Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    moseras what was your stock lithium benches?
    my lowest was 128

What i used to do in 3.0.2 is turn on airplane mode on my TP to save on power, say i dont take it to school that said day. My TP is home these days since they broke proxy support
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    My battery indicator on the top right is stuck on 100%? I've tried Lunar reset, Device reset, even plugged it in to charge.. it stays at 100% for the whole day? =/
    well,scratch waiting for the 'getting started' update.
    3.0.4 Installed while charging.
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by Welsh Rhys View Post
    Has anyone noticed a reduction in battery life since updating to 3.04?
    Personally I think the battery on my touchpad drops a lot quicker than before the update. If anything, I would have expected battery life to increase due to the touchpad not being overclocked.

Have any of you noticed a difference? Perhaps I may just have to do a charge cycle and run the doctor.
    yes I noticed that too, comparing to previous version my battery power drops noticebly quicker...
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    moseras what was your stock lithium benches?
    my lowest was 128

What i used to do in 3.0.2 is turn on airplane mode on my TP to save on power, say i dont take it to school that said day. My TP is home these days since they broke proxy support
    I never tested it stock. I had to turn off autocorrect before I smashed my Touchpad.
    mibaksh likes this.
    Ok. so after putting uberkernel in and govnah working again (at 1.5ghz) my battery life is not only working again, but way better than it was out of the box. I let my mp3's play from 2pm to 10pm and not even at 60% battery in 8 hours. Thats less than 40% used in 8 hours. Impressive. After the 3.0.4 update, it was lasting like 3-4 hours total, so I am thoroughly impressed now!
    Charged mine fully on the regular charger after I let it completely drain and shut down. Seems Ok now-Down only 10% to 90% charge after 9+ hours.
    3.0.4 drains my bat a bit faster. 3.0.2 would drain consistently about 450 mA while idle; 3.0.4 ranges from 450-550 with the same settings. This might be due to lack of patches though to disable some logging.

Also...a very strange thing just happened to me. My touchpad was at 40% an hour ago. Just now I heard it vibrate, checked it, and saw that the battery was at 0% warning me to charge the device--it was idle with the screen off theentire time! Can anyone explain this to me? First time that such a thing happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalxtime View Post
    3.0.4 drains my bat a bit faster. 3.0.2 would drain consistently about 450 mA while idle; 3.0.4 ranges from 450-550 with the same settings. This might be due to lack of patches though to disable some logging.

Also...a very strange thing just happened to me. My touchpad was at 40% an hour ago. Just now I heard it vibrate, checked it, and saw that the battery was at 0% warning me to charge the device--it was idle with the screen off theentire time! Can anyone explain this to me? First time that such a thing happened.
    You might need to use Dr. Battery, found in Preware, and recalibrate the battery.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I too have perception that the TP battery is draining faster after the upgrade. I feel it is not sleeping as deep.

I was in the habit of just dropping it after a short session without plugging it in. This worked fine with 3.02 but not with 3.o4. When I come back to the TP I find it is ready to place on the charger.

I need to recalibrate and keep an eye on this thread. I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this. Thanks all...

I should add that I noticed this without Uberkernel. I just installed Uberkernel so I will be looking for a change. I'm not having any of the problems that seem to be common to other posts. Big "Knock on Wood" here for me.
    Last edited by greenlaser; 10/22/2011 at 07:03 AM.
    You can't really compare battery life, unless variables are the same. When they complile Uberkernel there are certain power saving features that aren't there in the stock kernel, at least that's how it was with the phones.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    You might need to use Dr. Battery, found in Preware, and recalibrate the battery.
    I have had Dr. Battered installed for a while now. However, I always saw that it was not yet supported in the touchpad
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Is sleep supposed to drain the battery? I had it sleeping but not shut down overnight and my battery is substantially lower in power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aganar View Post
    Is sleep supposed to drain the battery? I had it sleeping but not shut down overnight and my battery is substantially lower in power.
    Yea sleeping drains the battery since some components of the system is still on--it's like a computer on standby. It drains more if you leave wifi on all night.
    Sleeping used to be much much more power saving before update. I could even leave It in sleep mode for days without draining 10% and without turning off my wifi.
    Mine definitely got better after letting the battery go completely dead and then charging with the regular charger. Only down 25% to 75% capacity after 31+hours.
    I ended up doing a doctor on mine, stock lithium, no mods, was 144.
    I'm on uberkernel now, got 112 with it.
    battery life is a little better I'd say but I think I'm in for a drain to 0 and recharge.
    and yes... Autocorrect had me feeling the same >_>
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Battery life seems better on my after the update. Used it for about 20 minutes and battery went down 3%.
    Although the battery life has reduced a little after the 3.0.4.77 upgrade, it's significantly improved by keeping the Wi-Fi OFF when you sleep the touchpad. I hope all of you are doing that as there is no need mostly to keep it ON all the time unless you are on email/chat. This little tweak keeps my tablet going for at least 3 days if not more.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Why the hell did I not know about the setting to shut the Wi-Fi off while it sleeps? Thanks for that little piece of knowledge.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast