Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Adobe Reader now at 10.3.406
    QuickOffice now at 2.1.2059
    HP App Catalogue now at 5.0.2210.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    In the HP App Catalog before the latest update did we have the option to ONLY see Touchpad apps or have I just missed this option from the beginning?
    Last edited by brshoemak; 10/20/2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Change
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brshoemak View Post
    In the HP App Catalog before the latest update did we have the option to only see Touchpad apps or was I just missing it this whole time?
    It is new for 3.0.4.
    The catalog app seems to load everything much faster and be generally more responsive. It's too bad we don't have more apps.
    They added tab indent in QuickOffice. Still no auto-correct though.
    Is Adobe Reader actually usable now?
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I have not updated yet because I am waiting for some patches to be updated but if anyone can confirm any improvement to Adobe Reader that would be great.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Got the updates to but haven't tested yet.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    The adobe reader is still crappy, dun update if you already have the 1.3 version
    3.0.2 got the same updates
  11. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jurkz View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. I have not updated yet because I am waiting for some patches to be updated but if anyone can confirm any improvement to Adobe Reader that would be great.
    It seems *slightly* faster (but still very slow compared to readers on other platforms) but the quality seems to about the same - so nothing to write home about.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I've been using reading my PDFs on my cyanogen partition for a few days now but was glad to see the updates here. The adobe update doesn't seem to have done anything except Break my rendering fix. Still no save last page viewed functions.
    I don't understand what's so bad about Adobe Reader. It loads PDFs, and I can read them without issue.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    I don't understand what's so bad about Adobe Reader. It loads PDFs, and I can read them without issue.
    If you read a lot of big technical PDFs or magazines and zoom in the rendering is terrible, also compared to other platforms it's very very slow. I read PDFs for two-three hours a day so it's very noticeable to me.
    Great! And for webOS 2.X... nooooooooooooothing!

The QuickOffice website continue with "For Smartphone users, this will be a paid upgrade, also available via the App Catalog."

#####!!

If don't wanna to release, ok... but INFORM US about this, because have MONTHS now!!

Remembering that gonna be a PAID update!!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Biggest issues are no bookmarks, no search, and the only way to jump to a page is via the scroller (not too practical for 100+ page documents). Personally I haven't really noticed the quality and speed issues, probably depends on your documents.

There is a patch which provides bookmarks (but only those made in the app), jump to page number, and selectable quality level (trade off between speed and quality). But at least as of yesterday it had not been updated for the new version.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    If you compare the same PDF with ubuntu or cyanamodgen, you'll notice very quickly the PDF on webos is blurry and not sharp. This makes a huge difference when reading long technical articles
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    For anyone wondering about the difference -

1) Maximum zoom using adobe reader app in webOS:

2) Maximum zoom using EzPDF in CM7:

Last edited by CGK; 10/21/2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VitaminD View Post
    They added tab indent in QuickOffice. Still no auto-correct though.
    I also noticed bulleted lists.
    a lot stating webOS cant do PDF's still, its got nowt to do with PDF performance, its down to the app and the app alone, and unfortunatly we only have 1 app.

but i repeat, it doesnt mean "webOS sucks for PDF's" it just means "our 1 PDF APP sucks".

webOS is fine.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast