1.    #1  
    so I noticed my case to is cracked at the speaker like many others Today I just played something with sound and the quality is horrible. Speakers sounded fine before. The Speaker Sounds like my pre did when the speaker blew. Anyone else have this happen with their cracked tp?
    I just noticed my Touchpad speakers sound the same, weird seeing how they were fine this morning. What kernel are you running? I had F15 and I uninstalled it and now it works fine.

edit: looks like its something to do with the 3.0.4 update
    Last edited by darkeru; 10/20/2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Treo 700wx > Treo 800w > Pre- > Pixi > Franken Pre2 >
    TouchPad 32gb
    this sucks, now the touchpad is garbage. Webos has nothing but cost me money lately. 4 pre-, 3 pre 2- now I have to buy another touchpad. Now I'm getting mad
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    HP will cover the cracks under the warranty, and although their warranty speed sucked for me I assume that was an isolated incident. Just call them up and they'll send you a box but first make sure you don't have the classic audio distortion bug. I don't get the OS errors this guy had but a lot of folks report similar audio problems. All my touchpads with or without cracks get this occasionally and only time, soft resets, or pulseaudio restarts fix it.
    Distorted Noise on Touchpad
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
    HP will cover the cracks under the warranty, and although their warranty speed sucked for me I assume that was an isolated incident. Just call them up and they'll send you a box but first make sure you don't have the classic audio distortion bug. I don't get the OS errors this guy had but a lot of folks report similar audio problems. All my touchpads with or without cracks get this occasionally and only time, soft resets, or pulseaudio restarts fix it.
    Distorted Noise on Touchpad
    My gf used touchpadvol app or something and had boost and for some reason made it sound bad, I did a reset and my sound is back, now I'm happy. Lol
    just hopefully it won't crack again once its out of the warranty period(now less the a year). If it does I can see it causing issues with screen separation down the road or worse hardware failure due to the cracks allowing dust, etc to get into the internal components causing permanent damage.