Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    ok guys I was thinking about something..
    you know how initially we had to use test Feeds to get overclocking kernels?

I had warthog but I know it hasn't been updated yet, but with the new testing feeds and all, how do I go about knowing when warthog is updated because I never added the new testing feeds....

do I go about adding the new testing feeds?

can I just uninstall warthog? Install default kernel and install uberkernel? Thanks in advance...
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    scoobysnax likes this.
    I updated to 3.0.4 yesterday. The stock kernel before OC got 131 using lithium benchmark, and OCed kernel with uberkernel 1.5G got 101. Not bad. I didn't have data for 3.0.2 though.

oh, btw, be sure to set the logging to minimal, it turned out when the system was updated to 3.0.4, the previous configuration and patches about logging were totally lost.
    Last edited by jdcowboy; 10/22/2011 at 04:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dna550 View Post
    OK:

Visit:

UberKernel & Govanh have been UPDATED for 3.04... http://bit.ly/oFJqq1

Make sure you follow the steps on logging!

From what I've read, under certain conditions if a new app is installed, or update is run, the "set logging to minimum" may need to be applied again, because the update may have returned the TP to its default logging state.

If this is true, how can you check to see if your TP is set to logging minimum or not?
    Quote Originally Posted by friedscones View Post
    I'm interested in knowing as well.

All my three Touchpads now get consisten 94 or 95. (webOS Doctor to 3.04,
    logging off, .1.5GHz, uberkernel, temp 27 degrees as reported by Govnah,
    no other patches)

I sure would love to bring the score from 94 down to 90, or less.

94 is low. Mine is at 100 with logging off, 1.5 GHz Uberkernel. I upgraded to 3.0.4 via System Update. How do you update through webOS Doctor? I don't have it installed. Does it make a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by soorad View Post
    when I try and load preware it gets stuck reading saved package list. I deleted uberkernal before I installed 3.0.4. What can I do get past this?
    I had the same error. I simply rebooted the TouchPad and the error went away.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    1.5 GHz Uberkernel... Upgraded to 3.0.4 via System Update... Logging off... all radios off...

Woot woot!
    Mh....i've enabled the alpha and beta feeds and i am also be able to see UberKernel....but in the UberKernel details there is still written, that the last update is from the 24. September.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    From what I've read, under certain conditions if a new app is installed, or update is run, the "set logging to minimum" may need to be applied again, because the update may have returned the TP to its default logging state.

If this is true, how can you check to see if your TP is set to logging minimum or not?
    Here are the steps to turn logging to minimum
    Get into the dialer app then dial
    1.##LOGS# (##5647#)
    2.Hit the green Dial button.
    3.On the subsequent Collect Logs screen, select Change Logging Levels
    4.Hit the Set Logging To Minimal and confirm
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    HP 3.0.2
    govnah v1.2.3
    warthog-42
    cpu 1.72
    OnDemand1728
    wifi on
    battery 60%
    Lithium BenchMark HD Performance Index 89

for me, it looks like there isn't a need to update to 3.0.4 right now
    Finally able to put a pair of those F15C into my TP to do some overclocking!

HP 3.0.4
    F15C kernel - running @1.8ghz
    OnDemandTLC/NOOP/VENO
    Wifi off/battery 100%
    logging set to minimal + few patches
    Lithium Benchmark ---> 85

When i changed to "VENO" in the TCP Congestion, I got a better score than "WESTWOOD". Anyone know which I/O Scheduler setting is best? I currently have it on "NOOP"
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Black TouchPad 32Gb running smooth @1.8Ghz/F15c kernel - White Veer-DigitalUnlock(ed)
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You've run out of space in /boot by installing Android.

-- Rod
    I have not installed android. My /boot partition has plenty of free space. / is what is full.
    Question: I just updated to 3.0.4 and installed Uberkernel 3.0.4.68.

I set Govnah to what looks like the old "OnDemandTcl 1512."

Is this the correct and updated setting? Or am I still behind?

Thanks!
    Just ran Lithium for the first time. Got a mark of 99 using 3.0.4, latest Govnah and uberkernel 1.5 on demand. So can anyone explain what this figure means? And is 99 any good?
    what version of uber-kernel should I be using with latest hp 3.04- build77 OS?

in preware 1.8.3, all I see is uber-kernel v 3.0.4.-68 , is this the correct version that I should use?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Question: I just updated to 3.0.4 and installed Uberkernel 3.0.4.68.

I set Govnah to what looks like the old "OnDemandTcl 1512."

Is this the correct and updated setting? Or am I still behind?

Thanks!
    This is correct and will give you 1.5GHz.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchgixer6 View Post
    Just ran Lithium for the first time. Got a mark of 99 using 3.0.4, latest Govnah and uberkernel 1.5 on demand. So can anyone explain what this figure means? And is 99 any good?
    I have the same configuration, and got 101. Before overclocking, the score was 131. Lower score means higher speed. A score ~100 on 1.5GHz is good, I think, according to all the data posted by others.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.interested View Post
    what version of uber-kernel should I be using with latest hp 3.04- build77 OS?

in preware 1.8.3, all I see is uber-kernel v 3.0.4.-68 , is this the correct version that I should use?
    Yes. And it is the only uberkernel for 3.0.4 right now, as far as I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchgixer6 View Post
    I also got 99 using 1.5 with ondemandtcl, then switched to Performance mode and hit 92.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post
    Here is mine.
    This is mine with just the UberKernel:
    Code:
    # df -h /boot
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root                31.0M     22.3M      8.7M  72% /boot
    I'm wondering what percentage of the people having problems installing a kernel and getting the no space on device message, have installed android.
    Here is my /boot It is definitely a problem with /

Code:
    df -h /boot
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root                31.0M     21.9M      9.1M  71% /boot
    went ahead and added the beta feeds and installed palm default kernel, then uberkernel.
    honestly, no notice in change of performance at 1.5ghz.
    ohh well.
    when I get some time I'll do a doctored 3.0.4. I worry about losing my bookmarks... Hence why I didn't do a clean update
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.