1.    #1  
    Today, three days after updating to 3.04, my TouchPad deleted all apps. When I turned it on and discovered this, the error on the device was:

"Some applications have been deleted and are being restored. This may take some time."

When trying to reinstall, the TouchPad either crashes and restarts, or (from in Software Manager), gives me an error stating "This app requires X MB. You must delete some apps or files before you can install it." Note that I have 14 GB free on the /media/internal partition. No apps have successfully restored, and even the HP App Catalog isn't working. Files I've copied to the device, and built-in apps (including the Camera app pushed by 3.04) are working fine, and I still have my favorites, including Favorites installed to the Launcher.

Any idea what happened here, and do I need to run webOS Doctor to fix it?

Thanks in advance.
    If you can't start up the device, you need to doctor. What sort of patches and overclocking were you running?
    I had similar thing happen. I upgraded to 3.0.4 last night.

When I installed a few apps, it randomly rebooted a couple of times as if someone asserted the reset pin on the CPU.

The weird thing is that I had turned it on for the first time and nothing was installed on it. It was virgin. I activated it and then proceeded with the 3.0.4 upgrade immediately. When it was done upgrading, I installed some apps from the App Catalog. That's when the resets occurred. It seems to be stable now, though...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    If you can't start up the device, you need to doctor.
    Device starts fine, and internal apps work as well. Downloads (sometimes) start, then it fails to install, either saying it couldn't install, or restarting the TouchPad. If you pause downloads, though, the internal apps continue to work fine.

What sort of patches and overclocking were you running?
    Preware, Uberkernal, Govnah, Xecutah (sp?), and the Chdroid "android-in-a-card) app (ver. 0.10). Overclocking was not working anymore, thanks to the earlier Chdroid, so it was running stock clock speed even before the webOS 3.04 update.

I'd done no patches updates or changes since several days before the 3.04 update, and I'd had no issues in the three days since.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jblather View Post
    I had similar thing happen. I upgraded to 3.0.4 last night.

When I installed a few apps, it randomly rebooted a couple of times as if someone asserted the reset pin on the CPU.

The weird thing is that I had turned it on for the first time and nothing was installed on it. It was virgin. I activated it and then proceeded with the 3.0.4 upgrade immediately. When it was done upgrading, I installed some apps from the App Catalog. That's when the resets occurred. It seems to be stable now, though...
    I've got mine stable now, too: I've had to reboot twice, rather than let it crash, but, after that, it worked normally, downloading all my apps. No Preware or other patches yet, though.
  6.    #6  
    Well, there's my problem: PEBKAC.

I managed to drag some or all of my .palm folder to a subfolder off the /media/internal folder. Yeah, they don't like it when you do that. Oops?

Going to reinstall Preware and my other apps from there, rather than try to puzzle out what's what between the old and new .palm folders.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I did the same by accident yesterday. I just doctored to clean up any of the leftover junk and started from scratch. Didn't take that long for me to get it back up. All the HP apps install by themselves, and use WebOS Quick install to install homebrew apps, it's faster than doing it on the device itself.