1.    #1  
    Hi All

I'm new to the hp Touchpad and have been enjoying the OS for the past two months or so...since the firesale.

What I would like to do is have a shortcut of a file say, a pdf added to the Favorites tab...can this be done? If so I would much appreciate some help.

Thanks!
    I believe Shortcut Launcher should be able to do this.... I just tried a .pdf file, and got the unable to open mime type error. Not sure what needs to be tweaked for that, haven't really used it much for anything other than making my own website shortcuts. You can also set it up for an email hotlink, or quick launch phone dialer.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken_strips View Post
    Hi All

I'm new to the hp Touchpad and have been enjoying the OS for the past two months or so...since the firesale.

What I would like to do is have a shortcut of a file say, a pdf added to the Favorites tab...can this be done? If so I would much appreciate some help.

Thanks!
    That functionality (open a PDF) will be in the next release, as will a port to the Veer and Pre family.

Twack
  4.    #4  
    Thanks Twack, the next release of which software? So I can keep an eye out for it.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chicken_strips View Post
    Thanks Twack, the next release of which software? So I can keep an eye out for it.
    "Shortcut Launcher", it's in the app catalog under "Productivity"
    OK thanks twack. The pdf in question on my TouchPad opens fine in QuickOffice....lol first time I've ever used it, tbh, and was transferred by USB.

So what's your take on 64x64 icon size? Why is that specified when it doesn't matter how big it is?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel