Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    It just shows how people aren't reading the thread. It's not patches! My new unpatched Touchpad has done it more than my older patched one. And the YouTube+screen off solution doesn't work on the new one, unlike the old one.
    The distortion is happening on my TP nearly every day now.Luckily pressing the sleep button and waiting until the sound stops then waking it immediately fixes it every time.
    Come on HP,pull your finger out and get this fixed! You are losing all credibility!
    Last edited by urq20v; 11/22/2011 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    It just shows how people aren't reading the thread. It's not patches! My new unpatched Touchpad has done it more than my older patched one. And the YouTube+screen off solution doesn't work on the new one, unlike the old one.
    Yep, it's not patches. It's happening on my wife's TP which has never had Preware or any homebrew installed on it.
    I dont have any of the apps others have mentioned here.
    I have never used the increase volume patch.
    I dont even know what pulse audio is?

I also have this sound issue on my 3.0.4, restart is only thing that fixes it.
    annoyed here ... Just started getting the distorted (tinny sound) randomly this last week
    I have no preware or special modifications other than logging
    running most recent OS
    restart Is the only current fix
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    annoyed here ... Just started getting the distorted (tinny sound) randomly this last week
    running most recent OS
    download the Pulse Audio restarter package linked in this thread. It fixes the issue first try for me about 95% of the time without requiring a restart.
    Pulse Audio restarter has fixed it exactly 0% of the time for me, so YMMV regarding that.

I also generally have to do the 'play video and send the pad to sleep' trick a few times before it finally works. Everyone who says it doesn't work: try it like five times, keeping the pad in sleep for more than a second, and see if it works. It's a pain in the **** alright but it's quicker than a reboot (because a Luna restart has never worked for me)
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGiant11 View Post
    download the Pulse Audio restarter package linked in this thread. It fixes the issue first try for me about 95% of the time without requiring a restart.
    guess you missed the part where I said I don't have preware installed
    I'm interested in a real fix not a work around
    There Is no real fix, only a work around. I wouldn't get snippy with a poster that suggests a method to help with an issue you are having in a free support community, even if it is not ideal--you might not get help next time.

The real fix will come when the folks at HP decide to release a new webOS update. Hopefully, they also fix autocorrect and the issue with the accelerometer!
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    CardiffGiant11 likes this.
    Back off, they can only fix one or two things at a time.

I hope it's fixed in 3.0.5, because none of the solutions work on my new Touchpad. My other one that I'm not using anymore, the video solution worked. On the new one, it doesn't matter how many times I try, it isn't going to work right until I reboot it.
    Back off, they can only fix one or two things at a time.

Don't you mean HP can only fix one or two thing once a month?
    guess you missed the part where I said I don't have preware installed
    I'm interested in a real fix not a work around
    seeing as you didn't mention it in your post, yes I missed that part

I totally agree, it needs to get fixed was just offering an alternative that takes less time than a restart.
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGiant11 View Post
    seeing as you didn't mention it in your post, yes I missed that part

I totally agree, it needs to get fixed was just offering an alternative that takes less time than a restart.

running most recent OS
    thanks for the heads up on Pulse Audio but I am aware of it .... just not interested
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    It's starting to get REALLY annoying. It happens to me every day. I realised that it happens when I leave the HPT off for about 2 hours+.
    The only way I can get the sound back is by hard resetting, resetting Lunar is quicker, but it does nothing!
    I do have a few Homebrew apps/patches.. but this is ridiculous.

I need to try the method where you turn the screen off while something is playing. Hope it works for now. Come on HP! Do something!
    Use a YouTube video, and be patient. It wasn't working on my new one, because I wasn't waiting long enough. My other one stopped the video much sooner when I turned the screen off.
    Quote Originally Posted by mibaksh View Post
    you were not alone it happened to me as we'll.
    I restarted though and that solved it for me. Been working ever since.
    this is in reference to the distorted audio alone.
    FWIW same t hing happened to me, distorted audio, restart fixed it.
    Having same issue here. Just like everyone else (3.0.4).

Manual shut down/restart is how I've been temporarily fixing it.
    Global Posts
    283 Global Posts
    Use a YouTube video, and be patient. It wasn't working on my new one, because I wasn't waiting long enough. My other one stopped the video much sooner when I turned the screen off.
    sleep for a few seconds with a youtube video playing works for me and Is the fastest work around I can find for now.
    i've had this problem while playing any type of flash audio if the screen ends up 'going to sleep' (specifically through subsonic, since its using a flash player)

the problem starts for me at least as soon as the screen goes to 'sleep mode' once it comes out of that sometimes (not always) the sound is crackly, you can usually fix it by putting your screen to sleep a few times and waking it up.

the odd thing about this is when i first got my touchpad, the screen would never go to sleep enough to make audio stop playing, but now (whether its a patch or something that I've installed that I didn't have before) the screen now goes fully to sleep shutting off the audio as well, causing this problem, before the audio would keep going even though the screen had went 'to sleep'.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I remember when it first happened to me, I was so worried that there was something wrong with my TP. After a reboot though, it's been fine.

Every once in a while I still get it. I have a few patches from Preware and the keyboard arrow patch, but even before I installed them I had the same problems. I also recall having the problem before updating to 3.0.4, but maybe I'm just imagining things.