Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    it was OK with 3.0.2, after the upgrade to 3.0.4 can't use the promo code. same problem as reported in this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Maybe you should have a standard disclaimer as this isn't the first time I've seen it reported that you confirmed a bug by, near as I can tell, agreeing that logs relative to a reported issue should be supplied and analyzed.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Go re-read his 1st post. All he said was he had a hunch what was going on but only further engineers looking at logs would know for sure. That's not a real nice attack on the guy that actively helps us around these forums!
    If it came off as an attack then I obviously didn't word it carefully enough as it was actually meant to be a defense. What I meant to say was he seemingly only agreed to look at an issue but was reported to have acknowledged a bug which near as I can tell he did not.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Terminology is often very key. I just want to clarify that I didn't confirm the bug, only iterated what I believed to be the cause. Nothing can be confirmed until log files have been diagnosed and further research has been done on the issue.
    Ok I understand. I jumped the gun a little bit with this statement.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    If it came off as an attack then I obviously didn't word it carefully enough as it was actually meant to be a defense. What I meant to say was he seemingly only agreed to look at an issue but was reported to have acknowledged a bug which near as I can tell he did not.
    Haha, sorry, totally misunderstood ya!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i have 2 touchpads. one 32 and one 16. the 32 i have zero 'purchasing' issues. with the 16, i have the purchasing issue. both have/had the same patches installed. both were updated to 3.0.4 last night

no idea why one works and one does not
    Me too.

I have 5 Touchpads in my house and mine is the only one with this problem. We have two 32gb and three 16gb. Mine is a 32.

Where can I go to file a bug complaint?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccx View Post
    i have 2 touchpads. one 32 and one 16. the 32 i have zero 'purchasing' issues. with the 16, i have the purchasing issue. both have/had the same patches installed. both were updated to 3.0.4 last night

no idea why one works and one does not
    I need to test the wifes 16 gig tonight, she didn't update until right before I was getting ready to lay down. So I just made sure it rebooted and basic functionality was there, then crashed.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinn View Post
    Me too.

I have 5 Touchpads in my house and mine is the only one with this problem. We have two 32gb and three 16gb. Mine is a 32.

Where can I go to file a bug complaint?
    I would suggest the chat within the help app on the TouchPad, especially if you have a BT keyboard.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by tm515 View Post
    it was OK with 3.0.2, after the upgrade to 3.0.4 can't use the promo code. same problem as reported in this thread
    I already mentioned that I could not use the free promo codes that arrived today, so I thought I would try my $50 app credit from HP and tried to purchase an app. All the regular dialogue comes on, to choose purchase or promo code and I choose promo code and the little box in the corner changes to grey and says purchasing, yet it never actually purchases it. It stays like that for several minutes and then it seems to cancel out.
  9.    #49  
    Good news, just now from @webosdev

@webOSdev webOS DevRelations
    "@awesomeapps_ @Audemars02 @Adora @richardkerris escalated and reproduced. engineering is figuring it out."
    OldSkoolVWLover and stbxxl like this.
    So, I upgraded to 3.0.4 yesterday morning and all was well all day, until I went to purchase an app with a promo code...l get the message saying this promo code is good until however long, tap OK button and then the whole screen just goes white and nothing ever happens. If I manually browse to the app, or any app for that matter and tap purchase, I get the popup for Purchase, Promo, or cancel. Once I tap Promo, the box goes away and nothing ever happens. It just shows "Purchasing" in grey on the app but I never get the popup box to enter the promo code in.
    Same for me--I upgraded my 32GB yesterday. Tried EPR, just in case one of the (non-functioning) Preware patches was causing the problem, but that made no difference. FYI, I was using just the basic performance patches under 3.0.2--nothing fancy, no overclocking, no alternate kernal.

Bummer--I would have really liked to have had Clipboard for webOS.
    Last edited by bethel95; 10/19/2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I don't have any issues using promo code in 3.0.4. I did remove all patches and set palm profile before update.
    FYI, I was not having this issue earlier then all of a sudden I was. So I opened a chat and reported it.
  13.    #53  
    A dev suggested trying the following; I may give this a try..

"Have you tried to remove the App Catalog via palm-install -r and installing the old App Catalog from a 3.0.2 doctor?"
    FYI: I was having this problem too yesterday, it's magically working again now.
    A dev suggested trying the following; I may give this a try..

"Have you tried to remove the App Catalog via palm-install -r and installing the old App Catalog from a 3.0.2 doctor?"
    Be sure to take good notes on the process in case it works.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruitakim View Post
    FYI: I was having this problem too yesterday, it's magically working again now.
    OK, so I gave it another try--still the same problem that OP and I reported last night.

Sigh...
  17.    #57  
    Just now on twitter from @webosdev to me:

@webOSdev webOS DevRelations

"@mpt45 fix is coming. I wouldn't start whacking at things."
    tap OK button and then the whole screen just goes white and nothing ever happens. If I manually browse to the app, or any app for that matter and tap purchase, I get the popup for Purchase, Promo, or cancel.
    I have the same problem with the blank page. When I manually type the promo code into a URL and also when I click on links in the HP Newsletter that contained the code. I can load the app from the launcher and visit the app pages, but I don't see a promo button when I click purchase, I only see the password field, OK, and Cancel.

I uninstalled the HP Catalog App and a catalog payment package, but still see the blank, white page after it reinstalled.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I can confirm I'm having this issue.

I just got an Email from Derek that I won one of the Ground Effect promo codes and I haven't been able to redeem it.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    Just chatted with HP support, they're aware of the issue.

No ETA for a fix.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast