Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1.    #1  
    No issues at all so far.

YouTube works great, all my apps (not many) are still there and functioning normally, Pandora works, browser is much better, etc.

I was almost didn't do the update after reading the horror posts, so I wanted to let others know that I am having no issues so far.

Haven't over clocked, and may not if it continues to run this good.

Thanks HP!
    Hmm. It seems like I'm the only one that isn't really impressed by the update. I'm sure there are others, and I haven't really said that I'm not impressed until now. 3.0.2 OC'd to 1.728 compared to 3.0.4 OC'd to 1.728....I can't tell much difference in browser speeds. The auto correct is so bad for me I shut it off. The app catalog "enhancements"....meh, I was ok with the way it was, but I'll take them. Camera, don't use it, and really don't plan on it, aside from when I'm messing around with Time Lapse Maker. I don't really know what else I'm missing I guess.

I'm not really upset or anything, I guess I'm just not seeing what everyone else is raving about. Maybe things will change once those patches get pushed through, and I'll notice something.

Or maybe these changes really only affected those that were on Uberkernel or less....and those that were already at 1.7 wouldn't notice?
    And the YouTube thing...i really didn't notice any problems there either. I guess that leaves OGG/FLAC support and possibly WMV playback. Always good, but never really had a problem as I just shelled out the coins for KalemSoft and never worried about what file types I had.

Glad you all like it, and this is hardly a rant, just my observations.....or lack thereof.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Touchkeeper and fmarcanojr like this.
    Don't forget, no more drunk scrolling
    oya, lol. That also didn't bother me that much. Maybe I'm just too forgiving and far too used to all the little quirks that is webOS.

That auto-correct issue is by far, my biggest complaint.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I did the OTA UPDATE and had the auto correct bug. I removed patched and kernels prior the update

I did a doctor and it was gone.

I am happy now... Its like an OC'ed 3.0.2 for me.

just need to find out where my issues of time magazine went.
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Another improvement I noticed from the 3.0.4 update is the pinch/zoom feature not jerky/jumpy any more, anyone else notice this?
    just got my HP.com firesale touchpads (finally) - i must say it feels a lot better now iwth 3.0.4 (shipped with 3.0.2) than 3.0.0 from the original purchase which I returned.

Wow - forgotten how I miss the webos cards interface so easy to use. I've switched to an android phone but neither android nor iphone has such a intuitive cards interface. Family members agreed = very easy to use!
    I agree... this update is very well done (except the auto-correct - I turned it off too). They really used this update to tweak the heck out of the OS and smooth out a LOT of the issues. They did an awesome job with this one!
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Another improvement I noticed from the 3.0.4 update is the pinch/zoom feature not jerky/jumpy any more, anyone else notice this?
    Yes, I did notice this as well. As for the auto correct, they improved the speed. MS Word Auto-Corrects almost instantaneously. If you completely screw a word, it will try to predict which word you meant, but ALL auto-corrects do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Hmm. I'm sure there are others, and I haven't really said that I'm not impressed until now. 3.0.2 OC'd to 1.728 compared to 3.0.4 OC'd to 1.728....I can't tell much difference in browser speeds.
    do you have early access to updated OC kernals or something?

cause none are out yet for 3.0.4...How are you overclocking?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post

F15C & Phantom have been available in the alpha feeds for several hrs
    Quote Originally Posted by mlkmade View Post

No earlier access than anyone else. (When the kernels finish getting compiled by the authors, they immediately get put out to the alpha feeds so they can be tested.) I just follow @webosinternals on Twitter and find out about when updates become available.

well thanks (I guess) for the doctor advice. Its a PITA, bloody thing takes forever to re-download all my apps and sync everything. Sigh. Not for the fear of the doctor.....just the 3 hours that I can't use my TouchPad. Guess I'll do it before bed...
    Last edited by sledge007; 10/20/2011 at 02:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    How is the update a good job by webos in any known way.

besides auto correct the forums are filled with these issues:

1. Lag while gaming and other apps
    2. Accelorometer issues
    3. Phone app doesn not connect with all phones, I am not talking about sms but even calling
    4. cannot enter promo codes.

And the worst, we have to wait for another update for that, which we do not know if we will even get that or no.
    thumbs up to the update. Web browsing is much better. I haven't had problems with games because I don't play any. I'm dual booting with CM7 and even though there are several browsers there I still prefer the adv. Browser on webOS. I hate the mobile version of websites.
    fmarcanojr likes this.
    I'm with you here haven't had any issues since update either, seems to run faster also, loving it so far.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    3.0.2 OC'd to 1.728 compared to 3.0.4 OC'd to 1.728....I can't tell much difference in browser speeds.
    i can tell a difference. web pages seem to load faster in 3.0.4. i can tell a pretty noticeable improvement overall in stock 3.0.4 vs stock 3.0.2. everything feels snappier.

comparing 3.0.4 vs. using uberkernel in 3.0.2 + the standard performance patches...i would say 3.0.4 performance is equal to or in some cases slightly better (like web pages loading faster).

Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    How is the update a good job by webos in any known way.

considering 99.9% of the time i use my touchpad for web browsing.. i'm pretty happy with the update :P
    oya, lol. That also didn't bother me that much. Maybe I'm just too forgiving and far too used to all the little quirks that is webOS.

That auto-correct issue is by far, my biggest complaint.
    To Quirk or not to Quirk...webOS rocks!

-lol
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Right now, I evaluate the update as 50% good and 50% bad.

The good:

1) Stock 3.0.4 feels like an OCed 3.0.2 UK 1.5Ghz
    2) Skype has better quality
    3) Pinch/Zoom is very nice and almost no jitters
    4) Native Camera App
    5) Battery Life seemed to have improved (although some say the opposite)
    6) "Live" Stream like Twitch.tv plays smoother at 480p - before it was jittery at that resolution
    7) Touchscreen issues were almost solved (I had problems with some keyboard keys "P" "Backspace". - now its perfect

The Bad:
    1) Games FPS dropped so bad. Gun Bros, Asphalt, etc Framerates went downhill.
    2) Accelerometer is so screwed.
    3) Occasionally sound gets distorted. PulseAudio Restart doesn't fix it. Only a Hard reset. Since the update, I've encountered it 7 times already. It happened very random so the culprit can't be found
    4) Yahoo messenger in the messenger app is still flaky. I can send message but can't receive
    5) Sometimes, if you go full screen in youtube, TP just sleeps. weird.
    6) I can't still view my Dlink IP webcam via browser. It works with my wife's iphone and my android phone.
    7) I can't downgrade to 3.0.2 for some reason. Mine gets stuck at 12% via doctor.

So yeah, 50/50. My anxiety right now is HP might not release a 3.0.5 that will fix all these problems. With the update, almost all graphic intensive games are not playable (either by accelerometer or framerates issues).

Please HP fix these bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i can tell a difference. web pages seem to load faster in 3.0.4. i can tell a pretty noticeable improvement overall in stock 3.0.4 vs stock 3.0.2. everything feels snappier.

comparing 3.0.4 vs. using uberkernel in 3.0.2 + the standard performance patches...i would say 3.0.4 performance is equal to or in some cases slightly better (like web pages loading faster).

considering 99.9% of the time i use my touchpad for web browsing.. i'm pretty happy with the update :P
    before the patch my browser felt like it only cached text and not pics/flash, now all of it seems to cache/reload faster, its a noticable improvement, if only a little its still welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by cclarion View Post
    thumbs up to the update. Web browsing is much better. I haven't had problems with games because I don't play any. I'm dual booting with CM7 and even though there are several browsers there I still prefer the adv. Browser on webOS. I hate the mobile version of websites.
    This is good news. Are you using Android 2.3? Can you download/purchase apps from Android Market? Are the processor speeds similar? (webOS 3.04 vs. Android 2.3). Peace.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast