their phone. It's an assumption on my part but history shows they work on the newest phones first and then work on older devices because that's what's popular at the time. I'd lay money down that I get ICS on my Mytouch before the Touchpad gets it.
    From dalingrin (one of the main CM guys). He was asked what he would work on first:

"@ZerroukiAghiles once ics is out ill have 3 devices to play with, Touchpad, Nook Color, and Galaxy Nexus. Probably Touchpad"

Read here:

Twitter
    I don't know the internals super well, but it would seem that probably the Touchpad is a whole hell of a lot easier to work with, and features some hardware that is pretty comparable to some of the more advanced stuff that is out now.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Well dalingrin is the main cm guy for the touchpad and nook color so of course that is what he is going to focus on. I would expect most devices supported by cm will come around the same time.