Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree4Likes
    so I reinstalled all the old patches from 3.0.2 and I'm uberkernel and since my last post I didn't charge. I hardly used it though but I'm on 66% woohoo!
    but as I said hardly using it.
    wifi on all the time.
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Update from last post, another 12hrs in standby and another 1% lost, its now at 87%.

So it seems to be losing about 2% in 24hrs time in standby. Good or bad, I have no idea?
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrewulf... View Post
    Update from last post, another 12hrs in standby and another 1% lost, its now at 87%.

So it seems to be losing about 2% in 24hrs time in standby. Good or bad, I have no idea?
    Very good mate! Excellent actually. That was my case with 3.0.2, but with 3.0.4, it's 4% per 8 hours on standby with wifi off.
    I was gonna edit my post. So overnight I left it on 64%.. I used it a little before bed.. 9 hours later down 1%.
    then again I'm not using her as much as I was when I did the update, so this is relative.
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have same problem, I thought this is due to my touchpad stay on all night in sleeping mode causing overnight backup or something else causing batter drain. NOW I CAUGHT WHO IS THE THIEVE STEALING MY BATTERY. LOL. We wish HPcome with some easy solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by atulmodi View Post
    I have same problem, I thought this is due to my touchpad stay on all night in sleeping mode causing overnight backup or something else causing batter drain. NOW I CAUGHT WHO IS THE THIEVE STEALING MY BATTERY. LOL. We wish HPcome with some easy solution.
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchpotatoslacker View Post
    Huh?

Indeed, a little bit confusing. I think, he wanted to say he has now recognized that the 3.0.4 update is responsible for the perceived battery drop.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    With 3.0.4, I fully drained the battery until the TP shut down and then charged it fully.

It was at 100% at 1:00 P.M. and now it's 6:00 P.M. and the battery is still at 100%. (in standby).

I guess this fixed the standby drain the TP was suffering from after 3.0.4!
    I lose about 2% with display off and airplane mode over 10 hours. About 6% with display off. And with display on, about 90% lol.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I haven't noticed a huge difference between 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 in terms of battery life, both standby and normal usage. I used to always get a little more than 1% per hour drain in standby with screen off and wifi on, which ends up around 10% overnight for an 8hr period.

After seeing how some of you only lose 2-3% overnight, I guessed there must be something running in the background causing my TP to be a "restless" sleeper, leading to higher standby battery drain.

With the new 3.0.4 update, we can now explicitly log out of certain messaging providers. Traditionally on mobile devices, I've heard that AIM can be a battery hog. Sure enough, I logged out of AIM and Google (but stayed logged into Skype) in the messenger app (thanks to the new 3.0.4 custom availability settings!), and now overnight, in standby with wifi on, the TP has only lost 3%!

So, if you are experiencing high battery drain in sleep mode, try logging out of your messaging clients, in particular AIM (and possibly Google).
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sprog View Post
    I haven't noticed a huge difference between 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 in terms of battery life, both standby and normal usage. I used to always get a little more than 1% per hour drain in standby with screen off and wifi on, which ends up around 10% overnight for an 8hr period.

After seeing how some of you only lose 2-3% overnight, I guessed there must be something running in the background causing my TP to be a "restless" sleeper, leading to higher standby battery drain.

With the new 3.0.4 update, we can now explicitly log out of certain messaging providers. Traditionally on mobile devices, I've heard that AIM can be a battery hog. Sure enough, I logged out of AIM and Google (but stayed logged into Skype) in the messenger app (thanks to the new 3.0.4 custom availability settings!), and now overnight, in standby with wifi on, the TP has only lost 3%!

So, if you are experiencing high battery drain in sleep mode, try logging out of your messaging clients, in particular AIM (and possibly Google).
    I will have to try that... I have 2 16GB TPs one with the better battery and white screen (which loses about 1% per 24-48 hours in sleep mode with wifi on) and the other which has the lesser batt and yellowish screen which loses about 1-2% per hour in sleep (wifi on or off doesn't seem to hurt).

I don't even think I have messaging apps logged in at all but it's worth looking at I suppose...

The weird thing is this seems to be the case regardless after a complete wipe so technically both TPs are setup exactyl the same while behaving this way.

EDIT Checked and indeed neither of my TPs is logged into any messaging apps.

I have to think there is some significantly different hardware in these things... for one to be able to use almost no power for days on end while another uses a noteable amount...
    Last edited by Devedander; 10/30/2011 at 05:45 PM.
    Immediately after the update, I did noticed a battery life drop, but after draining the Touchpad until it shutted down (was watching movie for it for about an hour even when it reported 0%?), and recharging it overnight, I see no difference fro 3.0.2 and 3.0.4. I think it is just a calibration thing. I am seeing the same battery life for both versions now.
    I am getting an amazing run at the moment. I've been off charger since 4:30pm, it's 7:15, so almost 3 hrs, and I'm down to 84%. I've been using it pretty much continuously.

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  14. m76
    Pretty much immediately noticed two huge problems with 3.0.4 update: The faster battery drain and the horribly decreased sensitivity to Touchstone charging.

I plan to drain the battery as others have reported and hope for a recalibration.
    I'm not sure about the Touchstone problem.

But if nothing works, I'm planning to roll back to 3.0.2
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I am getting an amazing run at the moment. I've been off charger since 4:30pm, it's 7:15, so almost 3 hrs, and I'm down to 84%. I've been using it pretty much continuously.

are you using a battery app or the internal menu battery meter?

I found the internal menu battery percentage say 100 when its really 95 or so giving you a fake reading as it drops from 100 as he first 5% or so it stays at 100.
    That was using the built in menu. I ended up running for 9 hrs last night, with 18% still showing.

Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    So I just found out that the TP can have come with one of two batteries, a 6200mAh or a 5421mAh battery, I just checked Dr. Battery and seem to have the 6200mAh one.

This could be why people are seeing such differences in battery performance.

TouchPad Battery Life Not As Advertised - Support Community
    Battery life is slightly worse, but the biggest problem is that it charges MUCH slower on the touchstone..
    Has more than just one person had success with totally draining the battery?

This means letting the TP completely drain and shut off then fully charge it and see that the battery life has returned to normal.

My battery life has gone from 10-11 hours before the update to about 5 after the update with sleep mode being the worst culprit. Overnight it used to use about 3% and is now about 8-10%.

I am not running ANY mail or AIM programs at all. Just wi-fi and have it switched on as suggested by the TP for longer life. 2 minutes for sleep and brightness at 40%.

However, I have just received it back from repair and believe that they put a new battery in during all repairs so it may need a few cycles to calibrate. I have only charged it 2 times thus far.

In addition, fully discharging this type of battery is a big no-no as far being good for the battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    Has anyone noticed a decrease in battery life after the new update? Everything works well for me, better browser, smoother scrolling, overall more fast. However, the battery life seems like its been going down faster...am I just crazy? Lol
    battery life seems fine when the tp is working right ,but when the WiFi issues start up the battery drains faster than my bladder after 6 beers
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345