Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone noticed a decrease in battery life after the new update? Everything works well for me, better browser, smoother scrolling, overall more fast. However, the battery life seems like its been going down faster...am I just crazy? Lol
    Has anyone noticed a reduction in battery life since updating to 3.04?
    Personally I think the battery on my touchpad drops a lot quicker than before the update. If anything, I would have expected battery life to increase due to the touchpad not being overclocked.

Have any of you noticed a difference? Perhaps I may just have to do a charge cycle and run the doctor.
    I've noticed the same thing. I have to charge after 3-4 hrs of heavy use, whereas on 3.0.2 I charged maybe after 5-6 hours on uber @ 1.5
    Mine seems to drain faster as well. I'm letting it wear down until it wont turn on in the hopes that it recalibrates the battery/readings.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    same here..
    HP Touchpad 32GB , Treo 650, Treo 600
    webOS 3.0.4
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    also noticed that dr. Battery does not match up with the touchpad's battery life either. It has been showing about 5% off, even after sitting on the touchstone overnight. Touchpad reports 100% but dr. Battery only shows 95%.

I am hoping to let it run completely down and hopefully recalibrate itself too.
    MidnightRob likes this.
    I wonder, since HP laid off the hardware group, there is no one left to check the power consumption on the latest software releases? Power consumption usually falls to a hardware team to keep an eye on.
    I too was running the Uberkernel and noticed shorter battery life after the 3.0.4 update. I suspect that the Uberkernel was doing a better job of energy conservation.
    same here. Poor battery life now :-(

Dr. Battery will never show 100% I don't think batteries are ever charged to exactly 100% if I remember right
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post

Dr. Battery will never show 100% I don't think batteries are ever charged to exactly 100% if I remember right
    Tp battery sucks anyway.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post

I was referring to the actual and not battery health screen in dr. Battery. Health shows the same value as before (6342/6612 mAh), but actual used to match the TP.

just doing some checks
    6pm 88%
    7pm 76%

constant use browsing, couple you tube vids, screen at minimum, bluetooth on and tethered.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    yes i was wondering the same thing. i would take it to work with me and not even use it and i would get home and it would still be fully charged but now i'll get home and it is at 77%, what's up with that?
    Yep my battery usage has gone for the worse after 3.04 OTA update. I let the device discharge all the way to where the screen displayed the "need to charge" logo. Then after plugging in charger I had to wait over five minutes before the device turned on.

With 3.02, after discharging all the way, I could use the TouchPad just a few moments after plugging in the charger.

Any specific diagnostics we could forward to HP WebOS engineers to solve this? That is before they are layed off?
    I think the calibration is off. I'm at 0 percent, streaming pandora and still surfing and posting. It should have shut down by now. I got the warning at 4 or 7% or something like that.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I registered just because of this comment. YES, I noticed the same thing! Also, govnah, only shows up to 1.18 or something like that so no over-clocking any more too, or maybe I missed something? The uberkernel says not available in 3.0.4, that its a place holder so not sure if that needs to be updated to gain overclocking again.

Also anyone else noticed, Adobe Reader keeps coming back, even though I removed it both by the X on the icon, and via Preware. Comes back after each boot. Looking in the system files I see the com file for it, but its a read only system, so won't let me rename or move it either, so not sure if I have to do some linux ** to change it from RO file system to get rid of Acrobat. I'm not that versed in linux to begin with, but would like to have the option to remove pre-installed crap I will never use on it, such as Acrobat Reader.
    No difference with the battery life after the update for me. I can only speak for the one that I am using but the battery life on the Touchpad is phenomenal.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    if you can run a TouchPad down in one sitting you need to get a life or a job or both
    I like to use my TP's to stream music for background ambiance. The shorter battery life under 3.04 is a step back.

I'm going to experiment with different kernels and govnah settings in attempt for best battery life (for my usage patterns).
    <threads merged>

and my battery life seems just as good after the 3.0.4 update, FWIW.
    I notice no change. I take my TouchPad with me to work every day, and it lasts 10-12 hours, just like it always did @ 1.728 GHz.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Hmm .. I actually think battery life is better on mine. Before I went to sleep last night, I removed it from the plug so its at 100%. When I woke up (7 hours of sleep), it was still at 100%. I used it a little bit (like 5 mins) it went down to 97%. I think the battery levels didn't update right away that is why 3% was so fast.

I've been using it since this morning since 7am (right now its 9:30pm) with light browsing and its now at 72%. I remember before (3.0.2 UK 1.5Ghz) by this time, it should be around 50%.

I'll just give an update since its still too early to tell if I have better battery life.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast