Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just started to get this issue over the last couple of days, getting annoying.
    Count me in, too. No problems before 3.0.4
    Absolutely horrible sound. Makes you think the speakers are broken.
    Also, it isn't cooperating with Touchstone well anymore - exhibition mode doesn't start sometimes, so the screen never sleeps.
    Reboot fixes that. Also, screw autocorrect..
    Stock TP here and I just got my TP back from repair for cracked case.

Did the 3.0.4 update, then did my own restart as I knew about the sound issue and hoped to avoid it.

Almost immediately a YouTube video had the crackling sound issue. Restart fixed it. I tried the switches in the Sound panel first and no go on that.

This is really annoying bug.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Forgive me for not reading this entire thread, but I did read the last few pages.

Has anyone tried using the PulseAudio Restarter App? Does this solve the distorted sound issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Panhandle View Post
    Forgive me for not reading this entire thread, but I did read the last few pages.

Has anyone tried using the PulseAudio Restarter App? Does this solve the distorted sound issue?
    Try reading the thread. That doesn't work but there's another workaround posted.
    pulse Is a no go. I tried it all 30x, no fix. I think one guy somewhere in one thread tried and it worked. Lol at this point you gotta just laugh. Iv accepted my fate. HP has us all by the #$!# unless hb comes to the rescue. Or we all Dr back to 3.0.2 and install old 3.0.2 patches and wait this out.

I might make a game of it. Every time my tp loses normal sound I'll take a shot. At the rate my tp is going, considering I use it all day long, I won't make it past noon.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by vella_ View Post
    I think one guy somewhere in one thread tried and it worked.
    Yeah, I was that guy. This was right after I had uninstalled "Increase Volume" and the sound was distorted (after reboot and all). I tried "stop pulseaudio" and then "start pulseaudio" and it fixed it. I haven't been able to do it again
    The Original Owner of the AT&T Pre3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soorma View Post
    Yeah, I was that guy. This was right after I had uninstalled "Increase Volume" and the sound was distorted (after reboot and all). I tried "stop pulseaudio" and then "start pulseaudio" and it fixed it. I haven't been able to do it again
    yeeeeep, I tried it after I read your post.

fail.

I too frowned. I find this thread is now a support group. Those of us affected with tpds (touchpad distorted sound).

hope is out there.

I think?
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.''`-Space Balls

What doesn't kill you now, is probably a cyborg sent from the future to protect you.

Global Posts
    502 Global Posts
    I still have hope!...at the very least dual boot with android
    Quote Originally Posted by atg284 View Post
    I still have hope!...at the very least dual boot with android
    Cm7 sounds like the speakers are blown with the screen off playing music. No hope there at the moment.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    No "benefit" from 3.0.4 is worth this. How did HP manage to screw up this badly?
    To be honest, they could have released 3.0.2 with the common patches most people apply, including a 1.5GHz kernel, released it as an update, and called it a day. It was fine..
    same for me, updated and had distorted sound. Soft reset fixed the issue :-)

Here's the workaround if you encounter distorted noise and don't want to reboot your touchpad.

1) Hit the power button to turn off the screen while music is playing. A youtube video playing in the browser works great. Playing an mp3 works too.

2) After the screen is off, click and hold the power button until the music goes in then out.

Or do it the hard way and reboot your TP.

Thanks to next_milenium post #154
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 11/01/2011 at 07:43 AM.
    Isandunk and Soorma like this.
    Interesting... I have been noticing an intermittent problem with the TP when I put it onto the TouchStone I get a loud, very distorted noise though the speakers (not the normal tone it sounds out with when placed on the TouchStone).
    I'm getting it too. It sucks that the only cure is a full reboot.
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    Nope, see post #213
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    Nah, as already mentioned, whilst playing distorted music, lock the screen, wait until the music goes clear, then quickly unlock.

If you aren't quick when it goes clear, it tends to stutter and go distorted again. This is a fun bug! Come on HP, this was supposed to be a top tier product, and this is a showstopping bug. A bug that was just introduced.
    guy says fun yes. Rofl. I honestly can't wait to try cm7 beta.
    stepping over to the dark CM side of things. They offered me cookies and candy.
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Update: just noticed the distortion again as I was swiping away cards. Decided to try Pulseaudio Restarter and it worked this time.
    Add two more TouchPads to the list of the afflicted. Volume bug has us by the ears. I know it's tough times, but who should we contact at HP to make a noise, more aggrivating to their ears than the volume distortion, that assists in seeing this bug is fixed before the unknown future of webOS claims more victims?
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast