1.    #1  
    I have flown twice with my Touchpads. Both times I was on a 15-hour nonstop flights
    with the cabin totally dark 90% of the time.

Even with the brightness slider all the way to the left(lowest) setting, it's still a little
    too bright for watching movies or reading stuff in a pitch-black cabin. I ended up
    taking off the 3M privacy film from my MacbookAir putting it over my Touchpad.
    (kind of like putting sunglasses on it)

I remember reading somewhere that the Touchpad's default lowest brightness setting
    is actually at 10 out of 100?(with slide all the way to the left) There was something
    about hacking it to choose 1, 2, or 3 out of 100....

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks!
    There Is a patch that allows you to have a lower brightness setting but I don't believe it has been updated to 3.0.4 yet. Another work around is to open a book in the kindle beta app and turn down the screen brightness setting in the app and it will stay even if you close the app or until you adjust the brightness again.
    This is the thread on the 3.0.2 compatible patch(es).

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rightness.html

I would keep an eye on that thread for the updated versions.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by chex_bomb View Post
    This is the thread on the 3.0.2 compatible patch(es).

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rightness.html

I would keep an eye on that thread for the updated versions.
    Thanks! I'll follow that thread.
    You can also use the Kindle App built-in brightness slider... At it's lower level, it goes darker than the standard brightness slider. No patch needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    You can also use the Kindle App built-in brightness slider... At it's lower level, it goes darker than the standard brightness slider. No patch needed.
    That works awesome!

Thank you, and my sleeping wife thanks you. ;-)