Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    a lot stating webOS cant do PDF's still, its got nowt to do with PDF performance, its down to the app and the app alone, and unfortunatly we only have 1 app.

but i repeat, it doesnt mean "webOS sucks for PDF's" it just means "our 1 PDF APP sucks".

webOS is fine.
    As was put to you previously, if there is only one PDF app and it sucks - what's the practical difference to the end user?

none.
    one slates a single app (deservedly) the other slates the entire operating system based on 1 poorly designed custom app.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
    If you compare the same PDF with ubuntu or cyanamodgen, you'll notice very quickly the PDF on webos is blurry and not sharp. This makes a huge difference when reading long technical articles
    I just fired up an 11-page, all-text case study on my TouchPad as well as on my desktop computer. I really don't see much difference at all.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    I just fired up an 11-page, all-text case study on my TouchPad as well as on my desktop computer. I really don't see much difference at all.
    Magazines do not look very nice. They look a lot better on my TV and my laptop then they do on my touchpad. The engine just has a problem rendering past a certain level or resolution and does not let you go any further than that.

Most books look fine in PDF unless the text is really small then when I zoom in it looks all pixilated.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12