Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems playing accelerometer games like NFS:HP and Asphalt 6 after the update? Steering is almost impossible now.
    Dan1k likes this.
    I seen my tp change orientation the wrong ways.

--Sent from my HP PandaPad using Communities
    Sprint | Palm Franken Pre
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOaks View Post
    Anyone else having problems playing accelerometer games like NFS:HP and Asphalt 6 after the update? Steering is almost impossible now.
    both are now unplayable
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Wow, you're right. Asphalt 6 is totally unplayable now using the accelerometer to steer.
    Glyder is playable but feels a bit sluggish.

ian
    Absolutely impossible to steer in Asphalt 6.

It looks like when you turn the TouchPad, Asphalt 6 doesn't know whether to tilt the camera or turn the steering wheel, so it fails at both.

I switched to the on-screen steering wheel control and now steer with my thumb. I actually win most of the time now.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I switched back to the on screen wheel, and even it seems not right.
    It seems to have a *massive* dead zone in the center. Have to turn it 45
    degrees before the car does anything at all. That's a lot like what
    the accelerometer is doing. Maybe they messed up something else
    in the SDK to break these games.

Glyder 2 and X-plane and the bubble level apps all seem to work OK.

ian
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    The controls are somehow upside down......Try playing the game upside down....

That is of course pointless...but it works...
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    It's no more consistent upside down than it is right side up.
    Pick the controls with both brake and accelerator and then
    bring the car to a stop and see what happens when you tilt.
    The view should tilt smoothly to keep the car/road level.
    Instead it just gets stuck at more or less random angles.
    Same if held upside down.

ian
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I can't see NFS:HP in my App Catalog so I wouldn't know ... We be just the poor people of Australia, show pity on us ...
    My accelerometer tracks accurately, it is just delayed by about a second. -_- I think I'm going back to 3.0.2. I love Asphalt 6. Plus I'm a bit afraid of all the other problems that seem to be developing with the update. I will say that it did speed things up, it's sad that the update also introduced some problems...
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I just made a support thread for it: Accelerometer issues after 3.0.4 update - Support Community

But the Palm forum turned into a "support community" and isn't labaled as an official support channel anymore...
    perhaps anybody tries the free app Accelerometer to see where the dead zone exactly lies.

The Pre 3 also has issues with it (seems to pause polling), mostly also seen in games:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-pre-...ml#post3210096
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    you guys should all route issues with your games to @webosdev and @jaaksi they are the people involved with the update and need to know abt this issue. These bugs makes our paid apps and games worthless.
    This really bites, how the heck could they mis this flaw/bug?
    People get on the phone and call HP
    At least they need to shut down the auto download/update servers so we can go back to 3.02 until they get time to fix.
    I rather not keep wifi off just to avoid the ota auto update happening again after webos Dr back to 3.02
    and no, glider does not work right
    contact numbers
    http://kb.hpwebos.com/wps/portal/kb2...s/page_en.html
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    perhaps anybody tries the free app Accelerometer to see where the dead zone exactly lies.
    But Ground Effects Pro works just fine, and I've seen reports of other apps such as Glyder working, too. So whatever the error is, it does not seem to be something as fundamental as a dead zone in the accelerometer itself.
    have you tired to reinstall the game and see if maybe that fixes it? I haven't updated mine yet but I'll check my wifes stock touchpad when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by aw9d View Post
    have you tired to reinstall the game and see if maybe that fixes it? I haven't updated mine yet but I'll check my wifes stock touchpad when I get home.
    Yep, no dice. And I just bought asphalt 6 the day before, lol... I love the game, this is really frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Diaz View Post
    Yep, no dice. And I just bought asphalt 6 the day before, lol... I love the game, this is really frustrating.
    humm.. makes me not want to update my touchpad even more now. Tho I don't use the accelerometer's to play the game, it sounds like its effected for all types of steering.
    My touchpad accelerometer seems to stick, a Luna restart fixes this, but I don't want to have to restart Luna every 2 hours! The diagnostics app doesn't fix it which is annoying.
    You are right! After updating to 3.0.4, accelerometer has an unacceptable delay which makes NFS and Asphalt impossible to play.
    xninjagrrl likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast