Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    That is an invalid assumption

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Evidence would suggest otherwise.
    kulf likes this.
    Yep. Still present in 3.0.5.xxx (whatever). Happened the first time I paired the TP to a BT radio attached to my home stereo. I shut off BT, but still had the "blown speaker" sound effect coming out of the TP. Tried the Pulse Audio Restart ap, but that did not remedy the sound problem. Reboot cleared it.

If it's any consolation, I've been playing with 3.0.5 for most of the afternoon, and this only happened on that one occasion.
    Is this sound problem related to putting the TP in sleep while in an application. I find that it happens only when this happens, and not everytime? Anyone else seeing this ?
    Last edited by NorbB; 01/29/2012 at 09:31 AM.
    Is this sound problem related to putting the TP in sleep while in an application. I find that it happens only when this happens, and not evertime? Anyone else seeing this ?
    Yes, I think I can confirm this issue to 90% of the times.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    webOS is simply fabulous

TouchPad’s Virtual Keyboard Layouts: http://forums.webosnation.com/member...d-layouts.html
    in isagar2004’s post: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...rrow-keys.html
    Quote Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
    Evidence would suggest otherwise.
    Many other bugs were fixed in 3.0.5, so the fact that one particular bug remains in no way invalidates the fact that bugs are indeed still being fixed. I believe that evidence trumps your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Many other bugs were fixed in 3.0.5, so the fact that one particular bug remains in no way invalidates the fact that bugs are indeed still being fixed. I believe that evidence trumps your own.
    Making the cal app faster is nice but someone in HP needs to set some priorities, fixing these basic type bugs should be # 1, and they should send out patches quicker to fix these. Heck who wants a tablet that the sound, or wifi , or browser stops loading pages do not work.
    I think we will get nothing until Sept. and open webos 1.0, lets hope these bugs don't come with it.
    This sound issue has my goat because we get it so often, drives me nuts. I wrote the CEO about it, she didn't do much yet
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    The only sure-fire way to make the sound go normal for me is to do as someone else suggested.

1. Hit power button to shut off screen
    2. Count to 10. No cheating use real seconds not fast ones
    3. Turn screen back on
    4. Do an optional dance
    I am using the "Restart Pulse Audio" option in TouchVol app. It can resolve the problem so far without having to re-boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxbg View Post
    I am using the "Restart Pulse Audio" option in TouchVol app. It can resolve the problem so far without having to re-boot.
    I just initiate a Skype call, then end the call as soon as it starts to ring (add "echo123" as a contact - it's the Skype test service). Works fine as a temporary fix.
    I have found the problem a lot more in 3.0.5. And now most of the time pulesaudio does not do anything and I need to do a full restart (luna restart not having an affect)
    Soul Brother likes this.
    Never had this problem until 3.0.5 now every time I grab my touchpad from the touchstone it happens and the only way to fix it is a full device restart. Luna restart does not fix the problem. Grrr. Wish I never updated.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I've had the noise problem since 3.0.4. I doctored to 3.0.5, and it finally made the noise last night. I've always done the lock screen for 10 seconds routine. It has only not worked once, which required a restart.
    I found that when I removed the increase volume patch, all the distortion problems went away...seems like there are many solutions, probably a problem that will never get completely fixed..

laterzzzzz.....
    32g and playing
    Quote Originally Posted by neobaptist View Post
    I went to use my TouchPad today and it was acting really weird. It would bring up the Launcher. If I selected an app the icon would light up, dim, and never load. I attempted to reset is by holding down the power button but it didn't bring up the menu. I also notice that the sound was distorted when opening and closing the launcher. I was able to connect it to Quick Install and uninstalled a random patch to get device to do a Luna restart. Once it was on it still had a distorted noise as if the speakers where blown. I connected my headset and the noise through the headset was also distorted. Powered it off and back on. The sound worked fine for a few seconds and then went to being distorted again. I used the PulseAudio restarter and mute/unmute device audio, but neither fixed the problem. For now I am just having to power cycle it to get the sound working for a while at a time when I want

I did install the latest update and was wondering if anyone else had this problem? Could it be a result of HP attempting to fix the previous problems with pulse audio?

If it is just me I will hard reset my Touchpad, but if it's effecting more people I would rather wait and see if an easier solution is available.
    I had this very same thing happen to mine. I kept having issues and the pulse restarter, power cycles, etc...were not helping. I actually called my HP support contact who explained the way the webos doctor works and advised me to try that. It took 15 minutes and my issue was resolved. What we collaboratively gathered was that the initial update may have corrupted the sound driver. A second update only compounded the problem. By using webos doctor, you are completely reflashing the operating system with the latest update already configured in. It worked so well that I actually redo webos @ every update from HP. It takes me 15-30 minutes start to finish and a bit longer for apps to load but its all automatic. Each update that comes out replaces more and more patches so there are only a few that I have to redo when I format and reload. Just a thought
    It will happen again.. I promise.
    I contacted HP WebOS support via chat on Friday regarding the scratchy sound issue. At first the TSR wanted me to do a full erase, but I explained this had been tried. He put me on hold for a while then came back and said they are aware of the issue. He also said he had no info on a fix. When I asked if it could be an app causing the problem' he said "No, it might be the software on the device."

He took my contact info and said they would send the info to (engineering). I'm sure they have been informed by many others, but I thought it couldn't hurt.
    They've known about the issue since it first appeared in 3.0.4. IMHO, 3.0.5 should not have been released while this very obvious problem remained (in fact, it's probably worse with 3.0.5 as it seems to happen even more often).

Hard to believe they still don't have a fix.
    re: "They've known about the issue since it first appeared in 3.0.4."

You're right, but since it's been getting more annoying, I thought it couldn't hurt to let them know we haven't forgotten about it.

Happens on all 3 of our TP's at least weekly.
    The tech industry loves to blame things on "corrupt files", but really, it doesn't happen nearly as often as tech support would like you to believe.

It's either a hardware failure that was triggered by something in the 3.0.4 and Android sound drivers, or it's a software failure in those drivers. Which effectively comes down to, it's a software problem in those drivers, that will need to be dealt with.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Just to chime in here, I have experienced the problem with both webOS 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 as well as Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich (CM9). It happens when the screen shuts off while playing music in the background, but not all the time. Letting the TouchPad sit for a few minutes without any audio playing seems to fix the issue for a short while, but it invariably returns.