Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    i use the battery saver app that will turn on airplane mode at a set time and then turn it off at another set time. so for me, i have it come on at midnight and then off at 12 noon. i can go for a few days without having to charge it, unless i am going strong on angry birds.

i am not on 3.0.4 yet, so i don't know if the app works for the update or not.
    There's an old saying in my business; Speed costs...How much money do you have?

Same is true in computers.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Mine is back to normal, but I did do a total battery drain and recharge, and also toggled the email settings off and back on. I think the minimum brightness helps too. I've had it off the charger since about 7 or 8 last night, have used off and on, and I'm at 77%. I have my brightness set about a third of the way. I never turn the wifi off.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    I did my drain last night to 0%.
    seems to be working, at least the temps are down, or may its because its cooler today
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    never saw any change here. With 3.02 I got about 10 hours solid surfing, light gaming, YouTube ethyl run the battery to zero, and about another hour of use after battery indicator hit zero. I get the same with 3.04.

same was true with stock settings and with uberkernel set 10 1.5GHz max.
    k so for standby with wifi off. All day I didn't use it, usually I'd see at most 5% drain.... Now its at about 15% drain.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    k so for standby with wifi off. All day I didn't use it, usually I'd see at most 5% drain.... Now its at about 15% drain.
    That's not good at all. I am hesitating to update even more now.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xsever View Post
    That's not good at all. I am hesitating to update even more now.
    I think it depends on your settings and usage area. Mine was at 36% Sunday night. When I picked it up Monday night it was at 32 or 33%. I have wifi set to off when it sleeps. So I can attest that with my setup, with wifi set to turn off when it sleeps, battery drain is minimal. I know on 3.02 I had issues with battery drain which I think was due to my wifi network being less than ideal and hence why I switched to having my wifi off when it sleeps.
    Before the latest update: Battery life was awesome. I always left the wifi on overnight to auto-fetch emails and when I wake up in the morning battery life was still over half full.

After the update: I notice battery life is very short. I never changed my routine. Left wifi on to fetch emails like usual. I wake up the next morning and battery meter shows 0%.

Sometimes, I don't even use the touchpad and just put it to sleep and battery still drains like crazy. Before the update, it never drained this quickly.
    I'm really tempted to do a reformat, but I don't feel like transferring my big music collection again.

EDIT:

I also don't get the blinking power button. That was helpful because it lets you know you received new emails. Anyone know how to get it back?
    Battery life seemed to improve. Also I went back to stock with zero patches and I'm keeping it that way. I love the battery life now. I went away for the week after the update and found my touchpad sitting on my table with tons of charge left.
    i will continue to monitor this... right now... i charged it right up at(11am) and i used it a lil today. im on 96% wifi is on so mail is being sent etc. Its night now... so i dont know if its an improvement?
    ill see how it goes
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    3.0.2 standby with wifi off and Uberkernel, battery drain overnight (8 hours) was 1% or 0%

3.0.4 standby with wifi off Uberkernel, battery drain overnight (8 hours) is ~4%

I already drained the battery fully and recharged it.

Any tips?
    My battery drained 15% in 6 hours last night while in stand by, wifi off. I think I got a bad battery or something. I wish it was easily replaceable.

I had this problem before the update. TP seemed fine for the first week then I started experiencing this weird drain in stand by. Battery life does not seem to be affected while I am actually using the device though. I dont get what would drain my battery in stand by but not drain it while it is in use. Any theories?
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenC56 View Post
    Charged mine fully on the regular charger after I let it completely drain and shut down. Seems Ok now-Down only 10% to 90% charge after 9+ hours.
    So yours is draining 10% in 9 hours? That sounds terrible. Some people report only a couple % drain per 24 hour period.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    This is unacceptable. WebOS fans used to brag how energy efficient the OS is.

What happened now?!
    Im actually getting BETTER battery life with 304 and the upgraded patches, gov etc than i did under 302 with the same set up... Much better.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    for me, removing google account from the messaging app made a huge difference. It would drain 30% in 8 hrs, now only a few %. I still have skype account configured
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I am going to do another full drain tonight and then full charge and see what happens.

Will keep everyone posted.
    Been following this thread, gonna have to chime in, never ran 3.02 really, finally got the TP this week from SMB and immediately updated to 3.04 and tweaked.

Have "standard tweaks", 1.5 OC, logging off, ect.

Wifi off, going into standby 89%, 12 Hrs later 88%, so a 1% loss or within margin of error?

Seems ok I guess? Not sure what to expect from it?
    After the 3.0.4 update I'm noticing more battery drain while in standby. I have it set to turn WiFi off when it goes into sleep mode. It seems to be draining at a rate of just more than 2% per hour. I'm going to drain the battery and recharge to see if that makes any difference. If it doesn't I'll install the uberkernel.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast