Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by suprolla View Post
    I was referring to the actual and not battery health screen in dr. Battery. Health shows the same value as before (6342/6612 mAh), but actual used to match the TP.

just doing some checks
    6pm 88%
    7pm 76%

constant use browsing, couple you tube vids, screen at minimum, bluetooth on and tethered.
    830pm 60%

a quick calculation says that my battery should give me 9+ hours, so this does not seem to back me up, but it just seems poor in comparison to 3.0.2. Especially since I am constantly tethered. Go figure.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    I'd say mine is the same. TP has always had great Batt Life for me.
    Your battery life will vary based on many factors. How bright your screen is, what speed your CPU is at, whether you're using 1 or 2 CPU cores, radios on, etc.

E.g. if you're playing 720p video at 100% bright with wifi on in the background, expect maybe 3-4 hours.

These "oh I get 10 hours" posts are ridiculous. A look at govnah will show you the power consumption at any given moment. Knowing that the TP is specced for 5500 mAh, it's easy to do the math based on what your consumption reading is. e.g. -900 mAh on a true 5500 capacity means 6 hours. People getting that long a battery life have their brightness low, radios off (probably), and are only doing light tasks.

Incidentally, Dr. Battery reports mine as 6300 mAh on one tab and 5300-5500 on another tab. I question the accuracy of the readings. Though it is possible I damaged the battery that night on the touchstone where I came down and it was warm and low on power.
    hypertech likes this.
    Mostly using my TP for emails and light surfing. Was going almost 2 days on a charge before the update-Now I'm down to 40% after only 12 hours. Using was more than before in my case.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Do you need to update on a full battery for the battery level to stay correct? I know when flashing ROMs on android you need to do it on a full battery and then clear your battery info otherwise your battery meter gets messed up. Not sure how webOS handles things. It was an update so maybe you don't have to worry about the battery level.
    My battery life is definitely worse!

I am using the F4 Phantom kernel, and my battery life seems to be cut in half. With 3.0.2 I could run F4 at 1.8GHz and still have great battery life.

Today my Touchpad seemed to run down in 3-4 hours. Also, it seems to be charging more slowly on the touchstone. 3.0.4 feels much better in terms of speed, but you have to wonder if HP managed to improve things by consuming more power? Web browsing was horrible under the previous version, with many images never loading on web pages. That appears to have been fixed now.

I am hoping there will be new patches soon that may help this problem. Most of the Preware/Homebrew patches I had installed didn't survive the upgrade.

BTW - Lithium Benchmark (F4, 1.8GHZ, Ondemand)
    WebOS 3.0.2 = 88
    WebOS 3.0.4 = 80
    Last edited by moseras; 10/21/2011 at 01:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    much shorter than 3.0.2
    No difference with the battery life after the update for me. I can only speak for the one that I am using but the battery life on the Touchpad is phenomenal.
    same here, no difference...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Palm Pre- Unlocked O2 Germany
    Palm Pre 2 Unlocked UK
    HP Pre 3 Unlocked Fr
    HP TouchPad 16Gb WiFi US
    Quote Originally Posted by moseras View Post
    My battery life is definitely worse!

I am using the F4 Phantom kernel, and my battery life seems to be cut in half. With 3.0.2 I could run F4 at 1.8GHz and still have great battery life.

Today my Touchpad seemed to run down in 3-4 hours. Also, it seems to be charging more slowly on the touchstone. 3.0.4 feels much better in terms of speed, but you have to wonder if HP managed to improve things by consuming more power? Web browsing was horrible under the previous version, with many images never loading on web pages. That appears to have been fixed now.

I am hoping there will be new patches soon that may help this problem. Most of the Preware/Homebrew patches I had installed didn't survive the upgrade.

BTW - Lithium Benchmark (F4, 1.8GHZ, Ondemand)
    WebOS 3.0.2 = 88
    WebOS 3.0.4 = 80
    Uninstall the F-kernal and install Uberkernal - then set the max speed in Govnah to 1.5 ghz.

Its pretty universally experienced that 3.04 is optimized for speed, and Uberkernal should take it to its current WebOSinternals maximum.

Remember, all other Kernals are still in Beta by WebOSI.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Uninstall the F-kernal and install Uberkernal - then set the max speed in Govnah to 1.5 ghz.

Its pretty universally experienced that 3.04 is optimized for speed, and Uberkernal should take it to its current WebOSinternals maximum.

I'm curious how you get the Uberkernel back in, when on mine, it says unavailable, and is only a placeholder for 3.0.4.

edit: I should retract that statement, just became available on mine and have govnah working again. Man you guys are fast with updates
    Last edited by xxdigipxx; 10/21/2011 at 09:15 AM.
    ChemEngr likes this.
    Interesting-I left my TP on and out of the touchstone over night and this morning it has a low battery warning and shows 0%. The battery charge bar is still about 1/3 however and the TP just shut itself down.
    Definitively battery life is shorter now, it drains while on standby, I will be doctoring the TP either today or tomorrow to see if a fresh start helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by zubiaur View Post
    Definitively battery life is shorter now, it drains while on standby, I will be doctoring the TP either today or tomorrow to see if a fresh start helps.
    How do you "doctor" a TP?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Not seeing any negative change - still getting great battery life on stock TP with the update.
    John

Proudly Microsoft/Apple Free with HP/Palm Pre+/ Driod Bionic / Verizon Wireless TouchPad SOON! NOW!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My battery life after 3.0.4. updates is worse too. My usage pattern hasn't changed since the upgrade, but my charging pattern sure has.

I don't know if it's because of the loss of the uberkernal function or what. But I'm going to assume this is the case because my TP didn't get smoother or quicker with the update as some users claimed theirs did (and w/o updated uberkernal).....that got worse for me too.

?????
    Dreaded seeing this as a topic. I'll try to wait a bit longer before updating. The 'getting started' guide should be updated fairly soon. I'll just go back then and remuffle logging, ect.ect. and give it my best shot. I don't think I get three hours out of it.
    You plug your phone in?
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdigipxx View Post
    I'm curious how you get the Uberkernel back in, when on mine, it says unavailable, and is only a placeholder for 3.0.4.

edit: I should retract that statement, just became available on mine and have govnah working again. Man you guys are fast with updates
    Make sure you do a full restart, and not just a Luna restart, and then look for the new Uberkernal on Preware!

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Mine was draining noticebly faster after the update. It seems to have improved some after several restarts. Maybe there's some recalibration going on.
    I'm not sure if the touchpad has this issue, but with my webos phone, after an update, even if my email is set to as arrives, I have to toggle it to a different receive option and back again or it would cause a battery drain. When I get home tonight, if I've lost more than 5% ( it normally drops 3-5 while I'm gone) then I will toggle those settings to see if it makes a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post

I will try that, but the other kernels were not power hogs before. Since they seldom maxed out the CPU speed, their effect on battery performance was minimal. I suspect it is more a WebOS 3.0.4 update issue than a beta kernel problem.

Lithium Benchmarks:
    WebOS 3.0.4 with F4 kernel @ 1.836 GHz, Ondemand - 80
    WebOS 3.0.4 with Uberkernel @ 1.512, OndemandTCL - 99
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast