Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    went ahead and added the beta feeds and installed palm default kernel, then uberkernel.
    honestly, no notice in change of performance at 1.5ghz.
    ohh well.
    when I get some time I'll do a doctored 3.0.4. I worry about losing my bookmarks... Hence why I didn't do a clean update
    You don't need beta feeds for UberKernel.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    it was strange, because i tried installing the one on the normal feeds, got an ipkg error (not the root space one) and then after i added the beta feeds... same version if i remember, (77?) and no error.
    anyway i did a lot since then, i doctored over my tp etc.
    so far, virgin 3.0.4, 144 on lithium.
    gonna try uberkernel, logging minimal now and see.
    EDIT: got 110,
    gonna run browsermark now. before i got ~56000
    ROFL browsermark is now ~40000 oh well. device feels normal though.

FINAL EDIT: played around with govnah, changed it to ondemand (instead of the other one) and got back my old scores on browsermark ~54000
    Last edited by mibaksh; 10/22/2011 at 06:06 PM.
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Updated to uberkernel but I get a weird behaviour when in mute mode. The speakers play a weird ringing when the touchpad wants to vibrate.

Anyone else getting this?
    Quote Originally Posted by nomisunrider View Post
    Here is my /boot It is definitely a problem with /

Code:
    df -h /boot
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root                31.0M     21.9M      9.1M  71% /boot
    Some people have /boot full due to android kernel.

Others have problems with /var or /var/file-cache
    In some cases it seems to be /var/file-cache/attachment that is full.

There is one other report I have seem about the root file system being full. So far no feedback about what might have gone wrong (about page 3 in this thread):
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...r-3-0-4-a.html

The quickest fix is probably going to be webOS doctor:
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

If you want to investigate where the space is getting used up, then you might want to run the following commands and compare with mine again:

Code:
    # df -h /
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            559.1M    444.1M    114.9M  79% /
    Code:
    /# du -xsh /
    427.6M  /
    Code:
    # du -xsh /* | grep -v -e media -e boot -e var -e tmp
    8.0K    /Settings
    1.3M    /bin
    208.0K  /dev
    6.0M    /etc
    4.0K    /home
    13.2M   /lib
    16.0K   /lost+found
    444.0K  /md5sums.gz
    4.0K    /mnt
    17.9M   /opt
    0       /proc
    4.5M    /sbin
    0       /sys
    402.2M  /usr
    Please note that in my case I'm using optware and /opt is on another ext3 file system, so I should have excluded /opt from the list too.

Note also, that du and df often don't give the same answer and you shouldn't lose sleep about that.

In any case, the 3.0.4 root filesystem seems to contain about 400MB in /usr and another 30MB elsewhere.
    Last edited by alex80386; 10/22/2011 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    So, I just tried to install uberkernal, and I got "write error: No space left on device" I checked and I have 21GB available.... What gives? I am running 3.0.4 and I have not installed CM on my Touchpad. Why am I getting this error, and how do I fix it?
    So I am not having any luck solving this "no space" issue. I think I am just going to try and doctor it, which I have never done. One quick question: Do I have to do a full erase before I doctor for a problem like this, or can I just doctor it as is?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Preware updated Govnah to 1.2.3, but not Uberkernel. The uberkernel version installed is still 3.0.2-68

What do I need to do to get Preware to update Uberkernel to 3.0.4-68 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    Preware updated Govnah to 1.2.3, but not Uberkernel. The uberkernel version installed is still 3.0.2-68

Uberkernel for v3.04 is currently in beta. If you want to be able to install beta kerenels, you need to enable the testing feeds in Preware first:

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

[EDIT]I turned off the testing feeds in Preware and Uberkernel v3.0.4-68 was still listed under Kernels, so you don't need to enable the testing feeds for Uberkernel, just The Warthog and F4 kernels which are currently only available via the testing feeds.[/EDIT]
    Last edited by Vanwilson; 10/22/2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanwilson View Post
    Uberkernel for v3.04 is currently in beta. If you want to be able to install beta kerenels, you need to enable the testing feeds in Preware first:

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    WebOS Internals on Twitter posted the following on Oct 21:

"UberKernel/TouchPad 3.0.4-68 and Govnah 1.2.3 are released to the Preware stable feeds. Update Feeds and Type To Search to find them."
    How come it's still in beta while they are saying it's stable?
    WebOS Internals on Twitter posted the following on Oct 21:

How come it's still in beta while they are saying it's stable?
    I turned off the testing feeds in Preware and Uberkernel v3.0.4-68 was still listed under Kernels, so you don't need to enable the testing feeds for Uberkernel, just The Warthog and F4 kernels which are currently only available via the testing feeds. You may need to update the feeds in Preware to have it show up (top left corner in Preware).
    cheystar likes this.
    Uberkernel for v3.04 is currently in beta.
    UberKernel 3.0.4-68 is in the stable feeds. No need for alpha or beta.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I turned off the testing feeds in Preware and Uberkernel v3.0.4-68 was still listed under Kernels, so you don't need to enable the testing feeds for Uberkernel, just The Warthog and F4 kernels which are currently only available via the testing feeds. You may need to update the feeds in Preware to have it show up (top left corner in Preware).
    I updated the feeds twice already and did a Luna restart too, but to no avail.

I am intrigued because Govnah updated to 1.2.3, but not Uberkernel.

Remove Ripple Tap also got updated!

What's going on?

You need to be running webOS 3.0.4, and have updated your Preware feeds. Reboot if you still don't see it.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/22/2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaegerlc View Post
    I also got 99 using 1.5 with ondemandtcl, then switched to Performance mode and hit 92.
    Can you explain what this performance mode you did? Where can i find it and how to do it.
    Ok i have update the uberkernall to 3.04 what am i missing when i start Govnah 1.23 under profile all i see is palm default ondemandtcl cpu freq 192 mhz ?

i have hard reboot 3 times no luck ..or palm default is the OC kernal ?

see attach pictures

under 3.02 there use to be a drop down to select overclock. how do i change it what did i miss
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 999faz; 10/22/2011 at 09:43 PM.
    what did i went wrong all i did was install uber and govnah updares from preware ?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 999faz View Post
    what did i went wrong all i did was install uber and govnah updares from preware ?

thanks
    Note the "Palm" next to the Govnah title? That means that you are running the Palm kernel.

Follow the instructions in http://bit.ly/phd-ac for success.

-- Rod
    Thanks so i have to purchase this app ? i thought overclocking is free ? i have no prblem donating just confuse.

3.02 overclock was free ?? so under 3.04 i need to buy an app ?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 999faz View Post
    Thanks so i have to purchase this app ? i thought overclocking is free ? i have no prblem donating just confuse.

3.02 overclock was free ?? so under 3.04 i need to buy an app ?

thanks
    Overclocking is free. The information on how to overclock is free. Thousands of people find and follow that information correctly without issue and have success overclocking.

Those who cannot, get pointed to the Preware Homebrew Documentation application, which has the relevant and correct information presented in a step-by-step fashion, and the cost of the application pays for the time I have already spent answering your question.

-- Rod
    vella_ and phil71 like this.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    It's free, you just need to install the current version of both Govnah and Uberkernel from Preware.

However if you are having trouble and need more extensive documentation, buying the homebrew documentation app will get you info and and thank the people doing the work. They can only spend so much time answering everyone's questions on line, they've got important patches to write.

Edit: also, Rod types faster than me.
    ok i will get ti but still confuse why i can't see the overclock kernal under govnah ?