Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Since the update 3.0.4 I can not hear any sound out of one of the speakers I tried uninstalling all of the patches and restarting the tp several times need some help guys thanks.
    I had the same problem, but a reboot fixed the problem

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

My Pre Does EXACTLY What I Need It To Do, And Thats Why I Have A webOS Relationship.

Facebook: facebook.com/LordSecksie
    Twitter: @LordSecksie
    TextOne: LordSecksie
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by LordSecksie View Post
    I had the same problem, but a reboot fixed the problem

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    tried resets several times still only sound out of one speaker this blows. thanks man
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I'm getting sound from both, but it sounds awful. Like super crackly.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    I have crackly sound
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    I have crackly sound
    I had the same issue. Thats when I removed HomeBrew app 'Increase Touchpad Volume Lite', rebooted the device and the crackly sound was fixed. Then I reinstalled 'Increase Touchpad Volume Lite'.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    No issues for me. I removed all my patches and uberkernal before I did the update. Experience from my Pre- days reminded me that updates and patches often don't mix well.
    I didn't remove my patches even though I knew I should have before update and now my speakers will cut off at random times until I reboot..
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I still have crackling. Even through my headphones. I did a hard reset and also use the web os doctor to reflash and it still crackles :'(
    Same problem here on mine since the 3.0.4 push. I did forget to uninstall all the preware patches though.

Tried:
    1. Soft Reset
    2. Factory Reset

Headphone jack works. Occasionally the sound gets crackly.

Not sure if any of the Preware stuff lingers, but the factory reset should've removed all the patches etc. so not sure why the sound on the right speaker went kaput.

Pretty annoying...
    I have this too. Is there a way to install android or something as a 'card' just to check if volume works there?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdetective View Post
    Since the update 3.0.4 I can not hear any sound out of one of the speakers I tried uninstalling all of the patches and restarting the tp several times need some help guys thanks.
    I think I have the same problem. With the speakers down, the right speaker does not work. With headphones I get sound out of both ears. Now I can't say for sure it worked prior to the update. I am pretty sure both speakers worked. I only noticed the speaker not working after the update.

I did perform the update with preware and patches installed (I was going to remove them but put plugged in the charger and it updated without my knowledge). I had issues with preware getting stuck at "reading saved packages" so I had to uninstall it and reinstall it.

I restarted the TP and the problem still was there. I now turned it off, let it sit for hours, turned it back on, and the right speaker still doesn't work.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Anyone else noticed this problem or found a fix for it? I was thinking of trying the doctor but haven't had time. I'm crossing my fingers that it's software related, but really thinking it is a bad speaker and will have to deal with sending it in for repair.
    Doctoring to 3.0.0, 3.0.2 and 3.0.4 made no difference to mine
    I have the same issue here, sometimes the sound doesn't work at all
    Sorry to be a downer - but it seems the only way to sort it out is by sending it back for repair, as I did. Loaded 3.0.4 is fine now
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glennie View Post
    Sorry to be a downer - but it seems the only way to sort it out is by sending it back for repair, as I did. Loaded 3.0.4 is fine now
    I'm assuming you got your unit repaired and not a refurb/replacement? How long did it take to get your unit back?
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdetective View Post
    Probably not a firmware issue. I had my left speaker go out. Sent it in for repair.
    It took them 2 tries tries to fix it. The 2nd time it came back the speakers were working, but the headphone jack wasn't.
    Ended up getting a replacement. No cracks, no problems so far with this one. Knock on wood.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    Have you tried the preware Audio restarter? It does a low-level restart of the audio sub-system. It just might kick things back in working order.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    I have cracky sound too
    anyone have other suggestion except sending it back to repair??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast