1.    #1  
    Before updating to 3.0.4, there was an empty trash option in the E-mail drop-down box. Now, after updating, it is gone. Not good! Is there a new way to empty all the trash now with one click or is that feature just gone?
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    I noticed the same thing on mine... Kinda sux.
    Its gone.

The good news is, that for me with my multiple Hotmail accounts, the Trash empties automatically, and the changes show up within minutes, on the web and in Windows Live Mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenhornplayer View Post
    Before updating to 3.0.4, there was an empty trash option in the E-mail drop-down box. Now, after updating, it is gone. Not good! Is there a new way to empty all the trash now with one click or is that feature just gone?
    The feature appears to have disappeared. This is really bad! There seems to be no way to delete old emails other than one-by-one. Even when I delete them on the email server, copies are still sitting in the trash folder on my touchpad. This sucks.
    not a one touch method but you can go into your trash folder click on the folder icon and then select e-mails to delete then click the trash icon to delete those emails. Or goto the trash folder and just start clicking on the trash icon, after each delete a new message is automatically loaded so need to select each message. I know neither is as easy just doing the "empty trash" thing but should be more efficient than trying to swipe one at a time. If you are already using either method, umm, never mind.
    agreed - of the slow, painful methods it is certainly the quickest. If you think that your mental arithmetic has failed, the number of mails indicated in the Trash box is only the number of Unread emails. Having just deleted well over 1,200 emails which were 'supposed' to be around 900 I now see that only the Unread Bold Type ones deleted will reduce the number left in the Trash; you can have 100 Read emails and as you delete them, the number will not change. The whole numbering thing is 'flaky' to put it mildly; at some times, after deleting say 50-100 emails, they will all appear to disappear, but when you return a lot of them will still be present. I cannot find a pattern to that bit of the bug. If you get fed up watching paint dry it would be interesting to see if there is a pattern to that too, or whether it is just random. It's also a weird feature that the only way (that I can see) to Undelete is to go to the blue 'Select Item' mode, select the ones to undelete, hit the left icon and pick the destination. Please, please bring back the old Empty Trash option.
    Last edited by mohammedali182; 10/30/2011 at 11:43 AM. Reason: cracked trash box alleged contents numbering
    Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    So I spent the night watching the Broncos and Jets deleting emails from four different Trash accounts. That's crazy.

At least Google and Yahoo accounts allow the option to select None for Trash. I don't have to worry about those.

Urg…
    Quote Originally Posted by werkx View Post
    So I spent the night watching the Broncos and Jets deleting emails from four different Trash accounts. That's crazy.

UrgÖ
    Hope you're a Broncos fan
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    i was unaware that all of my old e-mails were in the trash bin even though they had been deleted from the server. i have 4 e-mail accounts and 2 of them have litterally thousands of e-mails in the trash -- i just removed / reinstalled these accounts -- now the trash is empty and set to none.
    good thread -- thanks for the knowledge
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Rob Chilcott

Twitter @robchilcott
    pre2
    " I am only a stupid electrician after all"

My house is a webOS house
    My pre 2, Touchpad 32g
    Wife Pixi, touchpad 32gb
    Daughter -- my old pre+
    of course my 16 year old son has and droid incredible but i think i remeber finding him on the porch