Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    I had it a reboot fixed it.

sent from my thunderbolt
    argh happened twice to me in the span of about an hour. Between this and touchstone cases bug I'm about ready to go back to 3.02 or sell this thing and use the money toward an iPad

hopefully this will be fixed soon via a patch as I can live with the touchstone issue but not this audio bug

edit just happened again that's 3 times in about an hour

make that 4 ughh
    Last edited by CardiffGiant11; 10/26/2011 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm getting the distortion too.I have also noticed that when tuned into an online radio station and the touchpad goes into sleep mode,the audio stops and starts a few times then stops completely.When woken again,the distortion starts.This did not happen with 3.0.2.The music kept playing in sleep mode with 3.0.2.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well it looks like restarting the pulse audio was just a fluke, as it no longer works to stop the distortion. It seems to be happening more often now. At least once or twice a day. Does this happen on a totally stock touchpad with no patches and kernels installed as well?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    It almost sounds like it's playing back at 22.5khz instead of 44.1khz when it does this. Not sure that helps figure it out but just figured I'd mention it.
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGiant11 View Post
    argh happened twice to me in the span of about an hour. Between this and touchstone cases bug I'm about ready to go back to 3.02 or sell this thing and use the money toward an iPad

hopefully this will be fixed soon via a patch as I can live with the touchstone issue but not this audio bug

edit just happened again that's 3 times in about an hour

make that 4 ughh
    How are you noticing the audio issues? Are you just playing music and waiting to hear the distortion? Ever since the update the only distorted sound I have noticed was in Supersonic HD when I hit a crystal. However, I have only played a few mp3's for a few minutes a piece just to test my speakers. I would like to attempt to replicate the audio problems you guys are having but I need to know some variables.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    While this might not be the best solution... I found doing a Luna restart fixes the issue... I do one almost every night to make sure the sound on the LCARS clock works.
    #staycoolmybabies
    Quote Originally Posted by xninjagrrl View Post
    How are you noticing the audio issues? Are you just playing music and waiting to hear the distortion? Ever since the update the only distorted sound I have noticed was in Supersonic HD when I hit a crystal. However, I have only played a few mp3's for a few minutes a piece just to test my speakers. I would like to attempt to replicate the audio problems you guys are having but I need to know some variables.
    It just comes up. Most of the time I just surf the web and view the occasional web video. I'll notice that typing or the sound in a video will sound weird and then I will known it occurred. For example today I watched a video on weather.com and I immediately could tell the sound was distorted.
    Its sounds like the speakers are dying, that is how you can tell. Also it sounds bad through headphones too, so it is a software issue
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    yeah I was watching a Youtube video this morning everything was fine then i had to answer the door so pressed the lock button and when it woke from sleep it had an intense crackling as if the speakers were blown. Hit the sleep button then woke it up again and sound was improved but still not normal. A device reset seemed to fix it but issue returns after a while especially when waking from sleep. It's definitely software because Android audio playback is fine. Has anyone tried to have the Beats audio profile turned on or off to see if either makes the device more prone to audio bug.
    I too am having the distorted audio issue. I've had it happen 3 times since updating to 3.0.4
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    I don't think you can Recreate this sound, it just happens. It happens during, after, prior to playing any audio. I noticed the power on tune crackle, and I just turned my tp on. Who knows. I think hb will figure it out, they are always fixing these things. Sucks we can't give them much to run on. At this point its like trying to predict where lightening will strike in a field. -sigh- I'm not even bugged anymore, just wait it out, and donate to hb. Lol
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

casiouser likes this.
    same here distorted Sound too. Another HP screwup , doing a Skype call seems to fix it as mentioned
    Please tell me that someone, somewhere is working on these bugs. I am taking my CCNA in a few days and have been using my touchpad for study using videos! Now my tabs sound keeps cutting out randomly and when it works it sounds like my speakers are toasted? Has anyone heard anything?

bummed HP employee in Detroit
    I am using the Kalemsoft media player with .FLV movies. Once it happened the first time after a pause and play, now it is doing it probably 75% of the time that any audio is played (games, music, movies, system sounds etc). Either no audio at all or very metallic distortion that is present externally and internally via headphones.
    I too had it when playing some mp4's, but then tried installing TouchVol and reducing the Boost and it seems to have fixed it.

Baldric

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I don't know enough to have any idea what the root cause or solution is, but I think I may have found a pattern of when this happens, at least on my device. I have intentionally caused the problem 3 straight times now, and not unintentionally caused it in two days.

Basically, it seems to happen when I press the lock button while audio is playing. The way I have tested it is during a movie. If I manually lock the screen without stopping the movie, the distortion is there when I unlock it. Like everyone else, it is only fixed through a reset.

I don't think I have seen it happen under any other circumstance.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo83184 View Post
    I don't know enough to have any idea what the root cause or solution is, but I think I may have found a pattern of when this happens, at least on my device. I have intentionally caused the problem 3 straight times now, and not unintentionally caused it in two days.

Basically, it seems to happen when I press the lock button while audio is playing. The way I have tested it is during a movie. If I manually lock the screen without stopping the movie, the distortion is there when I unlock it. Like everyone else, it is only fixed through a reset.

I don't think I have seen it happen under any other circumstance.
    You are right. I can also trigger this behavior at will. Just played mp3 using kalemsoft and manually locked screen. When I returned to kalemsoft, sound was messed up.

now that we can duplicate this issue, hopefully a fix is around the corner.
    Ok, this is interesting and I may have stumbled on a quick temporary fix that's better than the full reset (which takes too long).

I can trigger this audio distortion by manually locking the screen (push power button) while audio is playing (youtube, kalemsoft, builtin audio player, etc). This triggers interesting behavior because on my TP the audio stops at first but then starts to play intermittenly (except kalemsoft).

So, the quick temporary fix is to push power button and lock the screen manually while the distorted audio is playing. Then you will be able to hear when the sound returns to normal. At that point, unlock the screen by pushing the power button. Bam! Enjoy crystal clear sound again. ;-)