Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I was so eager to get home and play with my new touchpad that delivered today, after all I have only been waiting 2 months!
    I unbox this sexy beast and fire it up only to find that when I try to enter in my WEP key, I can't type with out double entry or no response from the touch screen. With the touchpad simply sitting on the table and my hands nowhere near it there is typing going on, ***???
    Five minutes in and I am dead in the water!! HELP
    I'd try forcibly rebooting it by holding power and home for 15 seconds. If that doesn't work, doctor it. If that doesn't fix it, the device itself is indeed fubar
    try turning off wep on your router until you get logged In
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    try turning off wep on your router until you get logged In
    The problem isn't in connecting to the WiFi, I cant even type because this screen is jumping around and making inputs without even being touched!
    After way tooo many tries I finally was able to get the WEP key entered. I got connected.
    Then when it restarted the home screen was showing "touch marks" without me even touching it. I was able to make my way to the system update and have began downloading. However while it is sitting here next to me downloading the screen will just randomly move up and down as though I am swiping it, but I'm not!
    Please say a prayer with me that the update will cure what ails my shiny new TP!!!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    well at least you didnt use the ever popular term 'bricked'
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by reeper55 View Post
    The problem isn't in connecting to the WiFi, I cant even type because this screen is jumping around and making inputs without even being touched!
    After way tooo many tries I finally was able to get the WEP key entered. I got connected.
    Then when it restarted the home screen was showing "touch marks" without me even touching it. I was able to make my way to the system update and have began downloading. However while it is sitting here next to me downloading the screen will just randomly move up and down as though I am swiping it, but I'm not!
    Please say a prayer with me that the update will cure what ails my shiny new TP!!!
    hope the update fixes your problems. Your ghost touch marks and screen randomly moving up and down is just the touchpad catching up with all the inputs it received. It hangs on a process but remembers all the gestures you've done and does it all at once after it clears. Had the same problem once in awhile with my original pre
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    It now seems to be ok. I am thinking that maybe it was acting up because it was dropped off by FedEx and sitting out in the cold damp air. Thank you all for responding and trying to help!