webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > Distorted Noise on Touchpad
Distorted Noise on Touchpad
  Reply
Like Tree25Likes

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02/13/2012, 03:06 PM   #361 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
The only sure-fire way to make the sound go normal for me is to do as someone else suggested.

1. Hit power button to shut off screen
2. Count to 10. No cheating use real seconds not fast ones
3. Turn screen back on
4. Do an optional dance
I was skeptical, but this has worked for me 100% of the time since I first tried it. It certainly beats rebooting!
jayteeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/13/2012, 09:17 PM   #362 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 18
another option minus the reboot might be running the following on xecutah > xterm

stop pulseaudio audiod
start pulseaudio audiod
__________________
Long Live Web0S!

Zire 71 > Tunsgten T|X > Tungsten T|3 > Treo 650 > Treo 680> HP Veer 4G && HP Touchpad
illuniel-webos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/14/2012, 04:28 AM   #363 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Jest View Post
This is interesting... Last night I got my advance exchange touchpad (which of course has issues and has to also be replaced -.-) and among it's other problems, the audio was really distorted coming from the headphone jack. I put 3.0.4 on it immediately, so I don't know if that caused it, but now that you guys are talking about this, I'll have to check that out when I get home and see if it isn't a hardware issue.

EDIT: Well, it appears the jack does work and a restart cured the issue. That's really not cool. HP better fix that ASAP.
It's rather a shame that audio (speakers/headset) and screen brightness (ever notice how sometimes you set at 1% and have to tap the power button to make the screen go off and one to lower it all the way) are STILL issues since 2009? *shrug* I wonder if Pulse Audio Restarter could be modded to include this...happens to me a lot, and no apparent rhyme or reason.

Last edited by copasetic; 02/14/2012 at 04:30 AM. Reason: afterthought
copasetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/15/2012, 12:14 PM   #364 (permalink)
Member
 
chaosdivine's Avatar
 
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizWhiz View Post
The only sure-fire way to make the sound go normal for me is to do as someone else suggested.

1. Hit power button to shut off screen
2. Count to 10. No cheating use real seconds not fast ones
3. Turn screen back on
4. Do an optional dance
This worked for me too but with a little help from someone else who posted previously so I have revised the instructions accordingly:

1. Mute your Touchpad by selecting Mute Sound from the dropdown menu up by the clock (top right corner of your TouchPad interface).
2. Press the power button for about half a second to put the TouchPad into hibernation, shutting off the screen. Do not press and hold the power button or you will get the shut down menu.
3. Count to 10. Use real seconds, not fast ones - no cheating!
4. Turn the screen back on by pressing the power button for a quick half second once more.
5. Adjust the volume up on the volume rocker and you will hear that the distortion has gone away.
6. Do an optional dance!
chaosdivine is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by Hook, MartinH@webos
Old 03/05/2012, 01:12 PM   #365 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosdivine View Post
This worked for me too but with a little help from someone else who posted previously so I have revised the instructions accordingly:

1. Mute your Touchpad by selecting Mute Sound from the dropdown menu up by the clock (top right corner of your TouchPad interface).
2. Press the power button for about half a second to put the TouchPad into hibernation, shutting off the screen. Do not press and hold the power button or you will get the shut down menu.
3. Count to 10. Use real seconds, not fast ones - no cheating!
4. Turn the screen back on by pressing the power button for a quick half second once more.
5. Adjust the volume up on the volume rocker and you will hear that the distortion has gone away.
6. Do an optional dance!
It's working for me too.. And it's faster than a device restart !
avelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/2012, 09:46 AM   #366 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 7
while audio is playing, short press power button. Sound will continue to play distorted then it SHOULD suddenly go back to normal. Short press power button to turn on again.

this has always worked for me
leslie7622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2012, 12:17 PM   #367 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 21
Well I know this is a really old thread, but I have to ask a couple of questions. I too have this problem, and I also had it on my View Sonic G-Tablet. Coincidentally enough I had versions of ICS installed on both tablets (the G-Tab was not a dual boot though). Does everyone having this audio issue also have Android installed on their TP? I didn't read thru all 19 pages, but I'm wondering if anyone checked to see if an Android installation could be the cause of the distortion issue?
explor202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/04/2012, 12:34 PM   #368 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by explor202 View Post
Well I know this is a really old thread, but I have to ask a couple of questions. I too have this problem, and I also had it on my View Sonic G-Tablet. Coincidentally enough I had versions of ICS installed on both tablets (the G-Tab was not a dual boot though). Does everyone having this audio issue also have Android installed on their TP? I didn't read thru all 19 pages, but I'm wondering if anyone checked to see if an Android installation could be the cause of the distortion issue?
Not at all, I've had this problem even with no Android installed. It doesn't make any difference.

Truth is, it happens a lot less on 3.0.5, but it still does
__________________
Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
Needs: Veer (anyone?)
Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
Twitter: @cesarneg
NuttyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by explor202, Vistaus
Old 09/04/2012, 12:34 PM   #369 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by explor202 View Post
Well I know this is a really old thread, but I have to ask a couple of questions. I too have this problem, and I also had it on my View Sonic G-Tablet. Coincidentally enough I had versions of ICS installed on both tablets (the G-Tab was not a dual boot though). Does everyone having this audio issue also have Android installed on their TP? I didn't read thru all 19 pages, but I'm wondering if anyone checked to see if an Android installation could be the cause of the distortion issue?
I got the distortion problem right after the last webOS update (I think that was the case for most), and long before I put ICS on it 2 or 3 weeks ago
Landslug is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: explor202
Old 09/04/2012, 12:41 PM   #370 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landslug View Post
I got the distortion problem right after the last webOS update (I think that was the case for most), and long before I put ICS on it 2 or 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
Not at all, I've had this problem even with no Android installed. It doesn't make any difference.

Truth is, it happens a lot less on 3.0.5, but it still does
Well, it was just a thought
explor202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2012, 11:04 AM   #371 (permalink)
Member
 
voltageROCK's Avatar
 
Posts: 791
I haven't used my touchpad as often lately but I have been recently and got the distorted sound after about an hour of use. I remembered I saw a thread about different ways to fix this but this one is the best. Who thought of this? Genius!

oh I'm doing the dance which was optional btw.

I was using the YouTube playing a video, shutting off screen, then turning screen on and fixing distortion method prior to this. Thanks all!
__________________
I am equivalent to a man dammit.
voltageROCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by Vistaus likes this.
Old 09/08/2012, 11:17 AM   #372 (permalink)
Moderator

 
sledge007's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,335
I generally leave TouchVol (Preware app) open, when I'm using Music Remix Player, as I increase the headset volume anyway, and it has a built-in Pulse Audio Restarter in the top-left menu.
__________________
Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
sledge007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2012, 01:22 PM   #373 (permalink)
Member
 
GMMan's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,136
Something interesting I noticed is the sound will usually fix itself after 10 minutes or so. I stopped bothering to restart PulseAudio any more.
__________________
Contact: @GMMan_BZFlag (me on Twitter)
webOS Releases: Change your App Catalog country: TouchPad/PC | TouchPad/webOS Resources | Search suggestion patch for browser | Cycling Email Notifications | Don't Doctor! Make a good support request. | How to post logs | webOS Charge Monitor
GMMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/01/2012, 04:04 PM   #374 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 20
wow i really wish i'd found this thread before my power went out from hurricane sandy and i was stuck with my TP sans internet access lol. i was so well-prepared with movies loaded up and the sound was just so awful that i didnt use it.
Spaceman Spliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/03/2012, 12:09 AM   #375 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 287
When I get the distorted sound I just make a quick Skype call to Echo123. That always fixes it right away. But maybe that wouldn't work with no internet service.
Semma2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

 

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0