Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree6Likes
    I too have a promo code that I can't use. The weird thing is it didn't hit me right after the 3.0.4 upgrade, more like a day later. I have thought about anything I might have done to trigger it. One thing that occurred to me which SEEMS unrelated but I'll mention it anyway, for what it's worth, is that after the upgrade I set minimal logging but did not clear the old logs. Shortly before this problem hit me I did go back in and clear the logs. As I said, seems unrelated but the only thing I could think of so far. Maybe others can chime in as to how this lines up with their experience. Thanks.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    I too have a promo code that I can't use. The weird thing is it didn't hit me right after the 3.0.4 upgrade, more like a day later. I have thought about anything I might have done to trigger it. One thing that occurred to me which SEEMS unrelated but I'll mention it anyway, for what it's worth, is that after the upgrade I set minimal logging but did not clear the old logs. Shortly before this problem hit me I did go back in and clear the logs. As I said, seems unrelated but the only thing I could think of so far. Maybe others can chime in as to how this lines up with their experience. Thanks.
    I doctored fresh to 3.0.4 to try and resolve this and it's still there with no patches, so I don't think so. This seems to be a 3.0.4 issue completely HP related..
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I doctored fresh to 3.0.4 to try and resolve this and it's still there with no patches, so I don't think so. This seems to be a 3.0.4 issue completely HP related..
    Thanks. The other only thing I can think of is I did bring up the app catalog with the new new hulu fix. I saw it was funky so shut it down and reverted at which point the app catalog was still working fine for me. But sounds like it was nothing I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I also started fresh by using webOS Doctor to install 3.04 on all three of my Touchpads.
    There was no problem entering the promo codes from yesterday's HP promo email.

However, I tried to use another promo code today and it's stuck at "Purchasing" right
    after I click the button to use promo code. I did a full shutdown and restarted this
    Touchpad and still encountered the same problem.

I took out my 2nd Touchpad which had nothing extra installed since webOS Doctor
    to 3.04 yesterday. I went into HP App Catalog and was able to enter the promo code
    without any problems at all.

(since all three Touchpads in my family are on the same webOS account, I went back
    to the other two and just downloaded the same app that I just got with the promo
    code... they just show up as free apps)
    Just finished with online chat. They are working on correction will correct over the air...or something like that. I am ****ed...missed those app codes yesterday
    Quote Originally Posted by mknba View Post
    Just finished with online chat. They are working on correction will correct over the air...or something like that. I am ****ed...missed those app codes yesterday
    What app codes were given out yesterday? I thought all promo codes weren't working anyway.
    App catalog update available, and promo codes are working! That was a nice turnaround for HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paging Dr B View Post
    App catalog update available, and promo codes are working! That was a nice turnaround for HP.
    Thanks for the heads up, fixed the issue for me.
    The update added 50 app bookmarks but other than that things look like they're back to normal.
    The update added 50 app bookmarks but other than that things look like they're back to normal.
    I had no app bookmarks before the update and none after.
  11.    #71  
    Confirmed fixed for me, too! Awesome!
    Good stuff, that was quick
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Volcom45 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Good stuff, that was quick
    I am quite impressed by HP's webOS team right now. They are working
    very quickly to resolve issues. They also seem to know how to "take care
    of" customers by giving out freebies when the device have issues.

When I tried to use the promo code today, it wouldn't allow me to enter it.
    Normally I could careless because most apps are $1 or $2... but the promo
    code I was trying to use was a promo code for a $49 app, so I thought HP
    was messing with me.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    The update fixed the issue for me as well.
    No update is showing as available for me and I'm still having the "purchasing..." problem.

I've never gotten to use a promo code before...

Edit: Nevermind, it's in the software manager... I was checking in system updates. Installed the update and now it works
    Quote Originally Posted by Exhnozoaa View Post
    No update is showing as available for me and I'm still having the "purchasing..." problem.

I've never gotten to use a promo code before
    Fire up Software Manager. Should be there now. I'm updating as I type this.
    [ everythingsablur ]

Palm lineage:
    PalmPilot Pro -> PalmPilot Pro w/ 2MB OS 3 upgrade -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Handspring Visor Prism -> Handspring Visor Prism w/ VisorPhone -> ... (the long hiatus) ... -> HP TouchPad & HP Pre 3 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Fixed for me also. Good job webOS dev!
    Quote Originally Posted by vdillon View Post
    Fixed for me also. Good job webOS dev!
    Fixed the problem for me also! Thank you HP!
    works for me too. thanks hp!
    THX!!!! Great job
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234