Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    So, I upgraded to 3.0.4 yesterday morning and all was well all day, until I went to purchase an app with a promo code I was given last night. When trying to to go directly to the URL, I get the message saying this promo code is good until however long, tap OK button and then the whole screen just goes white and nothing ever happens. If I manually browse to the app, or any app for that matter and tap purchase, I get the popup for Purchase, Promo, or cancel. Once I tap Promo, the box goes away and nothing ever happens. It just shows "Purchasing" in grey on the app but I never get the popup box to enter the promo code in. I rebooted multiple times. I finally broke down and doctored my device! Wouldn't ya know, I still have the problem. Tried it again this morning thinking it could've been the app catalog last night, but still same prob this morning. Several on twitter with 3.0.4 told me they weren't having the problem. Any ideas? Anyone else ran into this at all??
    hmmm a new bug, squash it
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I used mine yesterday, I think after the update... Will confirm.

The issue I had was the keyboard covered the text box where I enter the code, I had to turn the screen portrait to paste it.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Problems here too. I'm trying to use my early adopter promo code to purchase an app and it's stuck on 'purchasing' as the status.
    Quote Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
    Problems here too. I'm trying to use my early adopter promo code to purchase an app and it's stuck on 'purchasing' as the status.
    Same for me...
  6.    #6  
    I've contacted palm support about this and it now being looked into by level3 engineers. I'd suggest those of you with the same problem setup a case too, so they see multiple people with the same problem and hopefully fix it sooner. The thought of not being able to do their weekly promo codes until this gets fixed, has me down. :P
    So I think I know what is happening, the problem is I don't really know why.

First, background information
    When popups appear on the device through the App Catalog there is no way to go back always, so tapping outside of the popup causes the pop up to disappear into the background. When this happens everything comes to a halt basically.

What I believe is happening..
    Your App Catalog is working fine (kind of), you are tapping on the promo and the pop up is coming up, however some how your device is recognizing a tap elsewhere on the screen and pushing it into the background.

When it goes off into the background you get stuck on the grey purchasing, since that is what you was in the process of doing. So now the device is stuck into this limbo of purchasing.

Hopefully now that you have contacted support we can dig into the log files and find out what is causing this to happen.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Are you getting the option to enter the promo code though? I have gotten apps stuck in the "purchasing" state, usually when I accidentally hit cancel on the promo code screen because I am going too fast and not letting the box move after KB opens. To fix an app stuck in "purchasing", close app cat and reopen.

Just trying to clarify since you didn't mention having the exact same issue as the OP.

Ahhh HardBeatz beat me... thanks for a better explanation than I could give.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    geeksquadkid likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Are you getting the option to enter the promo code though? I have gotten apps stuck in the "purchasing" state, usually when I accidentally hit cancel on the promo code screen because I am going too fast and not letting the box move after KB opens. To fix an app stuck in "purchasing", close app cat and reopen.

Just trying to clarify since you didn't mention having the exact same issue as the OP.

Ahhh HardBeatz beat me... thanks for a better explanation than I could give.
    No, I'm not getting the option to enter the actual promo code. The last thing I see is the 'Confirm Purchase' dialogue and I select 'Use Promo Code'. Before I call support I'm going to uninstall F15C to make sure it isn't the issue. I'll post back my results.

EDIT: Removing F15C made no differences.
    Last edited by peterlemonjello; 10/19/2011 at 01:16 PM.
  10.    #10  
    No, I'm not getting the option to enter the actual promo code. The last thing I see is the 'Confirm Purchase' dialogue and I select 'Use Promo Code'. Before I call support I'm going to uninstall F15C to make sure it isn't the issue. I'll post back my results.

EDIT: Removing F15C made no differences.
    Thanks for the feedback, glad I'm not the only one and its not something corrupt on my profile. I hope that you do contact support, the more they see of people with this issue, hopefully the higher of priority they make it. If we have to wait for another OTA to fix this, that'll be real bad news. I'd go back to 3.0.2 before losing promo code functionality the next few weeks/months..
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, glad I'm not the only one and its not something corrupt on my profile. I hope that you do contact support, the more they see of people with this issue, hopefully the higher of priority they make it. If we have to wait for another OTA to fix this, that'll be real bad news. I'd go back to 3.0.2 before losing promo code functionality the next few weeks/months..
    you do know that even if you go back to 3.0.2 it will auto update
    If the 3.0.2 doctors are still up you may want to download it now if you don't already have it.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  13.    #13  
    If the 3.0.2 doctors are still up you may want to download it now if you don't already have it.
    Still have it from before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    you do know that even if you go back to 3.0.2 it will auto update
    That can be blocked, not to mention, the TP seems to run a lil different update scheme than previous webOS.

I had left my TP WiFi on all day yesterday and the update was pushed and downloaded by the time I got off work, but asked me if I wanted to install. This is not the same way updates act on the phones at all.
    FYI, if you have the hulu change user agent installed, the app catalog in 3.0.4 does launch unlike before with 3.0.2, but doesn't function correctly. So if you have the change user agent installed you'll probably need to remove that to use a promo code.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    That can be blocked, not to mention, the TP seems to run a lil different update scheme than previous webOS.

I had left my TP WiFi on all day yesterday and the update was pushed and downloaded by the time I got off work, but asked me if I wanted to install. This is not the same way updates act on the phones at all.
    yea but even if you dont click install, wont it install automatically if you restart?

I am seeing as many negatives with this update as much as positives
    @volcom.... you gonna be mad if you check your e-mail

edit: maybe not, nothing super exciting
    @volcom and hardbeatz

The white screen issue seems to be a bug separate from the promo code issue. On the new promo codes today, I got the white screen issue if I tried to use the links in the e-mail. The app cat loaded to a white screen with a back button.
  19.    #19  
    @volcom.... you gonna be mad if you check your e-mail

edit: maybe not, nothing super exciting
    Haha, ya saw it, good week to miss out on :P Sure better have it fixed by next weeks, hehe.

@texasflood, I don't have the Hulu agent installed..
    Mine is working ok. In fact it's been more reliable. Just used it to get the 4 free apps from the HP email.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast