Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    My issue started after installing "IAmA reddit" Homebrew via preware on the Touchpad at v3.0.4. This install was on 11/08/11. I first noticed the issue while playing Angry birds. I could not get any sound via the speakers. The sound would come and go requiring a reboot of the device.

Now that I have uninstalled "IAmA reddit" I am no longer having the issue. I never had the issue prior to 11/08/11, and uninstalled "IAmA reddit" on 11/11/11
    Just to reiterate, it has nothing to do with patches or homebrew as far as we can tell, it's happening on touchpads that don't even have preware installed.

Having said that thanks for the updated PulseAudio restarter, works beautifully when the issue occurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    I actually do think that it could be related (although I don't have that patch installed and never had). Playing around I saw, that the error triggers massive clipping in ALSA. I guess that audiod somehow introduces an amplification on the samples that sometimes goes amok.
    Will the new version be showing up in Preware soon?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    It's not my package

/Edit: In case you didn't see it: I already posted a link to the modified ipkg, which you can install directly from there. Could the OP maybe add the link to the first page?
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    It's not my package

/Edit: In case you didn't see it: I already posted a link to the modified ipkg, which you can install directly from there. Could the OP maybe add the link to the first page?
    Didn't realize it wasn't yours--I just assumed it was since you posted the modified ipkg. I usually only install through Preware or the app catalog that's why I was asking. (Last thing I installed that wasn't in Preware or the regular app catalog created a major problem on my TP...).
    Quote Originally Posted by CardiffGiant11 View Post
    Just to reiterate, it has nothing to do with patches or homebrew as far as we can tell, it's happening on touchpads that don't even have preware installed.

Having said that thanks for the updated PulseAudio restarter, works beautifully when the issue occurs.
    I beg to differ. I reinstalled "IAmA reddit" and received the sound issues once again.Removed "IAmA reddit" again and now sound is perfect. "IAmA reddit" may not be the direct problem but it worked in my situation. BTW, "Pulseaudio Restarter" had no impact on resolving the sound issue as long as "IAmA reddit" was installed. It did absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by duckeedoug; 11/13/2011 at 05:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by duckeedoug View Post
    I beg to differ. I reinstalled "IAmA reddit" and received the sound issues once again.Removed "IAmA reddit" again and now sound is perfect. "IAmA reddit" may not be the direct problem but it worked in my situation. BTW, "Pulseaudio Restarter" had no impact on resolving the sound issue as long as "IAmA reddit" was installed. It did absolutely nothing.
    I have the audio issue, and don't use that app, it's something broken in 3.0.4.
    VCI_Cell likes this.
    Happened to me last night.
    Distorted out of one side. Sound like the audio is being overdriven.
    P
    Quote Originally Posted by s7mx1 View Post
    For those having distorted audio could you try my gzip tar ball which contains modified pulseaudio configuration files:
    Code:
    /etc/pulse/system.pa
    /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
    /etc/event.d/pulseaudio
    You need download the attachment, unzip it and transfer the gzip tar ball (pulseaudio.tgz) to the touchpad. Before extracting to root (/) you will need to remount root as read and write and take a back up of the above files. After extracting you will need to restart pulseaudio by
    Code:
    initctl stop pulseaudio
    initctl start pulseaudio
    Useful commands:

Remount root as read and write
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    Extract pulseaudio.tgz
    Code:
    cd /
    tar xzf /media/internal/pulseaudio.tgz
    Assume you transferred the pulseaudio.tgz to the media partition.
    Has anyone tried this yet and can report their results? Thanks.
    It's definitely HP's fault.

I doctored my Touchpad to 3.04 again using Webos doctor. I started a brand new
    profile and had zero apps installed, other than whatever came preinstalled with
    the Touchpad.

After a few hours, the sound out of the speaker became distorted. Shutting the
    touchpad down and restarted it solved the problem. however, it always comes
    back at random times.

is HP aware of this issue?
    I have this distorted noise issue sometimes - it goes away with a reboot.

It seems to return when using Flash heavy sites?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Count me in this distorted group... a restart solved this issue so far...
    What has HP got to say about this.
    They have caused this problem, I don't see why it should be down to the user to try and find a work around.
    Quote Originally Posted by neobaptist View Post
    I went to use my TouchPad today and it was acting really weird. It would bring up the Launcher. If I selected an app the icon would light up, dim, and never load. I attempted to reset is by holding down the power button but it didn't bring up the menu. I also notice that the sound was distorted when opening and closing the launcher. I was able to connect it to Quick Install and uninstalled a random patch to get device to do a Luna restart. Once it was on it still had a distorted noise as if the speakers where blown. I connected my headset and the noise through the headset was also distorted. Powered it off and back on. The sound worked fine for a few seconds and then went to being distorted again. I used the PulseAudio restarter and mute/unmute device audio, but neither fixed the problem. For now I am just having to power cycle it to get the sound working for a while at a time when I want

I did install the latest update and was wondering if anyone else had this problem? Could it be a result of HP attempting to fix the previous problems with pulse audio?

If it is just me I will hard reset my Touchpad, but if it's effecting more people I would rather wait and see if an easier solution is available.
    Dang, mine are now blown out too. Like another poster mentioned , it started with no volume during Angry Birds.

I restarted, and it's better, but I don't think it's as good as it used to be, which is a shame because these speakers used to kicked it out, loud and clear.

HP needs a fix ASAP!
    I have noticed this problem myself. I have Touchvol installed on 1.5 kernal. Lot's of apps installed but gradually dumping them after trying them out. I initially blamed Touchvol but have noticed the problem without loading Touchvol.

My solution is just to keep reading the reports here and install the patch when it comes.

A reboot always cleans things up. I've been playing FLAC files and watching Video. I don't do much with the games... well, except Quell.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlaser View Post
    I have noticed this problem myself. I have Touchvol installed on 1.5 kernal. Lot's of apps installed but gradually dumping them after trying them out. I initially blamed Touchvol but have noticed the problem without loading Touchvol.

My solution is just to keep reading the reports here and install the patch when it comes.

A reboot always cleans things up. I've been playing FLAC files and watching Video. I don't do much with the games... well, except Quell.
    Yes.. in my reckoning the Audio problem was around before Touchvol arrived and had finally sorted itself out!
    3.0.4 is the culprit in my opinion and hopefully 3.0.5/6 (whatever) will rectify it and not instead give us a whole new batch of stupidness to have to live with on our beloved TPs!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Yes.. in my reckoning the Audio problem was around before Touchvol arrived and had finally sorted itself out!
    3.0.4 is the culprit in my opinion and hopefully 3.0.5/6 (whatever) will rectify it and not instead give us a whole new batch of stupidness to have to live with on our beloved TPs!
    3.0.4 is not the culprit, as I had it when on 3.0.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    I just read in another thread about someone having this issue. They had to remove HomeBrew app 'Increase Touchpad Volume Lite', reboot the device and the crackly sound was fixed. I hope this helps.
    This solved it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Awats View Post
    This solved it for me.
    Unfortunately it won't be permanent -- at least it wasn't for me.
    My TP does not contain any mods and today it got the sound distortion. Rebooted it and now it's fine. Hopefully it does not come back.