Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    I just ran a benchmark , getting 100 with 3.0.2 and warthog set to 1.72ghz.
    Cant find Govnah but did install F4 Phantom so where can I find govnah? do I need to add beta feeds? is it done the same way as adding alpha feeds?

Thanks so much!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Ok got Govnah installed it with F4 Phantom.

Benchmarking with WiFi off plugged in 1.836Ghz I'm getting 99. Cant wait till uberkernel is released I want to see what it does.
    I've installed both Uberkernel and F4 Phantom from the beta feeds... and after I installed both (seperately of course) and rebooted I don't see the profile in Govnah. All I have is the Palm Default and in advanced settings it only goes up to 1.188GHz max freq.

Any ideas? I've uninstalled Preware, Govnah, the kernels multiple times...
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Can someone explain how to add the beta kernal feeds in preware? I am in the US, and want to get my hand on UC.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos16r View Post
    Can someone explain how to add the beta kernal feeds in preware? I am in the US, and want to get my hand on UC.
    Read here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Touchpaddle View Post
    what score do you get with stock 3.04 at the default 1.2GHz?

Thanks!
    After restart, I got 119 with 3.04 default/stock 1.2GHz, logging set minimal, and 120 wifi on.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I just ran benchmark without restarting, without turning wifi off and without being plugged in and I got a 117 with 3.0.4 running at stock speed. I updated to 3.0.4 the other day without touching any patches, govnah and uberkernal. When I updated to 3.0.4, I was set at 1.5ghz and had no issues afterwards. Is that good?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmbones View Post
    I just ran benchmark without restarting, without turning wifi off and without being plugged in and I got a 117 with 3.0.4 running at stock speed. I updated to 3.0.4 the other day without touching any patches, govnah and uberkernal. When I updated to 3.0.4, I was set at 1.5ghz and had no issues afterwards. Is that good?
    Lower numbers on bench mark = better score/performance.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjdavila View Post
    Enabling them requires removing preware. I don't think it is possible atm to install it.
    85 with 1.8ghz on both cores, 3.0.4, wifi on, not charging, no restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by John21 View Post
    85 with 1.8ghz on both cores, 3.0.4, wifi on, not charging, no restart.
    Got 20 ! That was stuck in Houston traffic, my car, in miles per hour. One V8 core engine, overheating.

Could not resist, sorry.
    John21 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    I would love to see a 1.7 uberkernel without having to set up beta links.
    You literally just have to copy and paste two lines of text into the command line via WebOS Quick Install. It takes less than a minute.

Edit: Instructions are here http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asheboy View Post
    Enabling them requires removing preware. I don't think it is possible atm to install it.
    That is correct. Have to uninstall Preware via Quick Install, do a couple manual steps from
    the linux command line and then reinstall, to get the beta feeds. It's purposely not
    made too easy. One of the requirements of being allowed to use beta feeds is that
    the exact instructions not be posted anywhere but Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

If someone feels those instructions are insufficient or confusing, then they can edit the
    wiki to clarify them.

For whatever it's worth, I installed newest F4 Phantom beta kernel without updating
    to Govnah 1.2.1 beta and it is working fine. I did have to create a new ondemandtcl
    profile to get full speed as there was no pre-defined profile to do it.

ian
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    That is correct. Have to uninstall Preware via Quick Install, do a couple manual steps from
    the linux command line and then reinstall, to get the beta feeds. It's purposely not
    made too easy. One of the requirements of being allowed to use beta feeds is that
    the exact instructions not be posted anywhere but Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

If someone feels those instructions are insufficient or confusing, then they can edit the
    wiki to clarify them.

For whatever it's worth, I installed newest F4 Phantom beta kernel without updating
    to Govnah 1.2.1 beta and it is working fine. I did have to create a new ondemandtcl
    profile to get full speed as there was no pre-defined profile to do it.

ian
    I just tired the F4 Kernel, does it always go through that bootup screen every time you reboot it? looks like its installing the kernel? Warthog didn't do that, haven't tried uberkernel yet either.

Also, I've had the beta feeds installed and I only see 4 kernels avai for my touchpad. Uber is v3.0.2-68.. the question is, can you not see other kernels for the 3.0.4 update since I don't have it installed yet? I'm still on 3.0.2
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    I just tired the F4 Kernel, does it always go through that bootup screen every time you reboot it? looks like its installing the kernel? Warthog didn't do that, haven't tried uberkernel yet either.

Also, I've had the beta feeds installed and I only see 4 kernels avai for my touchpad. Uber is v3.0.2-68.. the question is, can you not see other kernels for the 3.0.4 update since I don't have it installed yet? I'm still on 3.0.2
    1) F4 and F15C show text instead of the HP logo during start-up.

2) Yes, that's right. You'll see the new kernels when you install 3.0.4.
    Quote Originally Posted by WesleyTP View Post
    1) F4 and F15C show text instead of the HP logo during start-up.

2) Yes, that's right. You'll see the new kernels when you install 3.0.4.
    Great! thanks for that info.

Now the question is.

To install 3.0.4
    or not to install 3.0.4

Lets see, 3.0.4 is now able to be OC'd. But apparently there is accelerometer issues and other issues I've been seeing with the 3.0.4

oh decisions decisions.
    Quote Originally Posted by konrads View Post
    Got 20 ! That was stuck in Houston traffic, my car, in miles per hour. One V8 core engine, overheating.

Could not resist, sorry.
    Traffic in my area is extremely bad. I frequently come to a completely halt on the interstate
    and just sit... the only consolation is that I was following a $300,000 Maybach today and
    it had to sit in traffic at 0mph just like my crappy old car.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    How do i access the Linux command lines? Sorry for dumb question, we all have to start somewhere
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    After restart, I got 119 with 3.04 default/stock 1.2GHz, logging set minimal, and 120 wifi on.
    I finally finished testing all three of my Touchpads. All have virgin 3.04 installed from
    webOS Doctor. Zero patches. (only change is setting logging to minimal)

I ran the bench mark several times on each Touchpad. The lowest number was 117
    and the highest was 120. (all ran with airplane mode turned on)
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    How do i access the Linux command lines? Sorry for dumb question, we all have to start somewhere
    It's one of the dropdown menus in WebOS Quick Install
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast