Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheboy View Post
    Enabling them requires removing preware. I don't think it is possible atm to install it.
    Why can't you install preware at the moment?

being updated for the new os version?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post

You can definitely install it with Quick Install, I just did it a few hours ago
    Hi all

first post, just found this forum - thank God. so i updated to 3.0.4 yesterday amd with no over clock got Lithium score of 132. overclocked using Govnah to 1.5, turned off wi-fi now posting 101.

my question, maybe silly, but, when i reboot the touchpad, it defaults back to the regular profile - at 1.2 - how do i get it to boot into the modified profile?

I've followed the guides on this site for all my updates thus far and just want to say thanks to everyone so far. amazing community.

- A
    Tikerz, vella_ and lrn2swim like this.
  4.    #64  
    Looks like the latest update to Govnah (today) removed the 1.7Ghz setting Option.

That was probably meant for the Warthog kernel only.
    its pretty snappy...can't wait for warthog though. UK is pretty good though.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by acherons_deciever View Post
    Hi all

first post, just found this forum - thank God. so i updated to 3.0.4 yesterday amd with no over clock got Lithium score of 132. overclocked using Govnah to 1.5, turned off wi-fi now posting 101.

my question, maybe silly, but, when i reboot the touchpad, it defaults back to the regular profile - at 1.2 - how do i get it to boot into the modified profile?

I've followed the guides on this site for all my updates thus far and just want to say thanks to everyone so far. amazing community.

- A
    go Into advanced settings and click save profile. Should do the trick.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    go Into advanced settings and click save profile. Should do the trick.
    that was way to easy - that's why i missed it thanks
    vella_ likes this.
    I'm getting this error trying to install any kernel, any ideas? "cp:write error no space left on device", I have 2gb left
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by dancom96 View Post
    I'm getting this error trying to install any kernel, any ideas? "cp:write error no space left on device", I have 2gb left
    Geez.

Delete something to make more space.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    just installed uberkernel from beta feed...got a 99 benchmark with WiFi off after re start not plugged in...wow this thing is so fast now
    so iam a noob to the whole overclocking thing,is the new kernal good to download and If so do I have to uninstall preware and do the whole computer thing again or is there a way to do ota just because when I go to update on preware there is nothing there to update,patchs,kernal or anything.any new info would be much appreciated.
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fsx100 View Post
    Geez.

Delete something to make more space.
    A kernel is no where near the 2GB in which he says he has free.
    when will this be available via regular preware?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post

Sorry about that. I read earlier that quick install would not work with 3.0.4. Glad to hear it does.
    just got the govnah and uberkernel updates via preware (final release, not beta)

had to uninstall uber after the update then re-download it but working fine now. (1.5)

great stuff!
    Got govnah first as did not see the new kernel. Installed it and its lightening fast :-)

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    I wouldn't hurt to try and free up some additional space, but your touchpad might be running out of space elsewhere, for example:

/var
    /var/log
    /var/file-cache

Or perhaps another filesystem might be almost full and the installer needs space in one of these filesystems. Check with novaterm and the 'df' command. By the way, if root is about 80% full that is probably normal.

Code:
    # df -h /
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            559.1M    444.1M    114.9M  79% /
    What about the /boot partition?

Code:
    # df -h /boot
    Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/root                31.0M     22.3M      8.7M  72% /boot
    The kernel image together with System.map is a little more than 5MB so perhaps it would be good to have at least that amount free.
    Wait, let me guess... you installed the android thing with another kernel under /boot didn't you?
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    I've been saying that the Touchpad, clocked to 1.5 on 3.0.2, was slower than my single core processor phone running CM7 but with the update and now the clocking to 1.5 my Touchpad runs as quick as any Ipad or Android I've used. I just wish they'd get some apps and not have to dual boot Android. When ICS comes I'll probably end up using only that but I'd rather use WebOS but with the choice of apps from Android. So sad that a great OS is hindered by the lack of third party apps.
    Great forum..thanks to all for everything I've learned so far.

uberkernel 1.5 from preware today + webos doctor installed 3.04 yesterday:

removed logging (not sure if needed after new uberkernel) and turned off wifi and rebooted:
    2nd run following Lithium instructions:

no patches available in preware yet as far as I know
    Last edited by tekagnostic; 10/21/2011 at 07:47 AM. Reason: forgot to mention 1.5 and add 2nd run
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast