1.    #1  
    Getting error: ESP send failure detected. Please try different NAT traversal config.
    It use to work with 3.0.2, no changes made to the config settings.
    Tried different combinations and nothing works.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I have the same error. No fix found.
    you can install pppt vpn it work well, but I do not know how to use TP browser file on PC or nas when I not ah home
    Getting error: ESP send failure detected. Please try different NAT traversal config.
    It use to work with 3.0.2, no changes made to the config settings.
    Tried different combinations and nothing works.
    I'd pretty much given up on getting VPN to connect to my works network using the VPNC connection type experiencing the same error, however I decided to have a bit play around today.

It was the usual scenario where you change several things then suddenly it works and you then have to repeat each step untill it works - but I have it working 100% now, though its a weird work around.

First of all I installed pptp VPN from the apps catalogue

Now attempt to configure and connect a profile with the PPTP type using your VPN address, username and password.

The connection will fail

Now go back to the main VPN page (the new profile won't be saved as it was unsuccessful) and try and connect to the VPNC profile you'd setup that was displaying the NAT Traversal Error and if its the same scenario as I was having it will connect. :-)

I've no idea why this works but suspect it might be something todo with the VPN server having some understanding of my client PAT negotiated from the failed PPTP connection????

This process needs to be repeated if there is a reasonably long time between VPN connections but not if your dotting in and out every few mins - so I'm hoping that if this is something that does help the community that it could be automated through a preware solution?

Hope this helps others.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities