Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    just had my second encounter with this, I'm using it as a motivation to restart lol
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    I had no issues after the OTA for almost a week of fairly heavy use. Then today I had to doctor my TP due to a seperate issue, and I just got the distorted audio bug. ****!
    Just experienced this distorted sound issue earlier today.
    Never had any problem with the sound until I updated from 3.02 to 3.04.
    TP was asleep for most of the day. Woke it to play a video and I noticed it then.
    hard restart temporarily fixes this issue. TP is overclocked to 1.8 via phantom f4 kernel, no other patches.
    +1 on the sound and auto Correct issue. At the moment sound is fine but auto correct is going crazy.

it is as if this was not QC'ed. Why was this pushed out like this?
    You can review all of my posts and I have never been harsh regarding webOS, but this is laughable. It's like some software engineers on the way out had an axe to grind or something.

HP please fix!
    Last edited by Dsol; 10/23/2011 at 11:03 PM.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    I found some distort sound when plays movie on TP. But this is happened using the speaker. If I use earphone, even I played movie around 2 hours.. No distort sound at all.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Distorted audio is now happening pretty much every time I use my TP for more than
    a few minutes at a time. I restart, it's fine for hours if I'm only doing simple
    stuff like browsing the web from time to time, but play a longer flash video, or a game,
    and afterward audio gets crappy (never during).

One thing I've noticed is that the audio doesn't break to the same degree every time.
    Sometimes it's only a little scratchy, and sometimes it's a lot. Sometimes it
    gets worse and worse. Nothing sjort of a full restart has ever fixed it.

The list of things that were broken in 3.0.4 that I am encountering regularly
    has now far exceeded the number of things that 3.0.4 fixed that I had
    encountered regularly in 3.0.2. I think it's time to Dr. back. First
    time I've ever had to do that with a WebOS release, and I've had a Pre for 2 years.

ian
    Wonder if the pulse audio restart will help
    "I haven't failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    Thomas Edison
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robotech1985 View Post
    Wonder if the pulse audio restart will help
    It does not.
    Nor does Luna Restart.

I'm done with 3.0.4 for now.

ian
    mibaksh likes this.
    another unhappy distorted tp 3.0.4 owner.
    seriously, how could they not have discovered this huge issue before releasing the update?
    same story here
    I am afraid I had my first encounter with this too just a few minutes ago. I've been running 3.04 since it was pushed out a little while ago. Though I love the speed update, this bug, the Touchstone charging issue with cases and the auto correct bug are very bad and discouraging. At least you can shut auto correct off though. HP will hopefully not leave us all hanging. The TouchPad just took a major step back in usability in my opinion.
    Our two also have the audio problem. Like everyone else, it's fine after a restart. I've had it happen twice, my fiance has had it happen once.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Is there an easy way to revert back to 3.0.2 without having to Dr the TP?
    I noticed the distorted pops today for the first time. It woke me up with a pleasing alarm sound first. Then after a while, right before leaving for work, I picked it up and adjusted its volume and noticed the distortion through speakers. I had to reboot the tablet and it has worked fine since. I am running 3.0.4.77 overclocked to 1.5 ghz on both cores.

I may have missed this but is this happening only on overclocked tablets? or only on overclocked tablets AND 3.0.4.77? I don't honestly want to restore back to 3.0.2 because I really like 3.0.4.77. Hopefully in a few weeks HP releases another build to take care of these annoyances - distortion, accelerometer, etc.
    I know someone said that the Increase sound patch has nothing to do with this issue but I uninstalled id last night and have not had an issue. I listened to an entire album after removing and tested it out today and it works fine. I'll reinstall it sometime today and find out if it reacts negatively to the patch at all.
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    I send mine back with a repair ticket - hope it will get handled
    Pre3/TP 16GB, Palm Pre Plus, Palm Pixi Plus, Palm Pre, Centro, Treo 680, Treo 650, Palm T3, Treo 270
    Quote Originally Posted by billionaiire View Post
    I noticed the distorted pops today for the first time. It woke me up with a pleasing alarm sound first. Then after a while, right before leaving for work, I picked it up and adjusted its volume and noticed the distortion through speakers. I had to reboot the tablet and it has worked fine since. I am running 3.0.4.77 overclocked to 1.5 ghz on both cores.

I may have missed this but is this happening only on overclocked tablets? or only on overclocked tablets AND 3.0.4.77? I don't honestly want to restore back to 3.0.2 because I really like 3.0.4.77. Hopefully in a few weeks HP releases another build to take care of these annoyances - distortion, accelerometer, etc.
    Mine's not over clocked, and I have the sound issue.
    Just adding myself to the list. Restarts do not fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    It does not.
    Nor does Luna Restart.

I'm done with 3.0.4 for now.

ian
    This has only happened for me the one time thus far (knock on wood) and a full shutdown/restart (not Luna restart) fixed it for me. How about for you? It's been behaving since but I anticipate further problems...
    Last edited by chaosdivine; 10/24/2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: added a word
    Add me to the list of newly disgruntled 3.0.4 upgraders whose audio became fouled in the last 48 hours. I can't even fix it, now. I now have to use CM7 if I want to hear my music or watch videos.

As much as I dislike Android and love WebOS for its beauty and simplicity, at least I can listen to my mp3 files on CM7's Frankensteinian, cobbled together system unfettered. Come on, HP either step up your game and fix this problem *immediately*, or open the source and give it away so people who actually care about WebOS can do it instead. This is ridiculous.
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast