Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 999faz View Post
    alex80386 - still no luck tried doctor now i canload the new kernal

thanks
    I'm not quite sure what this means. Did you doctor your touchpad and can load a new kernel but still some problems, or all o.k. now? Let us know if you are still having problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ajguns View Post
    Ok- I have updated to 3.0.4
    How do I speed up my TP to 1.5 or 1.7-
    Instruction as if for dummies please!

Thanks,
    http://bit.ly/phd-ac

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    LinuxKoss likes this.

Thanks,
    Start here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ted-guide.html

To install patches and a 1.5 GHz kernel you need an installer on the Touchpad (Preware is the installer) and for dummies, the best way to install that installer, is to put webOS quick install on your pc and install Preware using webOS quick install.

Step 1. Install webOS quick install on the pc.

Step 2. TB in developer mode and install Preware.

More info on preware installation here:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Step 3. Now you can download and install Uberkernel (1.5 GHz) and Govnah (needed to set the kernel profile to 1.5GHz).

Step 4. Download other patches that can help speed up your TB (some mentioned in that first link).

Most of the links you need can be found from that first post in the getting started link above, so read those first.

Edit: Didn't see Rod had replied... but yet, get that Preware Homebrew Documentation too.
    anyone have any ideas why no profiles show up in Govnah ?? tried uninstalling/reinstalling... restarting... uninstalling the kernals (UberKernal/F4 Phantom)... everything... reinstalling... no workie now.. doesnt even show the Palm Default one...

on one TP, 3.0.4 + Govnah + UberKernel worked perfectly at 1.5GHz.. then i got jumpy and wanted to try the beta ones and installed beta test feed.. uninstalled UK and installed F4 Phantom... restarted... now nothing shows up in profile

on another TP, not sure what the owner has done... 3.0.4... i installed Govnah and UK... no profiles showed up...

any ideas how to restore that??
    Quote Originally Posted by alex80386 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what this means. Did you doctor your touchpad and can load a new kernel but still some problems, or all o.k. now? Let us know if you are still having problems.
    alex - thanks i had to doctor the touchpad now everything is running smooth, OC working and no broken links or error.

thanks for everyone help
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    alex - thanks i had to doctor the touchpad now everything is running smooth, OC working and no broken links or error.

thanks for everyone help
    i'm new to web doc...to doctor the touchpad mean it will remove the old webos and install a fresh copy? the fresh copy will be the same as the factory default? or what does webdoctor do? thx

Thanks,
    OK hear is a great guide on overclocking to 1.5:
    TouchPadPlus.com -- The Leading Step By step Instruction to Jailbreak, Boost Up and Overclock TouchPad
    One thing, this is a little bit old, so on step 6 where it tells you to add patches, they may not all be available at the moment (due to the upgrade) no big deal just add what shows up. You don't NEED any of them really.

As for Overclocking beyond 1.5, this is all that I can tell you (and all that you will need):
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiasu View Post
    i'm new to web doc...to doctor the touchpad mean it will remove the old webos and install a fresh copy? the fresh copy will be the same as the factory default? or what does webdoctor do? thx
    all it does it puts the touchpad back into factory state with no errors.

Then you can start mod - patch - tweak.

I had 3.02 with patch - mod -OC and i believe in between upgrade and new Kernel something went wrong.

Started fresh all is good.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I had 3.02 with patch - mod -OC and i believe in between upgrade and new Kernel something went wrong.

ok...thx for the info..i will try it..
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

thankx again..my TP is back to business now...

it's / (root) which is filled up and i removed my rmvb video, then i reinstall uberkernel and now everything looks cool again...thankx again..
    My benchmark for f4 phantom 1.8 dual core 3.0.4 was 79! omg haha and disabled logging and eom overload monitoring
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Uberkernel OC'd to 1.5 on 3.0.4
    CPU Frequency: Ondemand
    I/O Scheduler: Noop
    TCP Congestion :Reno

Lithium Bench = 91

Changing to Noop and Reno made a HUGE difference.
    jwbekens likes this.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Uberkernel OC'd to 1.5 on 3.0.4
    CPU Frequency: Ondemand
    I/O Scheduler: Noop
    TCP Congestion :Reno

Got 92 with your settings. Thanks.
    illlojik likes this.
    got 91 thanks! Any battery issues?
    were are you checking the score ? I want to check my score
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I'm new to webOS...just curious why most seem to use uberkernel? How is it better than Warthog or F4?
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    I'm new to webOS...just curious why most seem to use uberkernel? How is it better than Warthog or F4?
    UberKernel is the stable, well-tested, wont ever eat your data, option.

If you intend to be an alpha or beta tester for one of the other experimental kernels, you should be very aware of the rules and obligations at testing.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    LinuxKoss likes this.
    hello guys.

i updated to new webos version on my touchpad. but i have had problems with uberkernel. it wont let me update uberkernel. gives me error message. i even tried deleting uber, restarting, and redownloading. still get error message.

any advice?
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Well, more information on exactly what you did and the wording of the error message might be a good start.

When I updated mine, I uninstalled UC, rebooted, reloaded it, rebooted. I had already updated Govnah. How does that fit with what you did?

Alan
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Well, more information on exactly what you did and the wording of the error message might be a good start.

When I updated mine, I uninstalled UC, rebooted, reloaded it, rebooted. I had already updated Govnah. How does that fit with what you did?

Alan
    thanks for the reply

well i first updatedwebos. then i went into preware and hit update all for preware govnah and uber. preware and govnah updated fine. uber didnt. gave error message. i then deleted uber. restsrted and attempted to download uber again. no go. if u need the exact error message i can get that for u when i get home.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast