Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    Hmmm just restored my overclock with uberkernal (I got impatient) and the distortion returned soon after. I'm going to return to the palm kernal I guess.
    don't worry its not UK, I thought the same, returned stock, then bam crackly poppy sound. I'm on warthog now, and its still there......like an annoying ex who won't take the hint......hiding in the bushes.......waiting to appear at any moment...ugh
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Distorted noise occurred twice on my tuchpad. A restart fixed it both times. Never occured before 3.04.

Uninstalled all my patches before update.

My device isn't overclocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    don't worry its not UK, I thought the same, returned stock, then bam crackly poppy sound. I'm on warthog now, and its still there......like an annoying ex who won't take the hint......hiding in the bushes.......waiting to appear at any moment...ugh
    Except I had just doctored, 4 hours with no distortion. Installed uberkernal and overclocked -> distortion multiple times -> removed it -> no distortion for 2 hours now.
    32GB TouchPad in the UK. Never overclocked, never had preware or patches installed. Updated to 3.0.4 and had the distorted audio problem twice over the past four days (to my knowledge - looks like this problem occurs and then goes, and tbh I haven't used my TP much over the past couple of days).
    Anything to do with Splashtop?

I have Splashtop. I've had the problem (once). I just need one report of someone who does not have Splashtop at all, but who has had the problem, to eliminate that possibility.

While we're at it, I also have a reason to suspect something to do with the bluetooth keyboard. Again, is there anyone who has had the problem who does not have a bluetooth keyboard (or ideally, no BT device of any sort paired with the TP)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozpeter View Post
    Anything to do with Splashtop?

I have Splashtop. I've had the problem (once). I just need one report of someone who does not have Splashtop at all, but who has had the problem, to eliminate that possibility.

While we're at it, I also have a reason to suspect something to do with the bluetooth keyboard. Again, is there anyone who has had the problem who does not have a bluetooth keyboard (or ideally, no BT device of any sort paired with the TP)?
    Having the problem with neither Splashtop nor BT keyboard present at all. Had paired the TP and Pre3 via BT a couple of times, but never at the times the distorted sound appeared.
    Darn it, I installed a kalemsoft beta ipk and now my audio is all distorted. I feel like I never had this issue until this most recent install. I also never had Kalemsoft on my TP until now. Maybe a link?
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    Darn it, I installed a kalemsoft beta ipk and now my audio is all distorted. I feel like I never had this issue until this most recent install. I also never had Kalemsoft on my TP until now. Maybe a link?
    with the diversity of causes here... I suspect we're looking at a power issue.
    got this too. this is a new feature with the 3.0.4 I guess.
    I had it first time yesterday... Never overclocked the device some basic patches mostly the log ones except the muffle one that it's broken after 3.04

A reboot fixed...the pulseaudio restarter didn't worked.
    Global Posts
    381 Global Posts
    This is getting yo be a joke. 8 pages. This problem is affecting so many users. How do we get HP to listen and fix this darn annoying problem?
    Tried the warthog kernel today... ended up with the sound issue again when overclocked to 1.5. I'm going to be running the default palm kernel for a few days to see if I get the issue. Thus far, at least for me personally, it seems to be kernel related. (Also seems to happen between 80 and 70% battery.. but that might just be a coincidence)
    i don't know if this will work for anyone, but last night i was having the sound distortion issue and i muted and un muted the touchpad and it fixed the distortion.
    People, please try my fix!!!!!

When you experience crackling audio, start playing a movie or mp3 file. Then, push the power button while the audio is playing. Wait a few seconds and you will hear the sound go in and out. Wake up the TP when the audio sounds fine. Problem fixed.

I did this 2 days ago and I haven't experienced any problems since. It may be a temporary fix but it's quicker than doing a full reset.
    peterlemonjello likes this.
    Somebody mentioned a Skype fix... Making a quick Skype call to their call testing service temporarily fixes the issue for me.
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by next_milenium View Post
    People, please try my fix!!!!!

When you experience crackling audio, start playing a movie or mp3 file. Then, push the power button while the audio is playing. Wait a few seconds and you will hear the sound go in and out. Wake up the TP when the audio sounds fine. Problem fixed.

I did this 2 days ago and I haven't experienced any problems since. It may be a temporary fix but it's quicker than doing a full reset.
    No go. Currently with the distorted sound now. Wanted to try different options before doing the full Device Restart, which is the only thing I've found that will consistently resolve. No go with mute/unmute, Bluetooth toggle, Luna Restart, Pulseaudio Restart, Sound Settings toggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by werkx View Post
    No go. Currently with the distorted sound now. Wanted to try different options before doing the full Device Restart, which is the only thing I've found that will consistently resolve. No go with mute/unmute, Bluetooth toggle, Luna Restart, Pulseaudio Restart, Sound Settings toggle.
    None of the things you mentioned worked for me either. The only things worked for me are the full restart and manually putting the screen to sleep thingy.
    Uggggggh. Well, I experienced the audio distortion problem immediately after the over the air update to 3.0.4 and ended up doctoring that night, but stuck with 3.0.4 to see if the fresh install would help.

It did indeed, didn't have any issues... until today. I have no idea why it waited 10 days of normal use to reappear, but its very depressing. I don't think it has anything to do with a particular app or use of preware. Just HP dropping the ball yet again and pushing an update to coincide with arrival of the fresh batch of touchpads, without taking the time to make sure it worked properly.

I hope we can get the issue pinned down at least, so that even if HP does nothing to fix the problem, the community can find a solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by raidtheruns View Post
    Uggggggh. Well, I experienced the audio distortion problem immediately after the over the air update to 3.0.4 and ended up doctoring that night, but stuck with 3.0.4 to see if the fresh install would help.

It did indeed, didn't have any issues... until today. I have no idea why it waited 10 days of normal use to reappear, but its very depressing. I don't think it has anything to do with a particular app or use of preware. Just HP dropping the ball yet again and pushing an update to coincide with arrival of the fresh batch of touchpads, without taking the time to make sure it worked properly.

I hope we can get the issue pinned down at least, so that even if HP does nothing to fix the problem, the community can find a solution.
    For me it seems to be the kernels. I've used both warthog and uberkernel so far, and had sound issues within an hour of installing both. I went back to the palm kernel this morning, and it's been a good 12 hours since I've had the issue.

Currently, have the following patches installed without issue. I have kept clear of muffle system logging for the time being. I will install it once it is clear that the issue is not returning. However, currently it seems to only happen when I'm running a kernel, and to be fair all the kernels are in BETA right now for 3.0.4.

• Freshly doctored 3.0.4
    • Max Blocker
    • Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    • Faster Card Animations HYPER version
    • Make it so
    • Remove dropped packet logging
    • Disable search engine browser notifications
    • Reduce minimum brightness
    • Advanced reset options
    • No vibrate or sound on messaging send
    • Remove Clear bookmarks button
    • Unthrottle download manager
    • Add thumbnav controls
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    For me it seems to be the kernels. I've used both warthog and uberkernel so far, and had sound issues within an hour of installing both. I went back to the palm kernel this morning, and it's been a good 12 hours since I've had the issue.

Currently, have the following patches installed without issue. I have kept clear of muffle system logging for the time being. I will install it once it is clear that the issue is not returning. However, currently it seems to only happen when I'm running a kernel, and to be fair all the kernels are in BETA right now for 3.0.4.

• Freshly doctored 3.0.4
    • Max Blocker
    • Increase Touch Sensitivity and Smoothness
    • Faster Card Animations HYPER version
    • Make it so
    • Remove dropped packet logging
    • Disable search engine browser notifications
    • Reduce minimum brightness
    • Advanced reset options
    • No vibrate or sound on messaging send
    • Remove Clear bookmarks button
    • Unthrottle download manager
    • Add thumbnav controls
    There are people with stock TP's reporting audio issues after 3.04 so the kernels can't b the reason.
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast