1.    #1  
    Just want to preface this by saying I am a total noob, but a huge WebOS fan.

Now that that's out of the way.......

I was enjoying the update, but when I read a post about benchmark scores, I decided to try Lithium Benchmark HD, which returned a score of 132.

Not the best, but I wasn't worried but I did want to check on updates to see if they were yet available. I opened Preware, which said there was an update for UberKernel and Govnah, among others. But upon inspection, neither is a recent update, so I left things alone.

But now, having not downloaded any updates and only having opened Preware, my browser is now a bit funky, and my spell check which wasn't crazy before, is now a little nuts. I know when you open Preware, a few things seem like they're downloaded and updated during the opening. Did this do something to conflict with the updates? Did the Lithium Benchmark HD app do something? Should I uninstall UK and Govnah and wait for the updates and then do a fresh install? Is there a way to re-install 3.0.4?

Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by SlothSprint View Post
    Just want to preface this by saying I am a total noob, but a huge WebOS fan.

Now that that's out of the way.......

I was enjoying the update, but when I read a post about benchmark scores, I decided to try Lithium Benchmark HD, which returned a score of 132.

Not the best, but I wasn't worried but I did want to check on updates to see if they were yet available. I opened Preware, which said there was an update for UberKernel and Govnah, among others. But upon inspection, neither is a recent update, so I left things alone.

But now, having not downloaded any updates and only having opened Preware, my browser is now a bit funky, and my spell check which wasn't crazy before, is now a little nuts. I know when you open Preware, a few things seem like they're downloaded and updated during the opening. Did this do something to conflict with the updates? Did the Lithium Benchmark HD app do something? Should I uninstall UK and Govnah and wait for the updates and then do a fresh install? Is there a way to re-install 3.0.4?

Thanks in advance.
    Restart fixed the browser ISSue, but the Auto correct is still Totally screwed up.
    Auto correct Is a known issue. Just turn it off for the time being. Check out the sticky at the top of the forum for other possible issues.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    And to answer your first question. No, Preware doesn't automatically install
    anything that could possibly affect any other app on the device. It fetches
    the package list every time, but if you don't actually update or install anything
    new, it will have no effect on any other app.

The auto-correct thing comes and goes completely randomly. Some haven't
    seen it yet, but I suspect eventually everyone will, as it makes it totally
    impossible to even finish typing some words. Best to turn it off for now.

ian