Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
    followed all instructions and uberkernel is not showing up for me also.
    Quote Originally Posted by 999faz View Post
    what did i went wrong all i did was install uber and govnah updares from preware ?

thanks
    Weird, I'm running v3.04 and Govanah is showing a 1.5 profile for me, even though I only have the default Palm kernel installed since I'm waiting for the Warthog 1.7 GHz kernel to be updated for v3.04.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguy88 View Post
    followed all instructions and uberkernel is not showing up for me also.
    thankyou followed instruction and still not showing up the over clock kernal under 1.2.3

so i am not alone thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tnguy88 View Post
    followed all instructions
    All the correct instructions, or all of the hundreds of incorrect or incomplete instructions in various forum posts and blog articles?

Seriously, "all the instructions" has no meaning.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thankyou followed instruction and still not showing up the over clock kernal under 1.2.3

so i am not alone thanks
    Followed *which* instructions precisely?

Indeed, you are not alone in not specifying exactly which instructions you are following ...

PS. the time period between your two posts is not long enough to have followed the correct instructions (which always include a reboot of the device).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    thanks

I started preware update feeds there was govnah and uberkernal update avaialble

i selected and install both update restart my touchpad. then went into Govnah but did not see the overclock option.

thanks
    thanks

I started preware update feeds there was govnah and uberkernal update avaialble

i selected and install both update restart my touchpad. then went into Govnah but did not see the overclock option.

thanks
    Post the IPKG Log from each of the Govnah and UberKernel installations. Uninstall and reinstall them if needed to get the log.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Post the IPKG Log from each of the Govnah and UberKernel installations. Uninstall and reinstall them if needed to get the log.

-- Rod
    yes some error here the logs.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanwilson View Post
    Weird, I'm running v3.04 and Govanah is showing a 1.5 profile for me, even though I only have the default Palm kernel installed since I'm waiting for the Warthog 1.7 GHz kernel to be updated for v3.04.
    That is a user-defined profile that you have created previously. Govnah will display those regardless of which kernel is installed. Govnah assumes you know why you created a user-defined profile, and for which kernel you created it.

-- Rod
    yes some error here the logs.
    And you didn't think errors were important enough to mention in your first post on the subject? Are you intentionally trying to make it hard for people to assist you?

Your /boot filesystem is full. Probably due to installing Android. Search for other threads about this problem for solutions.

-- Rod
    That is a user-defined profile that you have created previously. Govnah will display those regardless of which kernel is installed. Govnah assumes you know why you created a user-defined profile, and for which kernel you created it.

-- Rod
    Thanks, I installed v3.04 directly from the webOS doctor and then reinstalled all the apps I wanted to keep manually. I guess doctoring the TP will not wipe a previous installation from the device? That's the only way the 1.5 GHz profile could have been created since I have yet to install any kernels after installing v3.04 from the webOS doctor.
    And you didn't think errors were important enough to mention in your first post on the subject? Are you intentionally trying to make it hard for people to assist you?

Your /boot filesystem is full. Probably due to installing Android. Search for other threads about this problem for solutions.

-- Rod
    Thanks never had android install or anything did notice some logs but thought that was normal.

ok so what do i do now i had 3.02 all i did what update 3.04 then update preware and install the new update with Govnah and uberkernal

never had anything else installed..

still getting same error after installing govnah and uberkernal. i have not installed anything sorry if you misunderstood me..
    Thanks, I installed v3.04 directly from the webOS doctor and then reinstalled all the apps I wanted to keep manually. I guess doctoring the TP will not wipe a previous installation from the device? That's the only way the 1.5 GHz profile could have been created since I have yet to install any kernels after installing v3.04 from the webOS doctor.
    The Govnah profiles are stored in your Palm Profile. When you logged into your Palm Profile again, they were restored.

-- Rod
    The Govnah profiles are stored in your Palm Profile. When you logged into your Palm Profile again, they were restored.

-- Rod
    Thanks, good to know. I thought only App store apps and personal settings were backed up.
    Dear Rod,

Want to report a error when using uberkernel, ealie to day, I sm running ondemand 15 and my tp freeze after launching auudiophilehd, I am not sure ehat can I send you to investigate the problem?
    Thanks never had android install or anything did notice some logs but thought that was normal.

ok so what do i do now i had 3.02 all i did what update 3.04 then update preware and install the new update with Govnah and uberkernal

never had anything else installed..

still getting same error after installing govnah and uberkernal. i have not installed anything sorry if you misunderstood me..
    Here's a tip - when posting in a thread, read both the first post and the last three pages of posts. You'll usually no longer need to post after doing that. Hint: #165

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by locbuondoi View Post
    Dear Rod,

Want to report a error when using uberkernel, ealie to day, I sm running ondemand 15 and my tp freeze after launching auudiophilehd, I am not sure ehat can I send you to investigate the problem?
    Is it repeatable every time you launch that app. Does it happen immediately after you have rebooted the device? Does it stop happening if you uninstall UberKernel. Does it start happening again if you reinstall UberKernel?

Thanks for posting your findings. In future, it will be even better if you can do some basic diagnostic investigation and put that in your first post too ...

-- Rod
    Thanks, good to know. I thought only App store apps and personal settings were backed up.
    It seems that application cookies are restored too, and that is where Govnah stores the profiles.

-- Rod
    Here's a tip - when posting in a thread, read both the first post and the last three pages of posts. You'll usually no longer need to post after doing that. Hint: #165

-- Rod
    Thanks for oyur suggestion but i am not that tune to perform all that i think i have no choice but to stick with palm default kernal.

As all the stuff on post #165 is over whelming for me..

Thankyou for all your help i don't know what happen all i had was 3.02 with OC then we had a HP update and i did not do anything else when i saw the update in preware i went ahead and update the govnah and uber now i came across this proble.

Thanks again will 100% support all you effort but for me i guess this is were the line stops. as i really do not want to do all that scripts

thanks
    Thanks for oyur suggestion but i am not that tune to perform all that i think i have no choice but to stick with palm default kernal.

As all the stuff on post #165 is over whelming for me..

Thankyou for all your help i don't know what happen all i had was 3.02 with OC then we had a HP update and i did not do anything else when i saw the update in preware i went ahead and update the govnah and uber now i came across this proble.

Thanks again will 100% support all you effort but for me i guess this is were the line stops. as i really do not want to do all that scripts

thanks
    Your other option, of course, is to use the webOS Doctor and start from a clean slate, as it is clear that your device is in a state which is not normal.

-- Rod