Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Had the problem once after 3.0.4 installed the day it was released. Restart fixed it. HIGHLY recommend removing all homebrew patches before OTA upgrade. It is easy to use preware to save list of patches, remove all, and then after upgrade, automatically reapply the versions of the patches appropriate for the new release. REALLY want to learn how to use the homebrew tools to maintain you system ...if HP is serious about abandoning this product. My current FAVORITE app from Preware is TouchVol... Remove any other volume boost app or patch and use this to control, 3D effects, boost, balance, equalizer, etc.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    Why do people keep saying to clean their TPs to avoid this bug? Plenty of people have
    experienced this bug with absolutely clean (unpatched, or freshly Doctored) TPs.

ian
    filmor_ and Evilcyber like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Why do people keep saying to clean their TPs to avoid this bug? Plenty of people have
    experienced this bug with absolutely clean (unpatched, or freshly Doctored) TPs.

ian
    Yes, the audio problem has nothing to do with patches. Someone else on here had a faster fix for it than a restart and has worked for me. Play something with audio that would stop playing when you lock the screen such as a youtube video. Lock the screen while it is going, wait for it to stop playing, then unlock. Audio back to normal.
    I have had that happen to me several times after the 3.0.4 update.

Fastest way to fix it that I've found is to start pulse audio restarter and then immediately press the power button.

For some reason I've found that the audio will get fuzzy on screen off.
    Last edited by denailp; 11/24/2011 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    What worked for me was restarting "audiod".
    Code:
    stop audiod && start audiod
    Thanks, I iinstalled Xecutah and related X apps to try this next time I hit the sound problem.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

What worked for me was restarting "audiod".
    Code:
    stop audiod && start audiod
    worked perfectly hopefully someone can come up with a preware app or patch so we can run this from an icon like the pulse audio thing
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    That is trivial, I'll prepare an "extended" Pulseaudio Restarter later.
    Quote Originally Posted by s7mx1 View Post
    For those having distorted audio could you try my gzip tar ball which contains modified pulseaudio configuration files:
    Code:
    /etc/pulse/system.pa
    /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
    /etc/event.d/pulseaudio
    You need download the attachment, unzip it and transfer the gzip tar ball (pulseaudio.tgz) to the touchpad. Before extracting to root (/) you will need to remount root as read and write and take a back up of the above files. After extracting you will need to restart pulseaudio by
    Code:
    initctl stop pulseaudio
    initctl start pulseaudio
    Useful commands:

Remount root as read and write
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    Extract pulseaudio.tgz
    Code:
    cd /
    tar xzf /media/internal/pulseaudio.tgz
    Assume you transferred the pulseaudio.tgz to the media partition.
    hmmm has anyone tried this yet?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Okay here it is:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12499216/com..._1.0.1_all.ipk

I patched it to restart audiod and pulseaudio, but as I haven't had the problem on my Touchpad for a while I couldn't test it yet.
    Techy likes this.
    I don't know if this is related, but I haven't had a single audio problem since I removed the "Increase Touchpad Volume (Lite)" patch.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    I actually do think that it could be related (although I don't have that patch installed and never had). Playing around I saw, that the error triggers massive clipping in ALSA. I guess that audiod somehow introduces an amplification on the samples that sometimes goes amok.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    I don't know if this is related, but I haven't had a single audio problem since I removed the "Increase Touchpad Volume (Lite)" patch.
    FWIW, I have never installed this patch but have experienced the problem (when streaming a radio program), admittedly not very often.
    Okay here it is:

I patched it to restart audiod and pulseaudio, but as I haven't had the problem on my Touchpad for a while I couldn't test it yet.
    I was able to correct the distorted audio with this ipk.
    Here are the steps I took.

1) Copied the dropbox URL and pasted it into Preware using Install Package.
    2) Restart the device.
    3) Connect to home wifi ssid and open Music Player to play a song to hear normal playback as well as system sounds like App Launcher and flick up to close.
    4) Put the Touchpad into Airplane Mode, go commute to work in car with Touchpad (about 30-40 minutes).
    5) Turn on Touchpad and put on Touchstone charger, immediately notice distorted Batttery Charging and App Launcher sounds.
    6) Launch PulseAudio Restarter - v.1.0.1 and let it close.
    7) Notice the Volume overlay displaying, be patient for 5 or 6 seconds, and the Touchpad audio sounds normal again.
    Okay here it is:
    Haven't had my audio go down for a while too, and wouldn't you know, right this instant it went into low-bitrate mode. Installed your restarter, works like a charm.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Same thing happened to me, but I thought it resulted when I dropped my TouchPad on the ground and damaged the volume rocker. Glad to know other people have this issue. I'm certain this is a software issue because my CR-48 had this same problem and Google released an update that fixed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by d12r View Post
    Haven't had my audio go down for a while too, and wouldn't you know, right this instant it went into low-bitrate mode. Installed your restarter, works like a charm.
    thx, so far so good!
    well I finally figured out how to get the audio cracking noise.. people talk about, I never really had it happen before but tonight I was listening to streaming audio and plugged in my TP and the system sound (charging) interupted the audio and from that point it was cracking. I closed the window reopened it and the sound was back to normal, no reboot needed. But ya annoying.. not sure what the fix would be for this though, but it is 100% caused when the system sound plays while another audio is playing. This is the only time I was able to create this noise. (I admit I didn't read all the posts so maybe this was already said :P)
    Okay here it is:

Installed this and so far it seems to fix the sound distortion problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilSeastrand View Post
    Figures, not 2 hours after I wrote this I had the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by tidoubleger View Post
    Yes, the audio problem has nothing to do with patches. Someone else on here had a faster fix for it than a restart and has worked for me. Play something with audio that would stop playing when you lock the screen such as a youtube video. Lock the screen while it is going, wait for it to stop playing, then unlock. Audio back to normal.
    This worked for me too. Thanks. Have only had this happen three times, but it's rather annoying.