Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Before the update, when the promo code box showed up, it will automagically move towards the top of the screen to accommodate the keyboard. Now there appears to be two issues...

* Clicking on the app link in the e-mail redirects you to a blank page in the App Catalog.
    * The promo box code no longer moves up. You can still type it in, but you have to click on the tiny green sliver of an OK button or minimize the keyboard to click on the OK button.
    "In the end, everything is fine; if it is not fine, it is not the end." -- Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Mine is working ok. In fact it's been more reliable. Just used it to get the 4 free apps from the HP email.
    Did you click the link or searched manually?

Also getting blanks when clicking the link... Lucky I had another TP on 3.0.2 still.
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudoswede View Post
    * The promo box code no longer moves up. You can still type it in, but you have to click on the tiny green sliver of an OK button or minimize the keyboard to click on the OK button.
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe this was intentional as it allows the popup to always stay centered versus the auto adjust which would cause a lot of misclicks (although I may be the only one that is rushing and misclicking because it auto adjusted and causing the popup to disappear)
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Mine is not working either. So I missed out on the promo codes today.

I click use promo code and then it gets stuck on purchasing.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krisnicaj View Post
    Same for me...
    Same issue for me after 3.0.4 updated: I click "Use Promo Code", then the dialog disappears and the dialog to enter the promo code never shows up.
    The App is stuck on "Purchasing". Restarting the app catalog gives the same result.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I had no issues using the promo codes today, running 3.0.4. I had removed all patches and Uberkernel before updating to 3.0.4, if that makes a difference.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Don't quote me on this, but I believe this was intentional as it allows the popup to always stay centered versus the auto adjust which would cause a lot of misclicks (although I may be the only one that is rushing and misclicking because it auto adjusted and causing the popup to disappear)
    I am with you, I personally like this new functionality, then again I am almost always locked in portrait mode so the box moving was nothing but an annoyance to me. First one I did today I was waiting for the box to move before I touched the screen.

For all those having the issue, have you tried both portrait and landscape orientation? I know this shouldn't matter, but would be a good thing to rule out.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by mimoo View Post
    Did you click the link or searched manually?

Also getting blanks when clicking the link... Lucky I had another TP on 3.0.2 still.
    I searched manually. I was able to duplicate the white screen issue with a link from a different dev yesterday. I have also been getting it for several seconds clicking on any link that opens a new window, like on twitter. I meant I was able to enter the promo code ok. Copy/paste has been more reliable.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinn View Post
    Mine is not working either. So I missed out on the promo codes today.

I click use promo code and then it gets stuck on purchasing.

Mine Is doing the same thing so I missed out on the promo codes today.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I had no issues using the promo codes today, running 3.0.4. I had removed all patches and Uberkernel before updating to 3.0.4, if that makes a difference.
    FWIW, Mine is broken and I removed all patches and F15C before updating.

Just opened a case through Palm chat support.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    I do have the same issues (promo codes don't work and I get a white screen in the app catalog if I click on an app id link). I updated to 3.0.4 yesterday and I don't have any themes, patches or kernels installed. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I do have the same issues (promo codes don't work and I get a white screen in the app catalog if I click on an app id link). I updated to 3.0.4 yesterday and I don't have any themes, patches or kernels installed. Hope this gets fixed soon.
    Depends on what's broken. I haven't noticed any issues. If it's something unique to your setup and not impacting others, might not get fixed.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Just to make this more obvious to HP/Palm I also just filed a bug report with the chat support line. It was a bit cumbersome though as the guy continued to ask for my mobile phone details (phone number, IMEI). But he eventually got it that I'm talking about a TouchPad.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Depends on what's broken. I haven't noticed any issues. If it's something unique to your setup and not impacting others, might not get fixed.
    Well, quite a few people have reported these issues and HartBeatZ has confirmed it already.
    Well, quite a few people have reported these issues and HartBeatZ has confirmed it already.
    That being the case it should be addressed then. Not sure why I don't see this problem or the many others being reported with 3.0.4 but I'm not going to complain,
    Terminology is often very key. I just want to clarify that I didn't confirm the bug, only iterated what I believed to be the cause. Nothing can be confirmed until log files have been diagnosed and further research has been done on the issue.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Terminology is often very key. I just want to clarify that I didn't confirm the bug, only iterated what I believed to be the cause. Nothing can be confirmed until log files have been diagnosed and further research has been done on the issue.
    Maybe you should have a standard disclaimer as this isn't the first time I've seen it reported that you confirmed a bug by, near as I can tell, agreeing that logs relative to a reported issue should be supplied and analyzed.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    i have 2 touchpads. one 32 and one 16. the 32 i have zero 'purchasing' issues. with the 16, i have the purchasing issue. both have/had the same patches installed. both were updated to 3.0.4 last night

no idea why one works and one does not
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by texasflood View Post
    Maybe you should have a standard disclaimer as this isn't the first time I've seen it reported that you confirmed a bug by, near as I can tell, agreeing that logs relative to a reported issue should be supplied and analyzed.
    Go re-read his 1st post. All he said was he had a hunch what was going on but only further engineers looking at logs would know for sure. That's not a real nice attack on the guy that actively helps us around these forums!
    woodytrain likes this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    So, I upgraded to 3.0.4 yesterday morning and all was well all day, until I went to purchase an app with a promo code I was given last night. When trying to to go directly to the URL, I get the message saying this promo code is good until however long, tap OK button and then the whole screen just goes white and nothing ever happens. If I manually browse to the app, or any app for that matter and tap purchase, I get the popup for Purchase, Promo, or cancel. Once I tap Promo, the box goes away and nothing ever happens. It just shows "Purchasing" in grey on the app but I never get the popup box to enter the promo code in. I rebooted multiple times. I finally broke down and doctored my device! Wouldn't ya know, I still have the problem. Tried it again this morning thinking it could've been the app catalog last night, but still same prob this morning. Several on twitter with 3.0.4 told me they weren't having the problem. Any ideas? Anyone else ran into this at all??
    Bump

Same problem.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast