Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by urq20v View Post
    The distortion is happening on my TP nearly every day now.Luckily pressing the sleep button and waiting until the sound stops then waking it immediately fixes it every time.
    Come on HP,pull your finger out and get this fixed! You are losing all credibility!
    Only "fix" for me is to restart Luna. None of these other "fixes" do squat. So weird how we all have the same problem and some fixes work for some but not for others.
    Pros: The pills were there.
    Cons: So was the tank.
    Thanks to the person that recommended the Pulse Audio Restart app. It works great.
  3. J A
    Have the same audio problem. It seems random and is fixed by a reboot but its just annoying. Just have to wait for the next update whenever it happens and hope this annoying glitch is fixed.

Anyone have working theories or fixes(aside from pulse audio whatever that is) on this problem? Maybe its some glitch with beats audio feature? even though the only user setting is on/off. I guess I'll test with it turned off for a few days and see if it happens. Seem like it only happens when playing video, flash video, and not when its just audio..maybe that's in my head.
    I don't know much about the inner workings of a tablet computer but I do enjoy this touchpad flaws and all.
    I just really hate bugs, specifically ones that I can't reliably recreate...and especially ones that didn't exist until after an update.
    Just yesterday I rebooted my 3.0.4 Touchpad as I had lost the ability to pan within emails, and inside of 2 minutes I had distorted sound. Following the reboot the very first noise the Touchpad made (a new mail system sound notification) was distorted. It's ridiculous.

The quickest solution I've found is to make a Skype call by dialling the Echo test number - this resets the sound system until the next audio distortion.

Glad I got the Touchpad in the firesale, but in hindsight with all these lingering bugs, issues and no word on fixes I'm slowly coming to the conclusion I still paid too much.
    I know this will jinx me, but since I received my replacement touchpad (two weeks ago), I haven't had a single distorted audio issue... before, I was getting it several times a day.

Now that I've said that, I'm sure the problem will come up! LOL

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    it's definitely the latest version of webos. something was changed. never had the issue before.

It's not a big deal because i don't often listen to music. i did download the pulse audio but it's actually kind of embarrassing when you try to show off the tablet as this great thing and the sound screws up.....

I don't understand why they can't release patches to fix things more quickly instead of doing "major" releases.
    this is annoying, none of the suggestions work for me. I didn't want to have to reboot since it takes like 5minutes for the touchpad to boot up, but I'm going to have to. One time It randomly fixed itself.

Annoying. Happens too often
    I use my touchpad on the treadmill while I watch movies or TV shows. It really makes the run harder trying to reboot to correct a problem that shouldn't be occurring. Grrrr hurry up 3.05.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Distorted audio happened to me for the first time today. Thought I had blown my headphones at first but happens with and without the headphones plugged in. Luna restart and audio pulse restarter didn't work. will do a hard reset to see if its any good but its annoying it has happened at all
    Yeah, we all get this, it is a part of great the HP quality and Touchpad experience ! All you need to do is a shutdown & restart.
    this works for me every time. Mute the touchpad, turn off the screen, power it back on, then un mute. The sound should then be fixed........ Temporarily at least.
    Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre Plus --> Palm Pre 2--> TOUCHPAD 32gb
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I think this has something to do with putting display into sleep. I just had some music playing, put the display into sleep with the music playing and the song cut in and out a few times. Then it came back and was distorted. Has no one tried working on a patch for this besides the pulseaudio restarter?
    I get distorted sound quite often. The solution that works for me is to open TouchVol app, open the app menu (sweep down from top left), and tap Restart Pulse Audio. It does exactly that, so the sound disappears altogether for a second or two, and then comes back crystal clear. For some reason the standalone Restart Pulse Audio app, which I tried before, had no effect whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrd34d View Post
    I think this has something to do with putting display into sleep. I just had some music playing, put the display into sleep with the music playing and the song cut in and out a few times. Then it came back and was distorted. Has no one tried working on a patch for this besides the pulseaudio restarter?
    I have the exact same problem, where Pandora or the Amazon Cloud Player, both playing through the browser, skip or stop when the screen locks. Has anyone else had this problem? More importantly, have you found what causes it?
    I just had this problem for the first time. And i have had TP since it first went on sale on July 1. I had the distorted sound via speakers. However, with my plantronics bluetooth headset with a2dp profile, the sound was fine. I restarted my TP and everything is ok now. Will see if it comes back.
    Sent via HP TouchPad using Forums
    This isn't fixed after 3.0.5......fyi.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    This isn't fixed after 3.0.5......fyi.
    Awesome.

ian
    rbyrne likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Awesome.

ian
    That was my sentiment as well.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Surely the reporting of webOS bugs must now be considered a monumental waste of time? I always suspected that was the case but since this bug hasn't been addressed there can no longer be any doubt.
    NorbB and kulf like this.
    That is an invalid assumption

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities