Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your other option, of course, is to use the webOS Doctor and start from a clean slate, as it is clear that your device is in a state which is not normal.

-- Rod
    yes trying to figure out which option to use web doctor 3.04 from toichpad directly or pc

thanks
    Hi All,

I am newbie to touchpad, and I want to overclocking my touchpad. Could you please show me step by step how to overclocking the touchpad. My touchpad had 3.04 version.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy_do View Post
    Hi All,

I am newbie to touchpad, and I want to overclocking my touchpad. Could you please show me step by step how to overclocking the touchpad. My touchpad had 3.04 version.

Thanks
    http://bit.ly/phd-ac

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    rod keep up the great work!
    since I did over 3.0.4, with uberkernel the touchpad works super!
    now if only I can shave some weight off this puppy
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by 999faz View Post
    Thanks for oyur suggestion but i am not that tune to perform all that i think i have no choice but to stick with palm default kernal.

As all the stuff on post #165 is over whelming for me..
    You need to be prepared to run a few commands, because the advice given will depend on the output of those commands.

Since we are seeing messages like: Error Installing /lib/modules/2.6.35...

Then it's failing when installing the kernel modules and it's possible that your root filesystem is full or almost full. If that is the problem, it will almost certainly cause you more problems later, so you can't really ignore it.

If you were willing to run some commands, then the next two commands to run would be like I suggested in this thread...

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...3-0-4-a-3.html

These two commands should tell us something.

Code:
    df -h /
    Code:
    du -xsh /
    Here is the result on mine.

Code:
    # df -h /
    Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/mapper/store-root
                            559.1M    444.1M    114.9M  79% /
    So the / (root) filesystem is about 80% full (which is o.k.)
    If your one is closer to 100% that's a problem and we need to run the next command.

Next command (and result on mine).

Code:
    # du -xsh /
    427.7M  /
    You will note that in mine, the difference between those two results is 444.1MB - 427.7MB = 16.4MB which is about 3% of the total filesystem size. I'm not an expert, but I think that might be a reasonable amount of space for filesystem metadata. Metadata is information about the structure of the filesystem itself and that metadata is not stored in a file (so not seen by the 'du' command).

Now if your 'df' is suggesting your 559.1MB filesystem is near 100% full and 'du' is telling you that there is only about 430MB of files, then where did the extra 130MB come from?

Perhaps there might be something cached (but not held in a file), but a reboot should fix that. If the problem continues after a reboot, then I'm guessing your filesystem metadata got screwed up somehow (no, I don't know how), in which case you need to doctor.
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

If on the other hand, you tell me that both of the two commands report more than 500MB used (out of about 560MB total), then we might be able to find the cause... but I still think you might end up having to doctor.
    alex80386 - still no luck tried doctor now i canload the new kernal

thanks
    Last edited by 999faz; 10/23/2011 at 12:10 PM.
    I have included a screencap from my TouchPad to show what I'm talking about below...

I just updated WebOS, and now when I run PreWare to install an updated kernal to overclock I get the following error message. I can click ok and it will finish loading, but it doesn't load everything, and none of the kernals are included in search anymore. What do I need to do to fix this issue? Thanks a lot guys!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RockySC View Post
    I have included a screencap from my TouchPad to show what I'm talking about below...

I just updated WebOS, and now when I run PreWare to install an updated kernal to overclock I get the following error message. I can click ok and it will finish loading, but it doesn't load everything, and none of the kernals are included in search anymore. What do I need to do to fix this issue? Thanks a lot guys!
    i encountered the same problem and solved it, check it out:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3219437
    OLD SCORE:
    HP 3.0.2
    Govnah v1.2.3
    F15C Eagle
    cpu 1.72
    OnDemandTcl 1728
    wifi off
    battery 100%
    Lithium BenchMark HD Performance Index 110

NEW SCORE:
    HP 3.0.4
    Govnah v1.2.3
    F15C Eagle
    cpu 1.72
    OnDemandTcl 1728
    wifi off
    battery 100%
    Lithium BenchMark HD Performance Index 81

Uberkernal still felt sluggish i must just be used to f15c

Just waiting for the faster card animation patch and I'll be set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stamponephoto View Post
    So, I just tried to install uberkernal, and I got "write error: No space left on device" I checked and I have 21GB available.... What gives? I am running 3.0.4 and I have not installed CM on my Touchpad. Why am I getting this error, and how do I fix it?
    After a romp through directories in another thread that yielded nothing useful

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...r-3-0-4-a.html

I decided to man up and take a trip to the doctor (not as scary as I thought, just time consuming) I am feeling much better now. Everything seems to be in order, uberkernal is running on 3.0.4 and I am getting a lithium benchmark of 97. Overall I am a happy camper. Thanks for everyone's help! WebOS really does have an awesome community
    Quote Originally Posted by jdcowboy View Post
    i encountered the same problem and solved it, check it out:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...ml#post3219437
    Thanks for the help. I just followed the link in your other post, and I need help on a few things. First, this is the instructions you used, correct?

Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

If so, I don't understand step 2 that says:

2. Gain access to the Linux command line on your device and run the following two commands.

I am not clear on how to even do that. Can you help me out? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RockySC View Post
    If so, I don't understand step 2 that says:

2. Gain access to the Linux command line on your device and run the following two commands.

I am not clear on how to even do that. Can you help me out? Thanks!
    1. Download / install WebOS Quick install
    2. Launch WebOS Quick install
    3. On the toolbar it says File, Tools, Help, Click "Tools"
    4. Linux Commandline
    5. Follow directions from guide. If you still need help pm me.
    RockySC and langong like this.
    I think its downplayed how easy it is to webos doctor and easily recoverable the data is.
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by gush01 View Post
    1. Download / install WebOS Quick install
    2. Launch WebOS Quick install
    3. On the toolbar it says File, Tools, Help, Click "Tools"
    4. Linux Commandline
    5. Follow directions from guide. If you still need help pm me.
    Thanks gush, I got it!
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    I think its downplayed how easy it is to webos doctor and easily recoverable the data is.
    It really should be a requirement for using homebrew that you have doctored your phone at least once.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is their a video that shows the F15C with the new update?
    Vote for QuickOffice for Palm Pre!
    http://quickoffice.ideascale.com/a/dtd/21866-5219
    Is it repeatable every time you launch that app. Does it happen immediately after you have rebooted the device? Does it stop happening if you uninstall UberKernel. Does it start happening again if you reinstall UberKernel?

Thanks for posting your findings. In future, it will be even better if you can do some basic diagnostic investigation and put that in your first post too ...

-- Rod
    dear rRod, Yes is the answer for all question, my feeing is that te dpeed is higher thsn the apps can handle, so that the apps need time to response
    Quote Originally Posted by gush01 View Post
    OLD SCORE:
    HP 3.0.2
    Govnah v1.2.3
    F15C Eagle
    cpu 1.72
    OnDemandTcl 1728
    wifi off
    battery 100%
    Lithium BenchMark HD Performance Index 110

NEW SCORE:
    HP 3.0.4
    Govnah v1.2.3
    F15C Eagle
    cpu 1.72
    OnDemandTcl 1728
    wifi off
    battery 100%
    Lithium BenchMark HD Performance Index 81

Uberkernal still felt sluggish i must just be used to f15c

Just waiting for the faster card animation patch and I'll be set.

Where did you find F15C at list in beta kernels the only 1.8gz that appear is F4 Phantom
    Thanks
    Ok- I have updated to 3.0.4
    How do I speed up my TP to 1.5 or 1.7-
    Instruction as if for dummies please!

Thanks,
    ajguns
    LONG WILL LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion747 View Post
    Where did you find F15C at list in beta kernels the only 1.8gz that appear is F4 Phantom
    Thanks
    It's in the alpha feeds, not beta yet.
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast