Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By levinite
  • 3 Post By dna550
  1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I was wondering if it were possible to attach a USB webcam to my touchpad. If I had a USB OTG cable/Y-Cable, could I watch the webcam on my touchpad somehow? What would be involved? I guess I would need driver support and then an app to play it. Are there any available?

If it doesn't work on webOS, could I install Ubuntu with UbuntuChroot and have it work from there?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Why do you need a webcam? TouchPad already has a front facing camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by hirenpathak View Post
    Why do you need a webcam? TouchPad already has a front facing camera.
    LOL I was wondering the same thing.
    Attach it to the back I guess? So that you have front and back cams. Lol
  5.    #5  
    I want to be able to move the webcam around and see it on the screen facing the other way. Essentially a forward facing camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky75 View Post
    I want to be able to move the webcam around and see it on the screen facing the other way. Essentially a forward facing camera.
    There might be some way to mount a small mirror that could do what you want.
    shanpalm61 likes this.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by levinite View Post
    There might be some way to mount a small mirror that could do what you want.
    bable, shanpalm61 and Vistaus like this.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    You can attach one and find that it's recognized through xterm but I've never had it be usable. I assume it's a driver issue, I played with webcams a lot while trying to hook up a different network adapter, neither worked out although I'm far from a pro
    "The Gods do not protect fools, fools are merely protected by more capable fools"
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by bable View Post
    You can attach one and find that it's recognized through xterm but I've never had it be usable. I assume it's a driver issue, I played with webcams a lot while trying to hook up a different network adapter, neither worked out although I'm far from a pro
    Thanks for the first real answer lol. Do you mean xterm purely with WebOS? Or when running ubuntu? I was hoping that it would work with ubuntu since I know it has driver support for it with a real ubuntu distro.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Someone should try a Video camera that supports Bluetooth:

LX2-0001-00 Looxcie 2 Wearable Bluetooth Video Camcorder, Black
  11.    #11  
    I just have a simple webcam though Anyone know if this is possible?
    You might want to check this thread out:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor View Post
    You might want to check this thread out:
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-touchpad.html
    Yep I was already aware that the touchpad had a USB host working. It's what got me thinking on this idea in the first place. The problem is drivers and playback