1.    #1  
    Hi,

I installed WebOS (doctored it) 3.0.4. Just went into "Device Info" tab and noticed that "Available Space" = 12.5 GB on 16GB TP. Is that normal?

WebOS 3.0.4 is 3.5GB?

thx
    It does take up more room than 3.0.2. Not sure how much more, but I noticed my available space dropped after installation.

Does anyone else think the battery drains faster with 3.0.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by gergev View Post
    Does anyone else think the battery drains faster with 3.0.4?
    I noticed the same. I went from 61% to 45% overnight, a loss of 16%. Usually I only lose 5% or so max overnight.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Regarding battery issues, I will check when I get home. I updated my 16gb and my wifes 32gb last night.

But maybe if you are patched up, the patches are no longer working until they are updated? Also check your Wifi prefs and everything else so that your settings remained the same. (wife sleeps when tablet sleeps, manual sync, etc)
    One of the problems could be that operating systems take up space on the device, maybe a gig or 2. One thing that would take up space are the pre installed apps taking up room. But even with all of those it couldn't be over 2.5 Gb, so it must be HUGE, or something I'm not thinking of.
    Touchpad 16GB 3.0.5
    Pre 2 2.2.4
    I noticed a Half gig difference in my storage...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wised View Post
    Hi,

I installed WebOS (doctored it) 3.0.4. Just went into "Device Info" tab and noticed that "Available Space" = 12.5 GB on 16GB TP. Is that normal?

WebOS 3.0.4 is 3.5GB?

thx
    The initial OS installation is about 3 gigs with all preinstalled apps and what not.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Dang... That sounds like an old "Windows" update... 3.5GB that's a huge chunk. But I guess we always have our free "Box". Wow.... 3.5GB....
    Quote Originally Posted by shanpalm61 View Post
    Dang... That sounds like an old "Windows" update... 3.5GB that's a huge chunk. But I guess we always have our free "Box". Wow.... 3.5GB....
    You are misunderstanding... the update itself isn't 3.5 gigs. That is the totality of the complete OS and all default applications, plus any automatically downloaded applications from your profile and other data that syncs from synergy accounts.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10.    #10  
    Full Secure Erase
    Doctored to WebOS 3.0.4
    did NOT install any patches/apps (before or after full erase/doctor).

Available space = 12.5GB...

Did Full secure erase again
    Same available space (12.5GB)

3.5GB...
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Your 16GB Touchpad only has 14.9GB or so to begin with (this is due to how computers read gigabytes, 16,000,000,000 bytes = 14.9 gigabytes), so if you have 12.5 that means webOS is taking 2.4GB.

3.0.2 took up a similar amount of space.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by aliron View Post
    Your 16GB Touchpad only has 14.9GB or so to begin with (this is due to how computers read gigabytes, 16,000,000,000 bytes = 14.9 gigabytes), so if you have 12.5 that means webOS is taking 2.4GB.

3.0.2 took up a similar amount of space.
    Ahhh thanks for the info. that clears some confusion.

p.s. last time I checked, my webos 3.0.2 showed me 13.5GB available space.
    Just to clarify the packaged 3.0.4 OTA was only 50ish megs. Of course that is using some form of compression.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You are misunderstanding... the update itself isn't 3.5 gigs. That is the totality of the complete OS and all default applications, plus any automatically downloaded applications from your profile and other data that syncs from synergy accounts.
    oh now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. Makes much better sense now.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    the webOs 3.0.4 doctor is 230-ish mb
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Before update I was left with exactly 23GB. After update it as 21.5 gb. So 1.5 gigs of extra space is what the 3.04 took
    Quote Originally Posted by shanpalm61 View Post
    oh now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. Makes much better sense now.
    No problem, been a lot of confusion about OS size with all the folks that had CM7 or Linux partitions prior to the OTA and them losing visualization of a partition that is still taking up actual space.
  18.    #18  
    Lets say 230-is mb is the +/- few mbs...but I am down by 1GB from 3.0.2 before doctor to after doctor of 3.0.4. I thought there was some temp data being saved every time I doctor the device...just wanted to know if others have same space available after doctor with no apps/patches installed. Also, I had no other apps while I was using 3.0.2 so no app was brought over from my old account. My TP hasn't met CM7 as of yet.